Any Star Wars Convention?

Discussion in 'Houston, TX' started by shadesaw, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadesaw Jedi Master

star 4
    Does anyone in the Houston area know if there is big convention coming in the near future?
  2. tk8201 Jedi Padawan

the only one that would really be worth going to is Wizardworld Con. somebody correct if iam wrong on the spelling.

btw, iam one Buck tadlocks bros of the mighty 501st star garrison.

Hello

hey buck, i dont know if its a good idea to talk about your "past" on the boards??

*inside joke*
  3. bebo_lokk Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey man, let it rip! It's all in good fun anyhow.

Buck
    TK-506

I am trying to rally the troops to show at the Houston con on the weekend of July 26.
  4. shadesaw Jedi Master

star 4
    That sounds great. Do you know where in Houston it will be held?

Please keep us informed bebo_lokk.

5. Slowmo Jedi Knight

star 2
    actually wizardcon will be in arlington in November I believe. The only ones we get in houston are the Lone Star Shows.

I think there will be a group of us in ght 501st trying to make a trip to Akon the first weekend in june
  6. tk8201 Jedi Padawan

hey buck i hope your con isnt on the same july day as the one here in Dallas. well, lets see what can be done on the SG mailing list about that.;)

how did this weekend con go????
  7. shadesaw Jedi Master

star 4
    Please tell us when Lone Star has one or anyone else has plans for a convention.
  8. Bladecarver Jedi Knight

star 1
    There's supposed to be one here in H-Town in May. Stryphe should know when.
  9. Crunchy Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Slowmo, check your Private Messages...

:)
  10. StarbuckTx Jedi Padawan

I haven't heard of any Star Wars conventions in Texas being scheduled. As you probably know, Peter Meyhew and a few others have stopped by Houston earlier this year. Billy Dee Williams is supposed to be at the next Sci-Fi Expo in Dallas on July 12-13, 2003.

I know that Lone Star Shows is scheduled to have a local Houston area convention - most likely at the Holiday Inn on I-10 (a better location and much nicer hotel) on July 16-27, 2003. - Buck mentioned that one and is trying to get everyone suited up for it.

Slanted Fedora made a posting on their website of a "tentative" Houston date of September 27, 2003. Don't know if they will come or not - we will have to wait and see. For some bizarre reason, comic and other fan conventions do better than those with big guests.

Creation Entertainment has reduced their 2003 Texas appearances to only 2 shows: one a few months ago, and a June 14-15, 2003 "Sci-Fi Super-Sale" in Plano, Texas. This date was originally supposed to be the "Creation Star Trek/Media Event w/ Kate Mulgrew." But I guess with Kate Mulgrew doing mostly theater now - she is totally out of the market. Creation seems to have dropped the entire Mid, Mid-West for convention guest visits!

There will be some smaller, regional conventions here in Texas in College Station, Richardson, and Plano scheduled for later this year. I can post info on the board if anyone is interested.
  11. shadesaw Jedi Master

star 4
    Please do post any information you get on this thread. Thanks again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.