main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any one up for making a Episode 3 Clone Trooper?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by jaho10, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -OC-

-OC- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    Looks really accurate, nice work

2. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Looks awesome! You should just attach the head to the pre existing model! Save yourself the time.

~Rory

3. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Very nice work. :D

4. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    he already has a preexisting model, and it is better than the ones on scifi3d from what I have seen...

5. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    OOOOOKAY...Cool will you be including different trooper textures??

~Rory

6. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    there will probably be a basic texture map that will allow anyone on their own to modify as they see fit like the other guy did on the previous page...

7. jaho10

jaho10 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    Quite awsome, maybe you should just make some *clean* textures and release it soon! I can't wait to texture it. Just what I need to break in the new computer.

8. JeneralJarJar

JeneralJarJar Jedi Master star 1

May 1, 2003
    Yeah, like I said before, I made the body a while ago. I have clean textures already, and I'll probably release it with textures for this red one
    [image=http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/marapril05/ALEX_red2.jpg]
    I spend a lot of time carefully unwrapping my models, so that's why I'm not gonna do it right now... but you'll get it eventually :D

9. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    I like those Clone Troopers...They look like Base ball players!! LOL

Anyways I've noticed that Commander Cody's Helmet is different. I wonder why.

~Rory

10. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    they all remind me of football players :)

11. jaho10

jaho10 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    They look like real comandos, not clumsy and stupid like storm troopers and not too sleek and soft like normal clones. Best of both worlds.

I could help you with a maya version if you want. I know how to get the textures and everything to work.

12. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Hey Jaho...did the OBJ file work for you???

~Rory

13. jaho10

jaho10 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    Yeah, haven't had time to work on it yet. Gonna try and make a realistic texture for it.

14. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    When will we see it up on SciFi3D?

15. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Hopefully soon...It all depends how much time they can spend on it.

~Rory

16. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Are not some versions completed? Some colors dould be on the site, to play around with.

17. -OC-

Sep 23, 2004
    Howard >> Please be patient a bit. I've noticed you've been keeping asking for this one, grevious, and now, his droids. We understood you need them for your film, I think the message is clear. Just want to remind you that Scifi3D is an amateur site, where artists work for their own entertainment first, and then accept to share their creations. So please stop rushing them, that the best way to piss them off.

18. jaho10

jaho10 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    hmmm, if he's that impatient maybe he could just relase the mesh (which I do belive he'd finnished) and let him do the skinning (what I'll do any way). By the way I'd love for this to go out in .obj I seem like one of the only people with Maya here :(

Still, respect the author because his free time goes into this. He's not obligated to finnish it for anyone but himself.

19. -OC-

Sep 23, 2004
    Still, respect the author because his free time goes into this. He's not obligated to finnish it for anyone but himself.

Yeah that's what I was trying to say, but I didn't know how to. thank you for your support

20. Macro_Roshuma

Macro_Roshuma Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    One more desperate producer that needs this...

21. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    99% of the time people want all these things but they never do anything with them. Nothing worth showing at least.

22. jaho10

jaho10 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    I'm certainly gonna use it for a low-fi fan film. I'm probably only going to do it for practice, but still do my best to make it look realistic. Being able to use an ep3 clone troop only makes this prospect more exciting.

I also think I'll be able to write up a tutorial on how to make characters with armour (like storm troopers, whos armour shouldn't move) in maya, if anyone's interested give me a shout.

EDIT: zoo, can you put this in the WIP section?

23. HowardFilms

Apr 18, 2005
    Well I needed grievious for my first trailer (still in the works) but some clone troopers would be nice for it too. Sorry if I seemed demanding, I appreciate all the work that goes into these models.

24. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    scifi_3d_zoo posted on 5/6/05 7:20am
    99% of the time people want all these things but they never do anything with them. Nothing worth showing at least.
    [hr][/blockquote]

Very true. Or if they are like me they do things with them that don't always get back to everyone here. :)

[b]HowardFilms [/b]- have you tried the Clonetroopers already on the site? They are quite nice.

25. jaho10

jaho10 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    My only beef with the low rez ones is that they look too thin and lanky. Either than that they're really cool! And the pilot/commander guy is very high quality and accurate (Currenly rigging the body and waiting for the head! On a 400 MHz iMac too, slow).

BTW, does anyone know a site with commandos and marine videos/pictures. I want to know how the military moves and reacts and to transfer that to my ct animations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.