main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any plans for an ultimate box set?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by sith_rising, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Does anyone know if Lucasfilm is planning on putting out a comprehensive set of all the Star Wars music? I remember when the OT box came out in the mid-90's, it was so awesome because of all the previously unreleased music, the cool cover art, the snazzy protective box and the booklet. I would pay big bucks for a 12 disc set with all new art, pamplets, etc.

2. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    No... not really.

3. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Cerrabore, I don't recognise you with an icon!

Yeah, no news has been released yet. I assume they'll throw one out eventually. Maybe to coincide with the 6 DVD release?

GK edit: Not allowed.

4. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    I didn't recognize him for a moment either...nice icon though...

A 12 disc set is hardly necessary, since the OT is already released. Two-disc releases for the PT are obviously desirable, but there's been no real news about them.

ttbk, Into The West

5. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    It might not be necessary, but since when has the George-Lucas-money-making-fund worried about what is necessary and what will get the dollars in?

6. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    Probably not, considering we don't have an ultimate version of the AOTC soundtrack or ROTS.

7. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    I don't think even they would make us buy the OT scores again to get the complete PT scores...

ttbk, They Died With Their Boots On (suite, Charles Gerhardt)

8. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Just how many versions of the films are there now?

The originals, the remastered, the remastered-remastered, the special editions, the special-special editions, the IMAX versions, the (proposed) 3D versions...

It's a wonder that we aren't up to the ultimate-fantabulous-collector's-rerecorded-remastered-bonus-extra-special edition of the soundtrack with hilarious out-takes from the recording sessions and staged blooper reals on the bonus three DVDS.

9. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    The TPM Ultimate Edition was great, but the AOTC and ROTS soundtracks... well, they suck. Not terribly, but compared to the other ones, which have all the music in proper order. It would be a great opportunity to do something special by putting ALL the music together in one huge set, and would probably sell well. Just putting out an AOTC Ultimate Edition right now probably wouldn't do very well, so I don't know if we'll ever see one.

10. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Heh, Ultimate AotC would only make a profit sandwiched between TPM and RotS. Even I would buy the set more out of duty/habit than true desire to hear the complete score.

11. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Personally, I'd love to hear the TPM soundtrack in a different order and with different cue titles, so I'd buy the complete AOTC soundtrack.

12. AwesomeMe

AwesomeMe Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    I was just thinking today that they need to have an Ultimate Edition of RotS. Some of the most fantastic music of the saga is only halfway on the OS, which is disappointing. Heck, throw in Ultimate AotC and I'd be giddy as a schoolgirl.

13. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    I'd seriously buy the ROTS extended CD just to get the full version of Padme's funeral/Vader and Palps looking at Death Star.

14. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    The ROTS CD is awesome, then again it's the only one I have.

I hope they do, that way I can spend $60 on the Six Movie Pack then on the Six CD Pack. :D

I love Star Wars music. [face_love]

15. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    I have the four cd set that came out years ago with the previously unreleased music. This was before "Special Edition" came out in theaters. So, on disk 3 (ROTJ) the ewok celebration song is near the original with all the ewoks singing their celebration song. I even found the words later on.

Personally, there are still bits that I wish would be released, but they haven't been. I'd buy all the 6, or 7 if they throw that special disk in there like they did with the last OT collection. It would be something that I would pay over $100 for...with reservations.

16. PadmeLover1991

PadmeLover1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    i want them to release ultimate editions or at least 2 disc sets for the AOTC and ROTS with all the music on like TPM, because i've got the two disc sets for the other 4 films

17. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I would love to see Ultimate Editions for AOTC and ROTS, especially if they could make the tracked stuff a little easier to listen to, or perhaps have them replaced with the original music. I know it's dreaming, but it'd be great if Williams would actually go back and score the 10 minutes or so per movie that the music was tracked over.

I never understood why Lucas could claim AOTC was the only Star Wars movie that came out exactly the way he wanted if he tracked music through it that badly. I mean, even if he's not a music guru (which he's probably not, but then again, he did seek out Williams), you'd think he'd at least want a 99% new score, and only track filler music or something, not major setpieces.

Hell, I'd be happy if Williams even used the same music as the tracked music, but instead of editing it all together, he tweaked it so that it actually flowed. So we would have heard the music before, but at least it'd be a variation of it, without godawful edits.

18. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001

He said that? That makes me very sad... :(

AOTC is by far the worst flick, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.