main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any one see a new sith war brewing?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Doikk-Na-ts, Feb 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doikk-Na-ts

Doikk-Na-ts Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2002
    I see history repeating itself. Some Jedi think that they would be better equipped to lead because of their abilities. Isn't that what caused the first great schism in the Jedi 5000 years earlier? Or am I way off base here?

Let's deal with the Vong first; but what then?

2. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Doikk, I love your music. It's too bad you don't do weddings though.

3. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Up for Doikk.

4. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    I think that the 'Sith' disappeared when Palpatine and Vader died.

Now that's not to say that there won't be a light-side/dark-side battle sometime in the future. That's probably going to happen if this Shadow Academy still exists and is producing 'Dark Jedi'. (I never read any of the JJK or YJK books, so I don't know for sure.)

5. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    "I think that the 'Sith' disappeared when Palpatine and Vader died."

Kyp Durron was turned by the spirit of a Sith Master in the Jedi Academy Trilogy. If somebody found the sith teachings, the same things could in fact happen.

6. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    But Kyp would've been the exception, because he would have been the Sith apprentice and Exar Kun would have been the Sith master. How many other Sith masters are there out there?

7. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    What about this Lumiya?

Anyway, Sith war, NO
    Dark Jedi War, YES.

There a quite a few of them floating around and if they joined forces...

8. Howlrunner

Howlrunner Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2001
    One thing always puzzled me... Why are there only 2 Sith? No... I do not need the "because Lord Bane, the only surviving Sith said so" explanation. What I mean is... How difficult is it to commit Genocide? We saw Palpatine's attempt and he missed how many Jedi? Vima Da Boda, Kam Solusar, Empatojayos Brand, Yoda, Obi Wan, that tree guy in DEII, Ikrit.. The list just kind of keeps growing. But -only- one Sith survived? Somehow I doubt that is the case. Sith are hard to kill. Look at Exar Kun or Freedon Nadd. They were dead. Kinda anyway, yet were alive enough to cause trouble and in at least a couple of cases with Exar... alive enough to take on apprentices. How many living people have had some Sith training? Unless she's been killed there is still Lumiya. Not to mention Kyp Durron, the remaining Jensaarai, Luke Skywalker himself, Kam Solusar, and now (depending on what Kyp teaches her in her apprenticship) Jaina Solo. While I will not rule out a new Sith War, I do not believe there will be one written about anytime soon. Why? Because even though there are several people still alive who could start a new Sith Order... it would take several years, as proved by the Jedi Praxeum, to find and train enough beings for them to be a true threat. Palpatine succeeded in being more that athreat with only a few Sith because of his posistion in the Senate. Had it not been for that... the Sith would have remained just a couple of evil guys roaming the galaxy and stirring up trouble.

9. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    Exar Kun left the Jedi because he wanted more then the Jedi could give. He set out to find the teachings that would satisfy his hunger. How is to say that someone from the New Jedi Order won't do the same? Just because the New Jedi don't have any records of the Jedi or Sith (pre-ANH) doesn't mean that they don't exist somewhere. I am sure the records that Exar took with him to Yavin are still there and some adventurous and wanting Jedi or archaeologist will stumble upon them someday. Then who knows what will happen?

10. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Lumia still roams the Galaxy for whoever asked...

11. Doikk-Na-ts

Feb 20, 2002
    Agreed- the name "Sith" is gone. What I'm getting at is that history seems to be repeating itself with another Jedi schism.

12. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I agree as well, the sith died with Marko Regnas.

13. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    Well, the Sith "spawned" from the Jedi of old. There's no reason why Force-users can't up and start using the Dark Side. They probably won't call themselves Sith, but they will use similar powers.

14. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    After Darth Vader and Darth Sidious die at Endor sidious survives in a clone body and keeps the Sith order alive,training Maareke Stele as a sith apprentice, vaders apprentice Lumiya trains Flint who leaves her and then she takes Carnor Jax in his place,after the death of palpatines clones and carnor jax only Lumiya is left,she would eventually find another apprentice, other sith lords still abound on worlds like Ziost,Drommund Kaas,Korriban,Yavin 4, and old worlds of the former Sith Empire only these are ghosts and some are destroyed while others are left in peace without anyone bothering them or their graves.

15. Doikk-Na-ts

Feb 20, 2002
    Wow! You really know your s#!t.

16. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I think its cool, even if it is a repeative process. Dark jedi are my fav, and to me there is nothing like two force users trying to kill each other in a light saber duel. Plus I want to see what the dark jedi will do to the Vong!

17. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    The Sith have ways of popping up, even when folks believe they are no more, or are actually no more. As long as Sith Teachings still exsist, and there are folks willing to both learn from them and take the name and title of Sith, they will always be able to come back. And Lady Lumyia is a Sith who is still out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.