main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any SW fans in Yorkshire, especially the Leeds/Bradford area?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by JamesW, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesW

JamesW Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2005
    I'm a journalist working for The West Riding Post, a local newspaper in the Leeds/Bradford area. I'm currently putting together a small article next Thursday's edition and would like to hear reactions to The Revenge of the Sith from local fans.

If you have time, please answer the questions below in this thread, or e-mail them to me a wilko_3000@yahoo.com

I'm interested in hearing as wide a range of opinions as possible, so whether you prefer the original movies to the new trilogy, or vice versa, or love them all equally, please reply!

Please let me know your full name, age and location (as exact as possible; are you from Chapeltown, Horsforth, Middleton etc?).

Questions:
    --How old were you when you saw your first Star Wars movie, and what effect did it have on you?
    --What was your reaction to the announcement of The Phantom Menace all those years ago, and did it live up to your expectations?
    --What are your feelings on the new trilogy compared to the original three movies?
    --How high are your expectations for The Revenge of the Sith? What aspects of the movie have made you particularly excited/upset?
    --Are you planning to do anything particularly interesting for the premiere, such as watching the previous six movies to whet your appetite, or have a party before/after the screening? Do you expect to have to camp outside the cinema to avoid massive queues?
    -And just out of interest, what's your favourite Star Wars movie (expecting ESB to win this one, as usual).

Thanks for your time.

2. JamesW

JamesW Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2005
    Anyone? :(

3. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    I really don't know anyone who fits that criteria on here unless they're lurkers or real newbies. The majority of the FF-UK are from the South... sorry.

4. darren

darren Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2000
    We are in Lincoln....

5. darthshanuk

darthshanuk Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    huddersfield

6. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm a Manc :(

7. Ashen31

Ashen31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    Wakefield lol. Late I know ;)

8. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I kinda like the way that in his first paragraph he talks about fans reaction to ROTS, yet the post is dated May 7th, nearly 2 weeks before the release. Hard to have a reaction at that point, isn't it?

9. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Uh

Well spotted J

I feel rather silly now [face_blush] [face_frustrated] :mad:

That'll teach me to read things

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.