main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any talk of a CIV or is this it as far as Celebrations?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Rebel_Loyaltist, Apr 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollywood_randy

hollywood_randy LFL Artist VIP

Mar 23, 2005
    My conections at lucas, have told me...
    1. Gen Con will not be running C4. those bridges are all but officially burned. Lots of stuff you guys don't know about, that I cannnot comment on any further.

2. Being Central has very little reguard, if any, on where Celebration is. Most of it has to do with the cheapest convention center. Cities put bids in to hold the convention. After the success' of C2 and C3, and money brought in to Indy lots of cities are bidding for the next one. So it could literally be anywhere.

3. San Diego has been mentioned, as well as Las Vegas. Hoestly, all you east coasters should hope for Vegas. It's the cheapest to fly in to, no shortage of hotels, cheap hotels, cheap food, and an endless supply of places to party. Oh and its warm in April.

4. If it were Vegas, they would make more money off the families who would come, rather than the money lost on gambling.

2. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Who else can they contract to run an event like CIV? if not GenCon.

3. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

ANYONE else. Maybe Wizards of the Coast like C2

4. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Why Demolish the Dome? We should use the Dome for C4 big opening ceremonies, entertainemnts.

5. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    the Colts want a bigger dome, and it is thier dome.

6. TheDarthVader

Mar 22, 2005
    Wizards run/manage conventions, i never knew that.

7. Cor-AlGelkar

Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    It won't be San Diego since they already have Comic Con. Vegas is a possibility but I hope not. Too much traffic already. They should look into other sites like Detroit and rent out Fird Field or something. Or Cleveland or Columbus. There is no where with decent parking, I hate to say

8. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Have it in Denver. We have a new state of the art CC.

9. DarthLexsidous

DarthLexsidous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2004
    I agree with you K3po, with Celebration I we had freakesh weather and they held it in some jacked up old hanger. They werent prepared for the huge fan base. The new CC is bigger the Indi, and I know Indi was a good locations for the last two but it is far to cold to host, plus they are planning on finishing there new CC until 2008, one year to late. And for the sake of safety dont hold it in Detroit or Chicago. The perfect place in Las Vegas or Denver. San Diego or San Francisco also are good locations, but please no where on the East coast.

10. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Why not the east coast? As far as I can tell, San Diego is far out on the southwest coast. If anything, I suggest the Greater Richmond Convention Center (Virginia), it's more than twice the size of the Indianapolis Convention Center. Only downside is, Richmond isn't that clean, and from what I know, doesn't have a whole lot of stuff to do.

11. JediFalcon25

JediFalcon25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    C3 in Indianapolis was very kool, just think of the location, we had everything there, hotels,mall,restaurants,clubs,stores,etc.Im from the Chicago area, we have a huge convention center called McCormick Place, thats where they hold all the major conventions like World of Wheels,Autoshow etc.Its two huge fascilities combined in one. Nearby theres Soldier Field,Adler Planetarium,Field Museum,Grant Park, Millenium Park, and there building a concert fascility, and this is located with the view of Lake Michigan, and theres tons of hotels, restaurants, clubs, stores u name it.Chicago is in the center to the US, and we have 2 airports. But wherever they hold C4, im there!!

12. DarthLexsidous

DarthLexsidous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2004
    I think that it should be on the west coast this time. Especially with ILM being in San Francisco. I still think that it should be held in San Diego. Anywhere in the east the weather is to unpredictable. Or return the Celebration to its birthplace.

13. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    DarthLexsidious, more people live on the east side of the Mississippi river.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.