main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any other married couples going?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Grand Moff Touch, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Moff Touch

Grand Moff Touch Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 1999
    Me and my wife (somewhat reluctantly) are going. We are staying at the Comfort Inn. Just wondering if any other married couples are going?

2. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I'm sure my wife would sympathize with your wife. She went to the first day of the last one with me & hung out with her folks the rest of the time. She said she saw what she needed to see & that one day was enough for her. Her loss. My wife is a passive SW fan. She's seen the movies & liked them, but that's about it. She doesn't get the obsession. Some people just don't know what's cool I guess.

Anyway, my wife won't be going along this time. She & our daughter are flying to Denver to hang with her folks for a few days. I wish they were going to Indy, but at the same time, I know the wife will enjoy being with her mom & dad and her folks will get to spoil their grand daughter. Looks like we all win, though I say I got the better deal. 3 days filled with Star Wars! What more could you ask for?

3. Grand Moff Touch

Dec 18, 1999
    My wife will only actually be going to Saturday's events. I only got the one-day pass for her. She "likes" Star Wars, as opposed to me, who most people would say I am obsessed.

4. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Dude, I'm in the same boat with you. "Obsessed" is a good word to describe me. I admit it. My wife thought I was nuts when I got my rebel alliance tattoo. She sarcastically refers to my toy collection as "fine collectibles". We're in the process of remodeling our basement from one huge room to a few smaller rooms. Well, one of those rooms is going to be a Star Wars room! Shelves lined with my collection, the Episode 1 banner hung from the wall. My books will be safe in there too. I'm planning on buying a second baby gate to keep our 1 year old daughter out.

5. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Oh man it is so nice to see I am not the only one who has to deal with a non SW Fan for a wife. I am trying to talk her into coming. She is so sure she will just be board out of her mind for 3 days. I am trying to use the "Honey, You can keep me from spending to much" Line to get her to come along.

6. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    That's a good ploy. Just tell her there'll be plenty of other bored wifes & girlfriends there for her to complain with. I'm going to start socking away money so I have a nice stash to take along. Plus, my birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I'm positive I'll be getting money from certain family members. That is going into a jar or something until May. If it's money I've saved on my own, no one other than myself can say how it'll be spent. I almost forgot about the tax return. After bills are taken care of, the missus & I have agreed to split up whatever's left over. That'll be for each of us to do with as we please. Don't have to account for it.

7. Grand Moff Touch

Dec 18, 1999
    My wife isn't a non SW fan, she just doesn't have the passion I do. I had to convince it wouldn't just be SW and that we would do other things, which we will.

Also have to take her to the Longaberger place later that month.

Tit for Tat.

My wife thinks my Boba Fett tattoo is cool and thinks we should get special insurance for my collection. Have to admit she is pretty cool!

8. BountyHunter1

BountyHunter1 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2001
    My wife is just happy to be leaving the kids behind and getting away for 3 days i might even get her in a costume

9. Grand Moff Touch

Dec 18, 1999
    I am trying to convince my wife to don a costume, we'll see...

10. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I wonder how many unhappy slave Leias we will see ;)

Why am I posting here, I have no wife.

What about Wives that have to drag their husbands along. I wonder how many of those there are.

11. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Guess I'm in the minority. :D My wife is as nuts about SW as I am. More so, sometimes. We're both going and we'll be in costumes most, if not all days.

12. ladystar

ladystar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2001
    yes, I am one of the wives that will dragging her husband around. I will be in costume and he will be carrying everything, trying hard to look like he's enjoying himself (like he tried to do in Denver) and continally reminding me he's paid up now for all the baseball games he dragged me too!! :)

13. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    I too will be donning my husband as my official carry everything slave. I will be one of the happy girls in a slave Leia costume :)

14. ladystar

ladystar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2001
    MiraxH, I visited your web pages and left you a message in your guest book but some of it got cut off. Your page is cool and your collection display rocks. Too bad they don't have a room for spouses at the convention to deal with their other half's Star Wars obsession!!:)

15. Grand Moff Touch

Dec 18, 1999
    Actually, I started another thread here for just that very thing right here: Spouses Get Together.

16. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Thanks Ladystar. Fortunately my husband does enjoy SW, just not to the extent that I do. He does however go out and buy toys for me and even suggests looking for new figures when we are out shopping. Although he knows I'm a little crazy, I'm lucky he doesn't give me a hard time and complain about SW. However, I did ask him last night if he would consider wearing a costume. I guess his like of SW doesn't extend quite that far yet.

I just read my guestbook. Boy, how funny that the similar things got us reinterested in SW. I was so in love with Mark Hamill when I was young so I just love that picture. Although, now that I'm older, Han is the man for me:) Out hubbies would have lots to talk about I bet.

17. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    i will be bringing my wife, jaina.

18. Darth_Racer

Darth_Racer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2002
    Hey...I need some hep....I need a wife ! Any ladies out there available ?

19. Medina

Medina Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2002
    Hi Im from Mexico..... My wife is also not a Fan... but she want to get out of town.. so she is coming, i get her the 3 day pass but doubt that she will be there all 3 days, good thing there are shops around the convention center...

Ho poe to see you all there

Medina

20. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    >I wonder how many unhappy slave Leias we will see

There's no way in heck she'll get me to wear that slave Leia outfit.

First time I met my lady love was in line to see Phantom Menace. She was showing off her photos of the first Celebration.

21. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    My wife and I will be attending. We live around 20 minute's south of Indianapolis in Greenwood, Indiana. I had to buy her a STAR WARS FAN CLUB membership so she could get into all the thing's that I will be able to get into as a member of the STAR WARS FAN CLUB. I have been a fan for 25 of my 36 year's and have an outrageously huge, ever growing collection. My wife was born a little over a year before STAR WARS was first released in 1977. She enjoy's STAR WARS, probably even enjoy's it a lot, but it drive's her crazy how much I spend on it. She agreed to let me have my own "STAR WARS room" with her reasoning being so she doesn't have to look at it, but she still has to see my collection, because it has overflowed into the hallway and is also taking up quite a good amount of space in our garage and part of our bedroom closet. She call's me "CRAZY-WHACKJOB" over my interest in STAR WARS and how much I put into STAR WARS. We were joking around about wearing t-shirt's to CELEBRATION II that say "CRAZY-WHACKJOB" and "CRAZY-WHACKJOB'S WIFE" on them or she wearing a shirt that say's "I'm with CRAZY-WHACKJOB" with an arrow pointing to me.

22. Grand Moff Touch

Dec 18, 1999
    My wife is so cool! She is looking forward to going now. If only we could find a inexpensive costume for her, she would go in costume also. She would like a Padme dress from AOTC, but I don't think any of them will be easily done.

23. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    My wife think's we should insure my collection as well, which, of course, we should. Other's mention this to me on occasion. I do drive my wife crazy with how much I am into STAR WARS and how much I put into it, but she is really good about it.

24. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    My husband and I are going...We are both very much looking forward to Celebration. I was the fan...and got HIM hooked! :)

25. queenseamstress

queenseamstress TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Jan 30, 2002
    Hi,
    I am a wife of an obsessed Star Wars fan-We are going all three days-and will be in costume some of the time. I had seen the movies, but was not a real fan until I started watching and buying toys with my husband. I have sewing experience, so my labour of love right now is the Amidala pre-senate kimono with the beaded headress...so you could say that certain aspects of Star wars have become an obsession...I have also made my husband a handmade quilt out of Star Wars bedsheets, got him "Darth Maul's" autograph for his birthday a couple years ago, and the 3 day passes for this Valentine's day!
    Can't wait to see you all there!!!!
    Queenseamstress

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.