main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any paintballers out there??

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by DarthPaul1971, Sep 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    OK, it's time for me to post in this thread... unfortunately about all I can say is: I've never played paintball before, but I've always wanted to.

2. Icarus_apex

Icarus_apex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Well it's not too late to start Billy.

3. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    OK paintball update:

Still working on getting some more bunkers out there...we felt like the middle of the field was lacking for cover, so we'll be trying to get those up this weekend. I went out this evening and painted cammo on the plywood bunkers and they are looking good.

What I would like to know is how many people are serious about getting markers and equipment together and coming out to play.

What will you need?

paintball marker
    barrel plug
    full face paintball mask
    air
    paintballs
    thick clothing
    adrenaline
    willingness to get nailed by a speeding paintball

But seriously, chime in so we'll know how many people really want to play.

Paul

4. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Dena and i are, but it won't be for at least 2 weeks after plano when the money reservse rise again.

5. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I am totally 110% down for this, but like Mike and Dena, it may be a while. I'm currently in the process of buying a house and that's going to eat a pretty penny (or 10 million pennies). It just sucks cuz the last couple of days have just been so absolutely gorgeous paintball weather I'm afraid it's going to get nasty and/or too cold to play much later this year. Then again, maybe we can do an arctic campaign :)

6. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    There is not such thing as to cold. (well untill the guns and paintballs start to freeze.)

7. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    And that is no fun at all right Mike

8. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    It was for me, i kept hitting you with them. :p

9. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    If you think paintball during the day is a rush..you should try playing it at night. I have played at night in two ways...one..simply playing as normal...the field in Collinsville put in street light at verious points in their fields so at night you get patchs of light...patchs of grey and patches of pitch dark...hehe

Then they started taping glowsticks to the barrels hehe...you see this flash of green...dakka dakka dakkka.....hehe....

It is quite the rush sitting there behind a bunker at night at hearing a paintball come whizzing out of the darkness right by your head.

10. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    When otto and i played for all of 10 minutes before the barrels froze it was at night, in the snow. that was hella fun, but was also the only Paint ball experience i've had.

11. DarthPaul1971

Jun 24, 2002
    Yeah it's perfect paintball weather right now and when it gets a little cooler. Thing is CO2 comes out cold and a little damp so when it gets too cold the barrels do tend to freeze up. Nitrogen or compressed air doesn't do this, so you might want to keep that in mind when purchasing a marker. Some markers won't work with nitrogen, and the cylinders are quite a bit more expensive. So it has it's pros and cons. Personally I don't think I'll be playing when it gets too cold, but who knows.

So, only Mike, Dena and Brent? Anyone else?

When you all get ready just LMK and we'll set a date and give you directions out to my in-laws house.

Paul

12. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    As I would have to buy pretty much everything on your list, Paul (is adrenaline sold in bottles or cans? [face_mischief] ) and I have no idea how much any of it will cost, I can't really tell you when I'd be ready to play, but I would love to join in.

13. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    For play like this you don't need a tournement quality marker so... and I cannot BELIEVE i am saying this..go check out walmart...they carry some decent markers these days including a portion of Kingman's Spyder line...the Spyder is a good all around performer. Walmart carries other guns but I would stay away from any of the all plastic brass eagle markers. They sell decent JT masks and other gear as well...one peice of gear I would heartily reccomend to everyone...a set of armored gloves.... walmart carries them...you have no idea how many time the gloves I had saved me from nasty shots...hehe including one time where I was shot in the hand from 6 feet away...without those gloves that would have hurt :)

If you are looking for high end gear well...that is another story :)

14. DarthPaul1971

Jun 24, 2002
    I got my marker at Wal-Mart. It's the Brass Eagle Eradicator, it's the same as the Marauder but they put it in a kit with the mask, hopper, squeegie ect. and gave it a new name. It also has the electronic point sight which is cool but I don't use it. That kit sales for $74 dollars.

Put it this way my brother-in-law has a Spyder Shutter and I didn't get hit once the first time we played. I'm not downing him or the Shutter, I'm just saying that Brass Eagle markers can be effective.

So yeah you don't need to spend alot of money. None of us are professionals. It's all about the fun.

And Billy the adrenaline is free, just stand down range...heh heh

15. Icarus_apex

Icarus_apex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    At Academy Sports and Outdoors they have paintball kits that include: marker, mask, barrrel plug, hopper, barrel squeegee and small (9 ounce I believe) co2 canister. They range in price from around $89 to $200. They have a pretty good selection and I think the kits are a very good deal and the best way to go. As for clothing, ie. camos, military garb, you can't go wrong with Army surplus stores.

Yes, gloves are a very good thing to have. Paul got me in the hand the other day and let me tell ya it stung something fierce, my fingers were numb for a few minutes, drew a little blood too.

~:Joe:~

16. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    I am not saying brass eagle doesn;t make good markers. But I would still shy away from the all plastic ones. I owned two older brass eagle all plastic markers and they leaked like crazy after just a few uses. The newer metal ones seem much better. But I have never used one :) As always Your mileage may vary

17. DarthPaul1971

Jun 24, 2002
    No, that's cool man. I was just giving my testimony for Billy or whoever in case they wanted to buy one.

BTW I sent you a PM Ed.

18. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    got it..replied...replied to the reply :)

And no we are not arguing :) hehe...

Some of the new Brass Eagle markers look pretty decent. But the all plastic ones still look fragile. :) I have noticed however that EVERYONE seems to have a spyder clone. hehe man my first real marker was an orignal Spyder. I tricked the thing out completely..turned my 200 dollar marker into a 500+ tourny quality piece of work. New barrel..new bolt...expansion chambber...bottom line feed...regulaters....eventually sold it and played pretty much with a stock Tippman Prolite... that marker stock beat most tricked out markers hands down.And it felt more like a rifle than the spyder...For some real fun grab you pump marker and go play with the guys using the semis hehe...really torqes them off good when you tag them hehe.
    I still have a Blackknight all plastic marker around here I have only fired one hopper thru to test...hasn;t been serviced in years though so don't know if it would still fire...

19. DarthPaul1971

Jun 24, 2002
    Agreed Ed, I wouldn't buy one of the all plastic $20 Brass Eagle markers. But personally all I need is a good marker that will get paint down range. :)

Paul

20. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    agreed...and there are several of those out now in the 100 dollar range. When I was playing actively 200 was about the lowest you could get a decent marker for and your choices were limited to about..oh..one..the Spyder hehhe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.