main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any sci-fi conventions coming up?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Lizardmonkey, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    As my LOTR-fan friends dust off their wizard's sleeves and prepare to indulge their taste for all things middle-earthian I was wondering about generic celebrations that might be up and coming.
    Also I wondered what your thoughts were on the best memorabilia shops in Scotland were - favourites in Glasgow being Scotsmann's Models and A1 Comics in Parnie street. What's the action like in Aberdeen?

2. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    Scotsman Models rools.....
    not in price terms, though - its just dead good for getting the new stuff in first.

I had my comics subscription with A1 for a long time - but I cancelled it when they lost a month's worth of 2000ADs and then failed to replace them. Incompetent bawbags.

PS look up 'fantasy' in the aberdeen phone book, and you'll find a list of places where you can spend time with a nice clean sheep.

3. AngelaJade

AngelaJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2003
    Yes, Aberdeen has a fair few 'gentlemens' clubs', but not much on the sci-fi/fantasy front - we have a Plan 9 and a Forbidden Planet, that's about it.

As for conventions, I stopped going to Jedicon 'cos they got crap and are a helluva trail to get to, but I am considering the next SFX Event in June (the last two were a blast). I'll wait and see who else is guesting. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.