main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any Star Wars gamers in the area?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Wildstar02301, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Hi

Was just wondering if there were any Star Wars fans in the area who enjoy Star Wars games in general and PC games in particular. Especially interested in anyone who still plays anything in the X-Wing series.

Hope to hear from you soon. :)

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm into Jedi Academy right now. I've already beat the game playing through both scenarios but now I'm playing at a higher difficulty level.

3. -Raldayen-

-Raldayen- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    Well I own X-wing, Tie Fighter and X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter but right now I'm short a computer. I should be getting one soon. Those are my favorite computer games.

4. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Raldayen

I hope you get your computer soon. It should be able to play X-Wing Alliance, which I see that you do not have. I am active in the X-Wing community and almost everyone I've talked to that has played XWA loves it. If you do get it, I recommend going to XWA Upgrade to get the higher resolution models.Darksaber's Ultimate Craft Pack is a worthwhile add-on as well.

5. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Well, I don't have any of the XW games (gasp!) but it's mainly b/c I didn't have a PC when they came out. I usually pick up every and any SW game that comes along on the PC.
    I was playing Galaxies for about a year but it just stopped being fun for me.
    I love the Jedi Knight series and can't wait for KOTOR 2 and Battlegrounds to come out!

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm looking forward to SW Battlegrounds and most of all, Republic Commando. This was mentioned before in another gaming thread, so I'll say it again to serve as a reminder. We'll have to start up a BR team once RC comes out in '05. Maybe we can spread the word and even try to get a little tournament going within the FanForce!

7. -Raldayen-

Sep 27, 2003
    When X-Wing Alliance came out I playing EverQuest like 6 or 7 hours a day. On the weekends I was playing more. I really didn't have time or money to buy any new games. I checked out that site and it looks good. I'll probably pick it up after I get a computer. Which should be soon. (Knock on wood.)

8. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm a complete gaming junkie. Jedi Academy and KOTOR are my current obsessions. But then again I'm just counting down the days until Battlefront! :)

I also play EverQuest and AVP 2...LOL

9. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I also enjoy playing the SW video games, only I do all my current gaming on a PS2. I tried the whoe PC thing but just wasn't into it. I think because I spend so much time sitting at my computer to work, I can't "relax" there as well. The PS2 works well because after I put my son to bed for the night I can just plop down on the couch and throw in SW: Jedi Starfighter or whatever until the wife gets home from work.

10. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    If I ever catch up with the times when it comes to video games, I do plan on attempting to play all the Star Wars games I can find. The only gaming system I have with me at school is my beloved SNES. :D

At Comic-Con I saw amazing previews for all the games coming out, and it really made me wish I played. :(

11. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Republic Commando will own you all!!!

This was mentioned before in another gaming thread, so I'll say it again to serve as a reminder. We'll have to start up a BR team once RC comes out in '05.

That was me :D . Once the game launches I wanna get a gaming clan together. Maybe a tourney of sort could be arranged ;)

12. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
  13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I've got the "Starfighter" and "Jedi Starfighter" games that came out for PS2 a couple of years ago, but I've noticed that if I play them for too long I get a pretty bad case of motion sickness. [face_shhh] Needless to say, I don't play them too often.

My all-time favorite console games were the "Super" series that came out for Super Nintendo. I bought a SNES solely for those games (and Mario Bros.) when they first came out.

14. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Ooo, a SNES fan. That's the only gaming system I own! Hehe. I think I have a Star Wars game somewhere, but I pretty much only play all the Mario games, and occasionally Act Raiser.

15. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Yep that was why I bought an SNES back in the day. Still have the games, sold the system last year at a yard sale. Still have ny NES & SW games too :)
    (And Zombies Ate My Neighbors rulez!)
    The Atari 2600 games were some of my favorites, esp Jedi Arena and ESB. For you young'ins out there, the Atari system came along in the mid-70s. Awesome article here.
    And just to give you guys a good laugh, this was cutting edge back then!
    "It was based around the 6507 micro-processor, had 4k of ROM max and 128 bytes of RAM to keep track of scores etc. It had three sound channels that it put out in glorious mono. Its CPU clock speed was 1.19 MHz (the same units as in "an Athlon 1333 runs at 1333 MHz"). "

16. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    FYI for those grabbing the Republic Commando demo.
    You need a video card that does pixel shading to play it.
    And I ain't got one :_|

17. -Raldayen-

Sep 27, 2003
    I'm a gaming nut. I still have all the systems I've ever bought. NES, SNES, N64, Game Cube, Sega Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, and Xbox. I have played and beaten most of the SW games out there. I even played that god awful MMORPG Star Wars:Galaxies. Hey Dex I remember ESB for the Atari. Flying around in a snowspeeder trying to take out AT-At's. Every once in a while you would get the force and couldn't be killed. That game drove me up a wall. I could never get to the other side.

18. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I don't know if anyone else had heard yet, but the company that puts out those "plug and play" video games that you can find in toy departments will be releasing a SW based one sometime between now and May. It's a PS2-looking joystick in the shape of Vader's helmet and has 5 self-contained games on it. 2 original saga games and 3 E3-based games. If it's anything like the other ones out there, it will probably run about $24.95.

19. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    There was no end! It just wrapped around to the front again :)
    There's some pics of the Plug N Play device here. Scroll past the article to find pics. This will definately be one of the few things I'll be picking up.

20. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    i liked the Jedi Knights series... but other than that i don't think Lucasart games are as technically good as say... far cry, hl2, or d3. in fact, they even used the Quake3 engine... but that's neither here nor there. i haven't bought a Star Wars game in the longest time.

21. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I got the new Lego game and it's great! And I bet it'd be even cooler if it was being played co-op. I've finished the Ep1 part, but still have to go back and get all the extra things you can only get after unlocking certain characters.
    You go to Dexter's Diner in between levels and all the characters you've unlocked walk around. Bu tlook out if there are bad guys & good guys, they'll fight! :)

22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Sounds cool! I might have to pick it up for my GBA before heading off to C3. It'll give me a something to pass the time while sitting in the airport and during the flight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.