main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Any RPG games?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Hope, Apr 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Hope

Jedi_Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    theres no minimum. I'm there. [my mom to. ]

2. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    I plan on being there. However I might be a little late, since I work downtown and don't get out of the office until 5:30. But if someone could post or PM me directions to this place I would appreciate it.

3. DarthSain

DarthSain Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2002
    Count Me In. As long as I can get my car moving and not die along the way. Oh and just so I know I've got things strait, thats ravenstone Monday the 22nd at 6pm? right? if not hope to see some posts to corret me before then.

4. NAVYJEDI

NAVYJEDI Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    I'll be there on Monday at six pm. Hope to see some of you there.

5. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    Besides the main rulebook are there any other sourcebooks for the game we should bring?

6. Jedi_Hope

Jan 28, 2002
    we are good at six. If there is no table its not my fault because i've been told we will have one. ravenstone at six. and if anyone has an extra core book they can lend me, i'm waiting for the revised core rulebook, i'd be greatful.

7. Jedi_Hope

Jan 28, 2002
    okay, I'd like to GM tomarrow, i already put together an adventure, if anyone has a problem with this please PM me by around 5:30 mon. or email me at KCougar10@aol.com.

8. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    Just re-iterating that I will be there tonight. But I might be a little late since I'm comming form downtown. Hopefully I will be there before 6:30. Hope this doesn't set people back too badly.

9. NAVYJEDI

NAVYJEDI Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    Sorry gang. I've come down with Strep so I won't be there tonight. I should be good to go for Saturday though so you can fill me in.

I was at Ravenstone on Friday and they remember our group reserving a table, so it should be there.

10. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    Sorry to hear of your illness Navy. Hope you make a quick recovery and we'll see you on Saturday.

11. Jedi_Hope

Jan 28, 2002
    we are on again for mon. at Ravenstone. For anyone who will be joining our group we basicly just did Characters [prequel era] and a run through of a small fight for me because I am a newbie.

12. DarthSain

DarthSain Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2002
    I'll be there tomarrow, can't wait to play, see you all there.

13. Darth_Stevious

Darth_Stevious Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    I haven't played an RPG in about 15 years but am interested in maybe getting in to the SW RPG and playing it with my 10 year old son. I do have a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind answering them.
    First: How expensive is it to start playing? (ie how many different books, dice and such do you need and an aproximate cost)
    Second: I your opinion is it easy enough for a 10 year old to play with a little guidance in the areas of character creation and so on?
    I used to play D&D a bit (it was ET that got me and my friends interested) and an offshoot of Super Heroes Unlimited(I think that was the name) called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness, so I think I kinda remember the basics and would love a chance to play again if my schedule would permit it.
    Thanks,

Steve

14. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    its not that expensive...what I believe are the basics would be:
    1 2-sided die(a coin)
    2 4-sided
    2 8-sided
    2 10-sided
    2 or 3 20 sided
    The Main sourcebook
    Alien anthology
    (If you wait, this may marks the release of the revamped sourcebook, which I have heard includes the alien anthology and the starship sourcebook)

I believe it is pretty easy to learn...of course I am 21, but if you have them play(or even watch) a session, most rules are picked up easily...everything is all in the dice. It also helps if you ask the GM to explain things to the person if they have trouble following.

15. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    Yeah, overall it's not too expensive. And the new d20 system is pretty easy to learn.
    However, I will not be able to make it to the gane today. I ended up going to Cleveland this weekend and will be visiting with some family members who are in town from Calofornia. Hope you have a good turn out though.

16. Jedi_Hope

Jan 28, 2002
    Any one who wants to play or learn please go to ravenstone tonight at six.

17. Jedi_Hope

Jan 28, 2002
    I'm out for tonight. But I have a great idea for next monday.

18. Jedi_Hope

Jan 28, 2002
    If you want to play PLEASE show up!

19. DarthSain

DarthSain Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2002
    OK, Now I haven't been able to show up for the games due to work schedual and the fact that when I called Ravenstone, I was informed that the Starwars game had switched to D&D....
    Now I know there was another game that was SW that quite sometime ago turned D&D, but I'm just confused now.
    Is the Starwars game still going on or has it gone to the jawas? If so Poodoo, I was really looking forward to playing in a game for a change instead of running the two that I currently am. Anyhow, If I could be told what was going on with the game, and how many if any members are in it, I'd be pleased, I could easily change my work schedual so that I could attend, but first I need to know that there will be one, when, and if its worth driving all the way from hilliard for. Thanks

20. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I have a feeling it is going to be a long, boring summer, so I have decided to put together a few rpg campaigns myself. I have one currently put together, which I can alter for us if need be, but it needs to be an ending campaign, or at least one to be played with 4th level characters. If anyone would like to make a few starting campaigns for the fall, I would be more than happy to work with them and give them a break everyonce in awhile in GM'ing. Anyway, I will see you all in the fall for this...less than 24 hours to go to study, study, eat, sleep(maybe), pack, and clean the room for the excursion home for the summer. Hope you all have a great time this summer, and I will see some of you at some of the activities we are planning. Later!
    CJ

21. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    Good luck with your finals and have a safe trip home!

22. Jedi_Hope

Jan 28, 2002
    well nobody showed up three weeks in a row so I stopped going. If anyone wants to play still I'm in. [and if anyone plays the OLD CCG give me a PM]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.