main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any other married couples going?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Grand Moff Touch, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Since my wife and I live so close to CELEBRATION II, we are inviting everyone attending to spend their night's at our house for a huge STAR WARS sleepover that last the length of CELLEBRATION II. We can play STAR WARS game's, color in STAR WARS coloring book's and activity book's and my wife will make JAWA-shaped cookie's with chocolate chip face's with two orange Reese's Pieces for the eye's.

HOMER THE HUTT say's "Mmm...JAWA-shaped cookie's. Woohoo-tini!"

Obviously, I am just kidding about all of this, so please don't follow us home.

2. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    My bf of two years was thinking about coming with me but then decided he didn't have the money. He's loves Star Wars but in a more passive way than me. He also WILL NOT let me dress him up :( It's very sad for me cuz he'd make a great Anakin to go with my Padme. Grrr, argh! Maybe for Celebration III...

3. ElegantWeapon

ElegantWeapon Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2001
    I'm dragging my wife along with me. However she won't be going to the convention just the long drive with me. We're bringing another couple along with us, so she'll have someone to play with during the day while
    her husband and I are gone. :)

4. mgmcpa

mgmcpa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    So sad to hear of people who have to drag their wifes along ...

I am a huge Star Wars fan and am lucky enought to have found a fan husband to dress up with me! In fact, my husband makes all our costumes (a different one each day) for the convention!

Come on Star Wars wives ... come away from the dark side and join us in the fun!!!

A Happy Star Wars wife!

5. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    There's Boskone and me. Though I refer to his action figures as dust collectors, I'm as big a fan as he is. We're bringing our kids up in the ways of the Force. Our daughter, who, sadly, will be staying with Grandma while we and our son are at the celebration, has amassed a considerable knowledge of SW trivia for a 2 year old.

-Val

6. ahawk12

ahawk12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Unfortunately I am in the category of men whose wives are not "in" to star wars like their husbands. My wife will be there, but she has a business conference in Indy at he same time. (her job is paying for the hotel :D ) Which is cool b/c she does her stuff and I do mine during the day and at nite we can meet up and be together.

She doesn't say much about my enthusiam/obsession in Star Wars too often. She just teases me about my "toys". But hey as long as I get to have them.....it works for me.

7. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm bringing my wife and 2 year old little girl. She is going to be my gofer. When she not doing that she will go to the Zoo, and go swimming.

We are staying at the Comfort Inn so if there are any wifes like mine maybe you can get together?

8. aaron011

aaron011 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    My wife said the 4 worst words any woman can say to a man. "STAR WARS IS STUPID". So needless to say she's not going. Don't get me wrong. She obviously is just giving me a hard time for being a SW nerd. Proud of it, too. Oh yeah. Honey, Soap operas are stupid. TouchE!!

9. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, I met my wife because of Star Wars, so she's just as excited as I am. Back when PM came out, she was working second shift and I worked first, so she waited in line five hours for tickets. She joined the fan club so we could both go everywhere. So the women out there that mentioned happy wives can include another. As for people that think women aren't into Star Wars, at the first meeting of the so-far unofficial Milwaukee group, we had a good number of women turn out, which made my wife very happy.

10. Randmc73

Randmc73 Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2001
    Does my fiance count? We are getting married next April. She likes Star Wars a lot, more than most girls but she is not nuts about it like me. I have been trying to prepare her what she is in store for at the Celebration...

11. JediRainer

JediRainer Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    After taking a cousin with me to Celebration I, I am extremely pleased that this time I am bringing my husband along with me! We are an older couple (I am 45 and he is 57) and we both enjoy Star Wars (we married the year Empire came out and our youngest child was born the month that Jedi arrived). I am by far the most obsessed of the two of us, but he understands that it is one of my hobbies. We are flying in from Southern California and we will be staying at the Motel 6 by the airport. I have the Fan Club Membership, therefore he will relax and wait while I go in early to buy a few things! He will then of course carry them around for me.

12. SWFanGirlfriend

SWFanGirlfriend Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    I am a soon-to-be engaged girlfriend in a relationship with a star wars obsessed guy. I actually suggested us going to Celebration since it is so close (we are in Michigan). We are both very excited. I am the appointed scrapbooker/photographer for our trip. I know that I am not nearly the fan that he is, but I found a way to make it great for me--I get to make the scrapbook!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.