main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Any Star Wars Fans in Mississauga?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Davin_Leikvold, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davin_Leikvold

Davin_Leikvold Jedi Master star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    Has anyone in Mississauga tried to start a Star Wars Club? How come I can't find any to join? [face_worried]

I'm thinking of creating my own but have no clue where to start!

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Best bet is to hang around the Toronto forum.

Despite the name, there are people from Mississauga there, and *gasp* even Brampton!!

3. Davin_Leikvold

Dec 4, 2004
    I am new to the forums.

Tell me Woofer, what sort of things can you do to earn a "title"?

4. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I'm in Milton... and hang with the Toronto and Niagra groups... though not too much is happening in Toronto... it gets better...

5. Davin_Leikvold

Dec 4, 2004
    You been to the Star Wars Convention at the Toronto Convention Centre, Grey Starr? You know when the next convention will be held or where I can find out?

6. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    You mean Toronto Trek?... I sure was there!... Toronto Trek 19 will be July 15-17, 2005 at the DoubleTree International Plaza Hotel. http://www.tcon.icomm.ca/tt19/ ...

I've slipped into a bunch of photo's online from TTrek 18... but, it's hard to see it's me unless you know what to look for... but here's some... http://www.501st.ca/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=97 ... I'm one of the Stormtroopers with the white pauldron...

7. Davin_Leikvold

Dec 4, 2004
    Hmm... Your The Storm Trooper Next to the one on the far right, correct? Sounds awesome!
    But knowing my folks, It's probably out of the question. (Just can't wait till I can Drive!)
    If I am going on a outting of this magnitude, the whole family is likely to go... so...

Besides, I try not to deal too much with the empire ;)
    (I Heard They Set for Stun, Even when dealing with local citizens!)

8. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Davin, welcome to the boards !!! there is also a Halton general forum inbetween Toronto and Niagara. In regards to your question about earning a title Davin titles are for CRs City Reps ( current or former). There is also a leadership committee in Toronto and like the CR they are voted in by the members of the particular chapter. The CR or leadership committee members can also make a request to myself to have titles given to particular members for roles that they perform within the group, ie Public Relations officer, C3 planning Co-ordinator etc. Please feel free to contact me if you would like additional information :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.