main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any Star Wars couples going to C3???

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Benae_Quee, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isabella

Isabella Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2005
    Hubs and I are there. ;) Can't wait! We had a great time last time, and we're headed back. :)

2. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    We wanted to get married at the opening of ROTS in a privately rented theater,

LOL...if you can sneak it past your mom, it's a great way to go and can give your wedding an instant theme. Strife and I got married at a local dinner theater and used it for the reception, too. They catered, we could show whatever we wanted on the screen, throw in a few cutouts, posters and let the guests dress in character if they want...oh, and action figure cake toppers, groom in a Vader costume and bestman in a white tux and stormtrooper helmet, and you've got yourself a geeky wedding. ;)

3. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    My wife and I met at work 9 years ago and at the time, she had seen and liked the movies, but wasn't a huge fan. During the past 9 years, she has dressed up as Leia for the Episode One release, got a Queen Amidala tattoo, and we have a 2 year old son named "Jacen".(He cracks up everytime R2 zaps that ewok in ROTJ, that's my boy!!) You could say she is now a fanatic and I'm lovin' it!! :) This will be our third Celebration and we can't wait!!

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I like to think that I'm a commodity... Single SW geek female ;)

5. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    My Wife and I live around 15 miles of where CELEBRATION III will be held and will be attending all four days of STAR WARS CELEBRATION III.

I'm the extreme STAR WARS fan. [face_dancing] :cool: My Wife enjoys STAR WARS, but not to the extreme I do.

Whenever we go to a STAR WARS CELEBRATION and other conventions that include STAR WARS and STAR WARS book signings/talks and STAR WARS signings, my Wife is my photographer and camera person. She films the signings and takes the pictures of me with the STAR WARS people. And when I have a lot of STAR WARS things to carry, she helps me and she also helps stock me up with STAR WARS things.

She's the best! [face_love]

6. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    For BQ (and you other wedding minded folk):

Favors

Cake Topper - My parents did this in secret. We didn't see it til the reception.

7. GsWookie

GsWookie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    So, I'm actually the SO that's being "dragged" to this convention. I think poor G is really excited about it but I just can't bring myself to his level of excitement. I AM excited about taking a trip with him. Just the 2 of us, no distractions. It's going to be great!

I'd like to hear from someone else who's in the same position as me. If there are any out there.

8. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    DarthBreezy, you're not alone! Single SW, role playing, AND computer geek female! I'm considered a 'rare breed'. [face_mischief] :cool:

Then again, the guy that I like knows I exist, but doesn't know what to do about it. [face_plain]
    (who, btw, is also coming to C3 w/the crew!) Eep.

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Just the 2 of us, no distractions

Errrr... You have absolutly NO idea what you're getting into do you? :p

[face_laugh] [face_devil]

10. GsWookie

GsWookie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    "Errrr... You have absolutly NO idea what you're getting into do you?"

Should I be worried?? ;) LOL

11. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    ROFL

"You will be....you will be."

12. PrincessLeah

PrincessLeah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    I'm dragging along the boyfriend...unwillingly at first, but now I think that it'll be okay.

I wanted my first SW Celebration (and first con of any kind) to be by myself, but I've heard that it's fun to share the experience with as many people as possible.

Now I'm happy that he's coming. And hey...I can always ditch the guy. ;)

13. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Me and the wife will be there. You think it's great having a mate that's gotten sucked into it? Having two boys getting sucked into it is even better, if that's possible! My youngest, two years old, walks around the house all day humming the Imperial March that he picked up from the ROTS teaser. Now that's my boy!!!

14. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
  15. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    I wish my Jonny was going. He is the one that really got me into Star Wars. I promised him that I would bring him back one of the exclusive talking Darth Vaders.

I am hoping to meet alot of people though. But I will think of Jonny stuck back in Alberta writing his university exams.... haha.

16. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    My soulmate is as big a geek as i am and we will both be going. We meet on Sw.com and have been dating for over a year now. This is going to be our first con together and i am looking forward to it.

17. jediseanUF

jediseanUF Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2005
    Well my girlfriend is definitely not into it as much as I am...she still likes to give me a hard time about how much I spend on SW stuff. ALl that being said the only reason that we are even going to C3 is that she surprised me with the trip for christmas. Gotta love her ;)`

18. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    Having two boys getting sucked into it is even better, if that's possible!<<<

Our son, who'll be 27 May 4th (but won't be going to CIII, he's unemployed and looking for a job and can't afford it) was into Star Wars and had the figures and all since he was three years old. And we didn't force him into it as my parents never forced me into what I liked, but he ended up into Star Wars and all things SciFi as we do. He's a big Boba Fett fan and was a Maul one too. Still trying to convince him to let me make him an Anakin costume as he does look somewhat like Hayden Christensen. LOL!!
    Pam
    'who's been married to her trooper for 28 years'

19. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Are you the girl in the skit who all those guys had "no idea how to please"?
    No, that wasn't me. That's another member of our FF, she and him were 'dating' at the time. JediSamantha on the boards She'll kill me now that I gave away her name LOL. We've gotten free desert because of that skit

AHHHH!!!! I SWEAR THIS IS GONNA HAUNT ME FOREVER!! IT NEVER ENDS!!!

AHHHH!!

I think i need therepy for this lol.

I think the day i was most upset about being recognized -- was the day my Sensei saw me on TV when i was worked for my karate school and realized i was a geek -- I was like "Uhh no... that wasnt me..."

My boyfriend wont be going to c3 -- but he is a star wars nut like me. I met him through myspace.com -- well i met his best friend Steve.. then I met him. We'll have been dating for 6 months by the time c3 rolls around. One thing i learned about cons, is sometimes its better not to have your boyfriend there with you. Cause then you have to tell Danny Logan no when he invites you to the lucas films party as his date... *grumbles*....

20. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    AHHHH!!!! I SWEAR THIS IS GONNA HAUNT ME FOREVER!! IT NEVER ENDS!!!

That's you? AWESOME!!!!! I love that skit! :p

21. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    My husband and I are going, and yup, we met through Star Wars. :D We didn't go to C2 because we were hard-core spoiler-free (among other reasons), but this time we decided it was more important to experience C3.

PS-- here's our wedding cake:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/jainamsolo/wedding/cake6.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/jainamsolo/wedding/cake1.jpg]

22. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    Loved the cake, jaina.
    Hey, my husband, Bill and I going to see Robots for our wedding anniversary next weekend. We will be married 28 years on March 12th. Got him some Clone wars actiona figures, mostly clone troopers for my gift to him. LOL
    JMD

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm hoping to get engaged at C3. What more romantic place?? My guy isn't as big a nerd as I am, but we manage :)

24. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Oooh, Dajuan, that would be so incredibly sweet!

25. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I'm hoping to get engaged at C3. What more romantic place?? My guy isn't as big a nerd as I am, but we manage

He IS, just not a SW nerd. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.