main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any other stashers?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by craigrr, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    It would be cool to get the stuff by mail, but like you said, it takes away from the hunt. Besides, I don't want to pay the mark-up or the shipping & handling.

I remember stashing something like 8 figures at Target. I spaced of getting them. By the time I remembered, I figured they'd been put back. The next time I was at that store, I looked in the hiding place, just for the heck of it. Much to my surprisem they were still there. Coated in dust, but still there. So they all went home with me that night.

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Besides, I don't want to pay the mark-up or the shipping & handling."

But you'd rather pay gas and the hassle/frustration of driving? :p

3. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    I look at it this way: If I'm driving to the stores, I'm usually already going to the store for something else anyway. The SW figs are the prize at the bottom of the box, so to speak. :)

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Briefly off topic--Get Fuzzy Lovers, I've started an offical thread at my Fan Force

--Back-- I was at K-Mart today checking out figures and I thought of this crew. Nothing stash worthy but still.

5. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    [On Topic] I'll admit, I've stashed a figure or two in my day, but only long enough for me to run out to an ATM or to the car for my credit card... [/On Topic]

[Off Topic] I'm a huge Get Fuzzy fan, in fact I just finished the 'Blueprint for Disaster' collection the other day and was laughing my @$$ off the whole time! Without out a doubt the best strip since Calvin and Hobbes! [face_laugh] [/Off Topic]

6. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    My brother has all the Get Fuzzy books. In fact, he's the one who introduced me to the strip. All the GF books are on my Christmas list. I wish it was in our newspaper. One of the best ones was when Bucky cut the table in half.

Figures are usually all I bother stashing. The bigger items seem to stay on the shelves longer. Besides, with the holidays coming and lots of extended family, I'm reasonably sure I'll get some of the larger items this year. Besides that, my birthday is 2 months after Christmas so I can expect more then too.

7. Beth_C

Beth_C Jedi Master star 1

Jul 13, 2003
    Yes, I'm a stasher.. I do it all the time. I have lots of hiding places, as I always seem to come across them when I'm flat busted broke.

I'll take them as far away from the toy aisle as I can.. usually to infants or baby products.. (hide behind the LARGE boxes of strollers, high chairs, etc)

Sometimes, (rarely) I will stash in the toy aisle, usually behind or under some really UGLY stuffed animals.

I've lost some stashes.. but sometimes, I can go back and get them. For some reason, Kmart seems to be my favorie stash store.. must have something to do with their layaway fee.. I never seem to have that problem with Walmart.

The only stashes I tend to come across.. are those by one Jedi Jace Bond. ;) Now that I know where to look that is..

~Beth C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.