main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Any plans for a midnight line up?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Robin_the_squeeker, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robin_the_squeeker

Robin_the_squeeker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2003
    Hey all!

I know I haven't been very active recently, what with being at school and exams and the like, but I was wondering if there was any talk of getting togeather to line up for a midnight screening. I don't mean lining up for days beforehand because 1) I don't know if there are enough people in this general area to be there and 2) I think all of that stuff is going on in the bigger cities i.e. Toronto.

I know for Ep II there were people in line at Ancaster Silver City, no idea how long they were out there though. I think it would be a great chance for us all to get out and show our spirit. I hope to have my Jedi costume finished by then [-o| (I'm starting over from scratch, will have less than a month to make it! [face_worried]) I'm sure you guys have some awesome costumes from other events and such.

Anyways, thoughts? ideas? alternate plans? Post them here and lets see if we can't get something planned!

2. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Not sure I'll actually be there for the Midnight viewing (having kids makes planning things like this hard!)... but I'll be hanging out in the Toronto line when I can...

My costume sucks... but... others like it enough... There is a small chance I'll get my clone armour done to wear for the movie... but.. until that time... the Sandtrooper will have to do...

3. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I do not know what I am going to do for EPIII. I am leaning towards seeing the movie in Burlington and having some sort of a post movie gathering at my place if anyone is cool with that.

4. Robin_the_squeeker

Jan 6, 2003
    sounds cool to me!

C'mon guys, where are the rest of you hiding? lets get some ideas here!

5. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    You guys are more than welcome to join us in Toronto if you'd like! Right now we have a few people coming from different cities including London and many of us in Toronto have crash space.

(CrazyMike, you mean you're not coming down to the line??? How is that possible?)

6. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I am going to stay in Burlington this time around Deb as I cannot get the time off work.

7. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    I'll be at the Toronto line. ;)

8. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    It appears that there is no midnight lineups in Burlington but there is one in Hamilton for you folks
    that live there. I am thinking that if I can get the time off work I am going to see it in Toronto.

9. Robin_the_squeeker

Jan 6, 2003
    Hamilton, eh? could be fun....

I think I'm probably just going to show up at Silver City Ancaster. There was a huge line there for Ep II, I'm hoping the same thing will happen for this one. I can't see why not, it IS the last one.

10. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    we've got something going on at the cineplex queensway. We're going in costume and entertaing the group. Anyone in my area wanna join in?

11. Robin_the_squeeker

Jan 6, 2003
    pardon my ignorance...but where is queensway?

12. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    Queensway is in between Oakville and toronto. You know where the Ikea is off the Qew (the newer ikea not the one in burlington. Anyway it's right of the qew. You can see it from the highway. I think it's etobicoke, cause it's past Sherway. Hope that clarifies.

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    What time will you folks be lining up at.

14. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    i have an appointment on tuesday to work out the details, also to pick up the tickets...i guess we are going early as we are the line entertainment.

Anybody who is interested in joining in. (costumes preferred. Please pm me asap. Need to co-ordinate money and how many tickests etc.

UPDATE...... We are entertaining the line at the Queensway Cinema (out by Ikea, we got off the QEW @ Eglinton i think) Anyway, they figure their line up will start around 10:30, they will open as many theatres as nesscesary. First showing 12:01 am.

PM if you require more details, we may have room for a few more travelers leaving from Oakville.

15. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I am unable to see the Movie in Toronto due to work commitments. The Burlington Silver City on Brant street has a midnight showing on May 18th and I just bought my ticket. If anyone wants to meet up with me
    that is where I will be :)

16. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    oh sure ditch us to hang out in Burlington...... Well we are still at Queensway and anyone who has a costume and wants to join us doing a little "working the crowd and introducing the movie, let me know!!!"

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry...

18. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    ***waves hand***

You will come and join the Toronto line and have fun

19. Robin_the_squeeker

Jan 6, 2003
    I also will be in Burlington....and in costume! Just look for the Jedi in heels (I couldn't find any other boots in time :()

The Force will be with Burlington, always.

20. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Just look for a really ugly looking guy and that would be me :)

21. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    jellicle_jedi73 wants to know if anyones going to the 7:30 showing at the paramont tonight, they won passes as well as toys and games yesterday. she is busy sewing right now thats why i'm asking for her :p

22. Robin_the_squeeker

Jan 6, 2003
    Ahh yes, sewing, I was doing that unitll about noon today. *grumbles* stupid sewing machine...breaking on ME less than 24 hrs before the show.

Now it's just belt construction time.

23. Spec_Reporter

Spec_Reporter Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    Hiya all,

I'm writing a story for tomorrow's paper and all the hoopla and line-ups prior to the premier. I need to be finished and back at the office by 8 p.m. in order to meet deadline. Any suggestions or tips on where to go?

24. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Adam, Robin and I are going to be at the Silver City in Burlington. I can talk to you out there if you like. I have had a few days to digest everything and
    I have also already seen the movie. Give me a call on my cell. I will be at the theatre betwwen 9:30 and 10pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.