main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any Tydirium update?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiWanSpicoli, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWanSpicoli

ObiWanSpicoli Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2001
    Hey,

I remember one of the makers of the fanfilm Tydirium said that they expected the film to be ready by Fall 2002, but they haven't updated their website in months. Anybody happen to know the current status of this film?

2. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Well, the last trailer specified the film was taking a little longer than expected.. I presume it's still in post-production, that can take a while, especially with a film with visual effects of that magnitude.

3. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    They probably forgot to calculate for the rendering times. That fanfilm looks like it has some sick CG with a ton of details so I imagine they *pooped* bricks when they realized how long it would take to render.

4. One-with-the-Force

One-with-the-Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    I didn't know Tydirium was still gonna come out...

5. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    They just finished their pyro shooting from what I hear and are ready to fully go into the post-production phase

6. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Dude, that must news must be EXTREMEMLY old since there are pyro effects in the 2nd trailor. I am going to venture to guess they have been in full swing post for quite a Long time.

7. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    this was the latest update i heard for jarjarthomas(the effects artist)

there is a release date, it's called

when the animations are cinemaquality
    the sound is completed
    the bigbattle with 10000000 stormtroopers is shooted (well ok that's a joke)
    so ... i would say

when it's ready.

We have no definitve date, because we so much work without the movie, that we can't tell when we can make this or that.

we think xmas or februar

8. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    "so I imagine they *pooped* bricks when they realized how long it would take to render"

[face_laugh]LOL!!! [face_laugh]

Sorry, just had a really funny picture....

Actually, it was kinda sick.

9. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    no actually that news is pretty recent, I talk to thomas all the time ;)

He told me this yesterday, so if it is old news, then there isn't much going on with the production at this point.

They'll get done, don't worry

10. JarJarThomas

JarJarThomas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    well .. if everyone asks, i think i should answer. we had the final shooting the last three weekends. We needed more footage because we had more ideas we wanted to realize. Tydirium is growing and so we needed more battle scenes (thanks to the trooper from german garrison), had a shooting at an imperial stardestroyer runway and in an rebel hangar.

Now we're cleaning our props and store them away. In three weeks the roughcut will be advanced with the new footage (the avid system isn't available currently). After that we will work on compositing the scenes (laserblasts, and so on). The other people are finalizing the animations and do the lighting stuff.

So we're working on it. But we are only 2.5 people working, so it needs his time.
    The problem isn't the rendertime, we have enough renderpower. Our problem is the manpower.

Hope that is enough for information. It's planned to release more informations in near future on tydirium.tv

11. MasterZap

MasterZap Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    Well you guys can always always watch 'Kid Wars' while waiting for Tyderium :)

*giggle*

Seriously, if the trailers are anything to go by, Tyderium will rock AND roll.

/Z

12. HTS_HetH

HTS_HetH Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Good to hear that Tyderium is still in heavy production, I´m from Germany too and you guys do an incredible job there! I´m nearly done with my first SW fan film and I know how much work it is. And our movie isn´t by far as complex regarding special effects and CGI as yours. So Kudos to you!

Keep up the great work and all the luck to you for the release of your movie!

13. alphacentauri

alphacentauri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    If I see the trailer, Tydirum will be a move above BA!
    Maybee a good idea to get vote on the best "big fan film".

14. El-Elyon

El-Elyon Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    Is there really any idea when it will be realeased? coz its,like gonna be so cool and all, an well yeah i would like to see it before xmas.
    PS is there any idea on the lentgh of this fan-film?

15. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Not to be rude, but since Tydirium2002 has provided a Tydirium update in this thread, let's migrate over there to continue this discussion. Two threads are not better than one. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.