Any other costumers around here?

Discussion in 'Knoxville, TN' started by GregJ, Nov 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    How elaborate of a lightsaber are you wanting to go for? In other words, do you want a replica or do you care if it looks like a toy or what?

Depending on that, there are different resources available for building or buying your own and varying prices. Take a look on Ebay for "ANH Obi Wan lightsaber" and you will see that there are ligtsabers of all levels of quality and costume accruacy. Pick the one in your price range and let me know. I will try to help you in any way I can to getting saber you want.
  2. GregJ Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the offer of help Jar Jar, I really appreciate it! My robes are in the style of Ben Kenobi, but I'm not going to actually be posing as him. So my lightsaber doesn't necessarily have to look like the one he had in ANH.

I'd just like to have a decent looking saber to wear on my belt, maybe with some blinking lights on it. I like the way Ben's saber looks at the end with the little 'thingy' sticking out of it, but I'd like for the bulk of the saber to be smooth, without a lot of junk on it. Write me at GregJarnigan@webtv.net for a quick response.
  3. Alli Jedi Padawan

*waves hi* Im up in the Kingsport area with 2 other costumers that Im gonna try to get to go at least 1 day to Adven Con with me if they can.

We're kinda a smaller group up here- wish there was more *pouts* but at least I get to keep tabs on the borders between the Southern Outpost and the Carolina garrison *preens*

I have a Mara costume and am working on a Rebel Pilot, one of my friends has 2 Padme costumes and the other a Dark Jedi *nods* :)
  4. katha Force Ghost

star 2
    I'm from Kingsport too :) (Hey Alli)

I have 2 Padme costumes, one ep1 one ep2)

I hope to be making some jedi robes and new lightsaber soon, and maybe another Padme costume or Gaeriel Capitson.
  5. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    for what its worth there are 5-6 501st troopers in knoxville now.not including alli,

whats up alli!

cya
    skip
  6. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I've heard about the 501st guys, but I have never had of them turn out for meets nor have I seen them in costume at any of the Star Wars films here in town. I dunno maybe they aren't aware of us?
  7. Padawan519 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Several 501st post at the TSWCG, and from what I gather, they can't wait for Ad Con. How cool is that gonna be, to have that many costumers out in force!! :) I'll have to find some really nice boots to finish out my Obi costume.....
  8. Lighthammer72 Force Ghost

I heard that Lin-Si-Tar Konnair (I bet I spelled it wrong, but you get the idea) on the RPF makes really good lookin Jedi boots and they're not too terribly expensive. You might want to ask him about some.
  9. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    I can let each of the knoxville 501st know about the knoxville group.perhaps they would like to join up with you guys.

Ad.Con will have a little change of flavor this year.We(501st) intend on having a table well staffed by troopers and such.I will probably have all 3 costumes on hand for the weekend,My royal guard i wore last year,my vader as seen in the newest starwars insider and my newly finished trooper armor.

We may have over a dozen or more troopers present for the con.i know all the knoxville guys will be there plus alot of nashville guys.a few are coming down from KY and some are coming up from AL.weve got biker scouts and troopers and more.i would imagine even a few GA 501st could show up.It will be a site to see.
    I definately look forward to seeing you guys.i would imagine they will have us set up next to each other in the autograph room.

cya
    skip
  10. Alli Jedi Padawan

*waves hi* Hey Skip :)

Katha and I were discussing at dinner trying to do a campaign to get any SW fans in our lil area together...it should be interesting if we can pull this off *giggles*

We are both gonna try to make Adven Con this year in costume so we'll drop by the table :)

~Alli
    SL-1135
  11. TK1128 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm from the Clarksville/Ft.Campbell area. Count on this Trooper appearing at AdventureCon along with a few others from this area.....Looking forward to meeting the Tuskin Raider from Knoxville and others.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.