main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Any plans on a local FanForce get together?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Master_Matthew_Vess, Jun 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Well we need to make new plans because it is after the 7th...so any suggestions?

2. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    My schedule is about to become really crazy really quick, so I've no idea right now. :D

3. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Well Lady_Lucas, i have the strange feeling that nothing is gonna happen within that group anymore...

4. Banwook

Banwook Jedi Master star 1

May 14, 2002
    any sunday with enough notice is good for me. A week is plenty of notice for me I'm not sure about every one else but I'm off every sunday and I would still love to do this. I think we can have a great fan club all we ned to do is get together and have some socials with each other and some fun. Like I said before anything I can do to help get this going let me know. my e-mails are banwook@fanforce.net and bane@one.net so any one wants to get a hold of me, do so about getting plans together. a few days in the week I'm off but I know most of you have 9-5 jobs Mon-Fri. This should be a lot of fun as soon as we can courdinate it.

5. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I'm the same way as Banwook.

I don't if anyone wants to hear this, but I've been looking my entire existence to find people who love Star Wars as much as I do. And now, just when I may have found it, they all are ready to give up on one of the best things to happen to a Fan: find other fans and to hang out with them and have a blast with new-found friends!

I don't how many of you went through the dark times before the special editions and episodes 1&2, but back then it was rare find another person even remotely into Star Wars. And even then, they gave you that Deer-in-the-headlights look because they didn't know what you were talking about when you mentioned the word WOOKIE in casual conversation.

All I'm saying is we've all got a chance to have an awesome opportunity and we should not take it for granted.

that's my 2 cents. oh wait, that's more like 4 cents...

if anyone wants to, feel free to e-mail me any time...

Exalted_1
    xltd_1@hotmail.com

6. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    True Exalted-1!! Since you and Banwook look like you really want to get our Fanforce going on, I'll try to stick in there too, even if nothing happened with our Fanforce since Celebration 2, wich is really disappointing me...

7. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    It was I who posted the previous post, Lady_Lucas forgot to logoff again!! Grrrrrrrrr

8. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm not giving up yet, and if you guys want to get something going, great. If I have to miss out for a change, I'm not going to be upset. I'm just going to need to get used to working again, after having been off for six months. You know, I gotta get past the newness of things. Give me a couple of weeks to get aquainted with being busy again. I'll be there!

9. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    exalted 1 said it better than any of us could have. i think we NEED to have this cookout. i am willing to have it at my house, and all of you can finally try my potato salad. we need to come together with a date, or else i will set one myself and whoever shows up shows up. i know that i am relatively new to this forum thing, but i have been a huge star wars fan for decades as have you all. i feel that the shroud of the dark side has fallen, but we can change all of this. we must have this cookout. who is with me?

10. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Lady_Lucas and I are in dear Sean_Starrider! We both pretty much work everyday, so the best day would be on Sunday, where we are available from let's say 1pm. NOW CAN SOMEONE RELEASE A DATE FOR THAT COOKOUT WE HAVE BEEN TALIN' ABOUT FOR 2 MONTH??!!??

11. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Does everyone feel good about July 28th?

1. It is a Sunday

2. It'll give me a couple of weeks to be able to get money in the door to help out with the food

3. It'll also be a couple of weeks after I've started working, so I'll be used to the new schedule by then

4. It'll give us a chance to see who is going to bring what!

Sean if you're sure about offering up your backyard, that sounds good to me, but if you'd like, we can figure out a different venue. I did mention the park in Batavia earlier, but I'm open to all kinds of suggestions.

12. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I have discussed it with my parents, and they have given me the clearance on using their backyard as the site for the cookout on sunday july 28. i figure we could each bring something to make it a nice big meal. I would also like to play star wars trivial pursuit or have saber duels or something like that. plus my bootleg copy of episode 2 should be here by then so we could always watch that. let me know what you guys think.

13. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    sounds like the force is with us... :)

The 28th sounds great.

I'll be sure to bring:
    2 electronic lightsabers(for duels)
    Star Wars Trivial Pursuit(trivia tournament?)
    Star Wars Monopoly

If I can afford it, I'll chip in for some food as well...

May the force be with us,

Exalted_1
    xltd_1@hotmail.com

14. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, I am very happy to see that some life has been brought back to the Cincy boards, at last!! :D
    Lady_Lucas and I are ok with the 28th, sounds like a good date for us, i hope it will be the same for everybody else! :)
    Another thing, I'd love to see the boards be as active as they use to be before AOTC's release, so people, do not hesitate to open new topics, and post, again and again!! :D

15. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Well now that we are starting to get positive feedback, everyone who plans on attending the "fanforce cookout" please post your rsvp so i can kinda figure on how many people to prepare for. i am very excited on meeting all of you...i'll probably have those nametags that say "hello my name is..." so we can put faces with our names. may the force be with you all. here's a funny note....my mom said to e-mail the directions to our house instead of post for fear of a sith attack...gotta love mom lol.

16. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Well, you can put Lady_Lucas and Qui-Gon_Ludo on your list :)

17. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Damn, i keep posting under Lady_Lucas!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

18. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    "I'm in too!" -Luke- RotJ

Yes, count me in, and I'll see if I can get our CR to take a break and relax for a while for the event.

Qui-Gon_Ludo is right! It really would be nice to see more life on the Cincy board. We had so much discussion before about stuff, but it all fell off with everyone being busy after AOTC came out.

19. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    What is the adress of the picnic?

please E-mail me the answer so I can get directions on mapquest.

Exalted_1
    xltd_1@hotmail.com

20. Draith_Starborne

Draith_Starborne Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    Sorry, I won't be able to go. But when I'm drunk in the middle of the woods somewhere i'll think about you guys. :) Hope it goes well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.