main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any Star Wars fans in Chiba-Ken?

Discussion in 'Archive: Japan' started by nerfherder78, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nerfherder78

nerfherder78 Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002
    I am moving there from the U.S. in 2 weeks. Is anyone else upset that we will have to wait almost 2 months for the debut of ROTS? Please share the pain with me.

2. Malikus

Malikus Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    I live just outside of Chiba City. been here for 7 months. I was nearly heartbroken when I discovered the release date. Where you movin to in Chiba-ken?

3. nerfherder78

nerfherder78 Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002
    I'm moving to Funabashi. From what I saw on a map, it appears to be right between Tokyo and Chiba. Does that sound about right? Definitely looking forward to heading over there.

4. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    To nerfherder78 & Malikus,

I know your pain. I lived in northern Honshuu from 1997 to 2000 teaching English through the JET Program. Thus, I was in Japan when Episode I: The Phantom Menace was released. I, too, had to wait like a month & a half to 2 months or something like that LONGER than my friends back home in the U.S. had to. It was brutal to have to wait that much longer. I DID enjoy my own version of "Midnight Madness" with the toys, though. My small, country-side "hometown" in Japan had a few toy shops & they even allowed me to reserve a few figures from the initial Episode I wave. I got my Darth Maul figure on the very first day! Tracking down the 4 different Battle Droids (shot, sliced, clean & dirty!) was a little tricky but I managed it!!!!!! Those Japanese toy shop clerks were very kind.

Anyway, best of luck with the extra wait. I made up for it by getting reviews (spoiler free) from my good friends just to get an idea of how they liked (or didn't like) it. You can probably guess that I got wind of the anti-Jar Jar sentiment even that early on. Another way to make up for it is to try to get to at least one toy fair there that is likely to showcase Hasbro/Kenner's lineup. Even if you're NOT a toy collector, the Force is strong with them. Ha, ha, ha.

May the Force be with you.

Jay Tee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.