main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Any Suggestions ?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by JediLeia21, Feb 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLeia21

JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    So is there anyone suggestions as to what topic we are discussing for the next meet , will it an official meet for discussing club matters or just a nice casual get together like we always do

As for dates , i'm free from the next weekend

2. JediLeia21

Dec 7, 2000
    I thought i would change my signature to name that was given to me at the last meet :D

3. Pinback

Pinback Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, SithMagician plans to host an informal bash at his place this Saturday, no agenda that I'm aware of, just a good time; which seems like a brilliant strategy for holding meets, actually: have a club business-oriented meet, then follow it up with a straight-out party!

Sadly, I must add that although I would be happy to host another bash, the Public Relations Department has exhausted its alloted funds for this month.

4. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    you're not angling for a raise in the PR budget are you??

5. JediLeia21

Dec 7, 2000
    typical we elect him PR guy and he blows the budget already hehehe :)

6. Pinback

Nov 30, 2000
    Regarding my handling of the PR budget, I think it's more important how I apply the money than to worry about the expenditures themselves!

In other words, head up your own department, then you can mouth off! *g*

Besides, the next time we have a party or meet here, it's gonna be HUGE!!! I'll make it up to ya kids, don't worry your pretty little heads about it!

*lights up a $10 cigar with a $100 bill*

Ahhhh....

7. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Next time we have one at our place it will be a lot more organised anyway.

8. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Yep, noticed we get sidetracked easily.

9. JediLeia21

Dec 7, 2000
    yes lewd sms being sent around the room at the last meet :)

10. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Hey, some diversions are required ;)

11. Pinback

Nov 30, 2000
    If I may, I'd like to make another suggestion:

Schedule the content of meets; it's simply the way a professional organization comports itself.

Allot a certain limited amount of time for each phase of each meet. Don't wind up an egg timer or anything like that, just keep track of time; say, 20-30 minutes after the bulk of the group arrives for refreshments, dinner or just chit-chat. Then, if everybody expected is present, proceed with the meet's main business; if everybody is not present, proceed anyway. For main business, 60-90 minutes should be more than sufficient, it's should be indulgent and allow room for meaningful Q&A. After that, if you have entertainment lined up, let it begin! After that, do what you like.

I've picked up helpful hints like this from the various party-plan companies and doorknocking concerns I've encountered in my travels here. I know that may sound fairly restrictive and pedantic to you guys, but for one thing, nobody has more fun than us, even when the works getting done, and for another, it just really works! It makes planning a meet so much easier, and keeps things from dragging or getting ridiculously side-tracked, as we tend to do.

As for parties, the formula for success is essentially the same, except that the planning is more toward meals and entertainment, everything else should be allowed to flow. From previous experience, a resolutely defined start time is a must, otherwise your party lasts 6 hours, with one person showing up per hour, an increasingly intimate event, if you'll pardon the expression.

12. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'd been thinking along those lines. The things we came up with in 2 hours at the last meeting probably could have been discussed in 20 minutes. Having the kids distracting Susie & I certainly didn't help but an agenda would have kept the discussion a lot more focused.

13. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Us focused? nah! [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.