main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any plans for an Inner Rim Roleplayer?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Excellence, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I've noticed the Coruscant and Core Worlds and Geonosis and the Outer Rim. Any plans for a Inner Rimmer?

2. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    I wish. WotC seem to have abandoned the RPG sourcebooks as-of-late, preferring to concentrate on their miniature battles games instead. Thus the cancellation of The Clone Wars Sourcebook, the NJO Sourcebok part 2 and Ultimate Space Stations.

3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Yeah, the RPG has mostly been put on hold. However, we could get more web articles like Byss and the Deep Core. {However, that's really not the best example, because BatDC was written for Polyhedron (IIRC) and was put on the web after the magazine lost its SW content.}

But I would love such a book... [face_love]

4. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    I'd love to see an Inner Rim (not to mention Mid Rim, Colonies, etc.) Territories book. Then again, I'd also like to see a second "Ultimate Alien Anthology," focusing on alien species ignored in the first one. But, as of right now, chances of seeing any of these products seem slim at best.

5. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    I would prefer an Unknown Regions themed one.

6. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    That's actually a very good idea. :)

It could clear up the entire Chiss government screwup and add some info on all of the alien enemies (Nagai, Tofs, Ssi-ruuk, the SQ guys, the Killiks, etc.) that have all come from the Unknown Regions. Come to think of it, it would make a great Galactic Gazetter... [face_thinking]

Of course, if we ever do get a book about the UR, we might have to rename them the Somewhat-known Regions. ;)

7. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    Well, it's been referred to as the Outlands, which sounds rather appropriate.

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I perusing the index of Coruscant and Deep Core Rulebook, I saw a lack of planet variety. Coruscant itself was overly informative, but aside from a lot of Corellian-system worlds, not much else. An Inner Rimmer would be great.

9. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    A Marvel comics sourcebook;)

10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    WotC has put the RPG on indefinate hold, and a friend of mine who works at Napoleon's in Sydney has suggested it's not being printed either.

It wasn't making money for them and I mean, the only RotS stuff they've done has been web updates. The rules need tweaking based on ROTS, and so it'd stand to reason that an updated Core Rule Book would come first but alas, no.

I feel the glory days of SWRPG were before the prequels. :(

E_S

11. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    The Inner Rim? Is there anything really interesting there?

12. LastOneStanding

Nov 19, 2004
    Are there any interesting planets in the Inner Rim?!? By Aleema's Mandalorian Iron garter-belt...yes!

The Hapes Consortium, Antar, Bilbringi, Myrkr, Obroa-skai, Onderon and Dxun, Taanab, Thyferra, and Yag'dhul are several of the locations located in the Inner Rim.

I still think a Mid-Rim Territories supplement would be more welcome though. Such a book could contain such worlds as Ando, Bothawui, Cerea, Chalacta, Falleen, Iridonia, Ithor, Kashyyyk, Malastare, Nal Hutta and Nar Shaddaa, Ord Mantell, Rodia, Toydaria, and Trandosha.

However, since WotC has placed SWRPG products on an hiatus of indefinite length, it seems unlikely we'll see either as official d20 products.

13. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    It would be great to have a Galactic Gazetter on all 62 worlds in the Hapes Cluster. [face_batting]

Also, Hutt Space would make a good Gazetter.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The good news, however, is that there's a Corran Horn mini coming.

Uh? Uh?

E_S

15. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    Well, Corran's a nice enough character, but why him for a gazetter (I would prefer an Imperial themed one, preferrably about the Imperial Advisors)

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Well, mainly because Corran is generic enough to be used in the RPG as a PC...

ES

17. Pelranius

Apr 25, 2003
    Then why not Kir Kanos... he's done loads of more interesting gigs than Corran.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Well, he may very well get his own mini at some point.

But for RPG uses, which is what I was referencing Corran for, a stylised Royal Guard would be useless.

E_S

19. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    An inner rim one sourcebook would be nice.

20. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    There was persistent rumours of a "Kashyyyk and the Inner Rim Worlds" but nothing ever eventuated.

21. LastOneStanding

Nov 19, 2004
    Actually, it would have been Kashyyyk and the Mid Rim Worlds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.