Any Word from Marcus on Advanced Tickets?

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by D-Man, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-Man Jedi Padawan

I'm *very* ready to go to the Midnight show at the Ultrascreen in Brookfield. Has anyone heard anything from Marcus on when tickets might go on sale? Reports from other parts of the country are saying May 3, but I haven't heard anything from Marcus yet.
  2. cruznseal2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    i did some calling around yesterday and nobody gave me any clear word on when tickets would be going on sale.
  3. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    TFN said the major RUMOR is May 3rd.
  4. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    I wouldn't put much stock into the May 3rd thing. Lucas/fox originally said "about" two weeks before the opening. Some theatre owners took that to mean "on" May 3rd - that's where the rumors are coming from.

If they did go on sale on the third you would see a TON of ANGRY people at C2 - I don't think Lucas would stoop THAT low.

BTW - I will also be going to the midnight ultrascreen showing. Yes - I know - there were rumors of no midnight showing, but since there are midnight showings abroad I doubt they will try to stop it here.
  5. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    At GenCon, we were there for the Sansweet presentation and he and the rest of the crew from LucasArts made it very clear that everything was rumor unless it was posted on starwars.com. They said no pre-sell for Phantom Menace and I've heard no pre-sell for AOTC. And as for Lucas not releasing the tickets during C2, sometimes I'm not so sure that Lucas has any idea about what the fans are doing or not doing. I would think however, that just in terms of logistics that would be a downright horrible weekend to do pre-sells for tickets. That's the weekend Spiderman Opens (YEAY SPIDERMAN!)and for theaters to have huge *ss lines for that movie as well as tickets for AOTC that would be a pure nightmare. I'm sure that when Marcus knows something, we'll know something. And if Lucas does sell tickets that weekend, I'm so going to start his little action figure on fire in protest, a pathetic protest but a protest nonetheless (though really, if I purchased a figure /of/ lucas and burned it well..I'm sure you get the irony).

Marcy:)
  6. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There were midnight screenings of Fellowship of the Ring in other areas of the country too, but that didn't help us here.
  7. Mace_Master Jedi Knight

My guess (and admittedly it is a guess) is that the announcement will come at C2 of when they will be putting tickets on sale, and it will probably be May 9 (1 week before release, just like TPM).

It would seem really weird and poor marketing (since long lines make good headlines) to sell tickets when most of the people who would stand in line to get advanced tickets will be occupied at C2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.