main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any talk of a CIV or is this it as far as Celebrations?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Rebel_Loyaltist, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buzz57

buzz57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    We got to have it where you can park with no problems.

2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    While D.C. would be cool during the 4th, everything would be hell. Just imagine how many people go to D.C. for Memorial Day and the 4th of July? Thats the two busiest weekends of the year for them, add an extra 30k SW fans and it'd be even more hellish.

3. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I hope it's somewhere further east. It was a lot of fun and worth it, but it was really a long drive and I'm not eager to ride in a car so long again anytime soon. I may feel differently in a few years who knows.... (FYI I don't fly due to a severe fear of flying and yes I have tried to do things about it, with no success :( )

4. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    St. Louis! HA!!! KC's the only city in MO worthy of hosting it ;) (sorry all you great St. Louis folks, but search your feelings, you know it to be true)

5. Jango11

Jango11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2004
    I think it would be great, if they could have 2-3 celebrations in a year(West, Midwest, and East).

P.S. I'm from St Louis and there is nothing wrong with it, we have a nice convention center. We handled the final 4 with no prob:)

6. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    I'll definetely be there, despite some of the organizational problems... as long as there are Star Wars fans to meet and conventions to continue, I'll go... no matter where it is... as long as its legal to travel there.

7. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Hello, geographically central or not, Las Vegas IS the convention capital of the United States!

I do agree that the term CELEBRATION should not be used. The three C's were in celebration of the release of the new movies and finally tieing them all together. I did like calling them Celebration instead of the old Convention, however something more clever for the 30th anniversary would be more appropriate.

8. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I think having them spaced out and in only one place each time is a good thing for three reasons.

1) People from all over the world would all attend the same one, so you really get that world community feeling.

2) Spacing them out every 3 years gives us more time to save up for the traveling and merchandise, while paying homage to the production cycle of a SW film production.

3) If it was every year, it would be like any other convention. Spacing it out makes it more special.

9. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    As cool as it would be to have it in Las Vegas, there's too many other things to do and spend your money on...they don't want you hitting the craps tables with your collectible dollars.

10. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    Yeh there is plenty to do here in LV, Lets face it as long as it is in the contiguous united states I will be there. I do hope that GenCon has gone belly up, bankrupt, or Enron so that they have nothing to do with it!

11. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    they don't want you hitting the craps tables with your collectible dollars.
    Well if it is in Vegas in '07, then I'll be legal for all of the pleasure Vegas affords... :D

12. Bruno_Fett

Mar 31, 2002
    actually its more like "the pleasures that you can afford"

13. Aaron2010

Aaron2010 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2005
    It will be in INDY again. Why do you think they had it 2 times in a row. Rule #1, if it ain't broke. Don't fix it.

14. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    Yeh there is plenty to do here in LV, Lets face it as long as it is in the contiguous united states I will be there. I do hope that GenCon has gone belly up, bankrupt, or Enron so that they have nothing to do with it!

Aside from the store, the event went quite well, so I can't imagine Gen Con getting "fired" from the role as host.

As long as Gen Con remain the organizers, then it will be in Indy, as Indy is the permanent home of Gen Con itself (though there are other Gen Cons-- Indy will always be the "main" one).

The only way that it will not be in Indy next time is if the date falls during the convention center expansion/renovation project that will be, if the political wrangling is ever settles, starting within the next year. If construction starts by 2006, I wouldn't expect it to be finished until 2008, meaning a 2007 convention would probably have to be held elsewhere.

15. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    i thought indy did a terrific job of welcoming us

16. MrRebel360

MrRebel360 Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    Well as Fox Channel news said the morning after the CIII ended on Sunday having C4 here at Indy would not be a problem because they would only be extending the Convention Center, not restructuring the part already there. So in 2007 having the C4 here could still work out because all the space would still be available. And of course whatever parts they added onto the convention center by 2007 could be used too. More space for more Star Wars fans!

Also, I am from Indy so having it only a few miles away from me....GREAT IDEA!!

17. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    A friend of mine said he talked with someone from Lucasfilm during C3 who mentioned that C4 would be held in either Las Vegas or San Diego in 2007. Don't know how accurate that info is.

18. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    GenCon has a contract with Indy thru 2008 I believe, and while they made some noise a few months back about the convention center being too small, it was more in support of the town passing legislation to demolish the current dome, make a new one & expand the convention center than anything else. C3 is it's own event, so it's not locked to any given city.

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I was more than satisfied with Indy's convention center and downtown area. I wouldn't mind coming back for CIV.

20. sithlard

sithlard Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2004
    I also heard Warwick Davis say "See you at Celebration IV!" I really hope there will be one. It can never be as great and big as this one was, but it would still be cool. There will probably always be autographs I'll want to get, and new things I'd want to see. I personally hope it'll be in Indianapolis again, since I love the town and it's only 4 hours away from Lansing, MI where I live. And it was just so easy to drive around in and find everything. But I'd be willing to drive a good 10 hours to get to the next celebration. Does St. Louis have a convention center?

I think they can get one ready by the time the live action TV series comes around. Steve Sansweet said it took only a year to plan CIII, so I think it can be done better if they start planning soon over the course of a couple years.

21. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Although I didn't like the way some things were handled at C3 by GenCon, I thought the center itself and the city of Indianapolis were tremendous hosts for us.

The center is expansive and has a wide variety of rooms for different shows. And Indy itself is so clean with so much fun things to see and do, I have really enjoyed my time in the city. If there is a C IV, I really hope it's in Indianapolis.

22. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I would like to see CIV, somewhere with better weather. I don't think, they will ever improve the queuing system. If they are going to let us queue for hours outside, better somewhere warm than cold, windy and snowy.

23. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Indy seemed an ok place, very welcoming but no matter where it is you can bet your house that myself and other FFUKers will be there. I think the 30th Anniv. would be perfect.

24. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Well, I hope they don't have it in San Diego, why have it on the west coast, making it so much more difficult for us East Coasters to attend?

But on the up side if they did have it in San Diego, I have family around there I could stay with or at least visit. Much better than to have it in LA, but I think it probably won't be held there, too far away from everything. Except the Mexican border. :p

25. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    I live in Ottawa, Ontario Canada, so I know for a fact that a Star Wars show of any kind would never show it's face up here in the Great White North. Ottawa unfortunatly, doesn't have anything compairable in size to the ICC. Not even Toronto could hold such an event :( :_| Of course, Toronto can't hold a Stanley Cup parade either ;)

I wouldn't mind the 13 hour drive back to Indy for another Star Wars show. I call it that because there will be no more "celebrations". But having it somewhere warm, and in a bigger building wouldn't hurt either!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.