main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any SW related events happening next week?

Discussion in 'Archive: Las Vegas, NV' started by Jedi_Outcast77, Aug 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm from the Boston area and will be in Vegas from the 11th to the 13th. I was wondering if there are any Star Wars related events or things to do happening that week? I read the post from a few months ago and was wondering if anyone could add to that.

2. Bleyd

Bleyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    This weekend a few of us are going to Quark's in Jedi garb. Last weekend we had dinner with Peter Mayhew. EM me at tk002@neoncitygarrison.com
    We're doing alot of stuff and it'll give me time to check our calender. BTW, October 31st thru November 2nd is the first ever comic-con here in Vegas. Check the post regarding that. Hope we can meet. MTFBWya

Tim Anadon TK-002
    Neon City Garrison CO

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    What is Quark's?

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Is the FAO Shwartz still open? I've seen a few posts saying that they were clearance pricing a lot of stuff. Just want to make sure they're still there before I get too excited.

5. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    FAO is here to stay for now. As for Quark's it is the bar at the Star Trek Experience. Really fun place to visit and if you 've never gone on the ride you will enjoy it. It's a motion ride like star tours but a whole lot more. When boarding the ride you also get to see a part of the U.S.S.Enterprise that is on the blueprints but never seen on any of the shows or movies. Definately a must do for sci-fans.

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Thanks for the offer Bleyd, but I won't be getting there until Monday evening. Thanks for the tip on FAO Schwartz and the Star Trek experience, I'll definately have to check them out.

7. xipetotec6

xipetotec6 Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    Nothing that I;m aware of.

8. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Last week I saw on Fox 5 that the SW slot machine was unveiled along with other show themed slots like Giligan's Island, Laverne and Shirley... saw some costumed Stormies and a Vader but not sure if they were our local 501 guys. The SW machine looks pretty slick. The Gaming Con was closed to the public btw...

9. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    Yes, it was us you saw there on the news. We got a call from Lucasfilm for some stormtroopers. The machine itself will not be released until next year.
    On the same topic we also did an appearance that same week for Tsunami's coin-op version of Jedi-starfighter I believe?

MAN! We need to get you guys some armor. LFL has been calling us alot and have been wanting just troopers. It's a bit of a bummer for our rebel Legion as there are quite a few Jedi and rebels with some very nice costumes. my EM addy is anadon@lvcm.com

We're also looking at doing ALOT of stuff with Opportunity Village very very soon.
    Toys for Tots is another project we're working on.

Tim

10. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Has the new Star Trek Experiance opened, or is it still the old one? I've seen billboards for the Borg Invasion in 4D, but i didn't see if it was ready yet.

11. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    Last I heard it isn't open but should be VERY soon. Sounds like a cool new addition down there. We haven't trooped it in awhile. Last time we went there as Jedi with a group back in August.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.