main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any word on this model?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Crunchy, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I know this is an old model started way back, but has someone made this for SOTS?

[image=http://www.theforce.net/scifi3d/starwars/wip/deathstar1_2/dsEquator.jpg]

2. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    wow that'll be cool if someone has it?

3. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Either this or a nice image that was made with this model caused me to investigate it long long time ago. I came to find this model eventually but it was in Truespace format, impossible to convert, and not that good or worth messing with. AND that was like 3 or so years ago. Now after that much time later it's REALLY not worth going after now. It's really simple geomety. Somebody could do a better job too.

4. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    "It's really simple geomety. Somebody could do a better job too."

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Bert, there is a new WIP you can start.

5. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    I think Boba is doing alot of "character" work. We don't have any need for this for SOTS either. If anything we need to cut some shots not add any more. THere are some other good people around here too IF somebody actually needed this model... IF. Boba and another guy ? were both doing those AT-PT's long time ago. He was good. There's a handful of people here who are good... IF it's needed.

6. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    just because it is not going to be used in SOTS doesn't mean that Bert, or anyone else for that matter can't make it...

No one even asked Bert, so what do you act like there is something up your butt when Dr Jones just makes a funny remark?

7. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    I've been wondering, what exactly is SOTS about? It has stuff from the whole series, does it show just parts of Anakin and then Luke, or what? It will be the best whenever it gets finished though.

8. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    Crunchy..? See I don't understand why some people want to pick fights all the time. If you look at the orginal post it asked "if it was made or being made for SOTS". Then Dr.Jones suggested Boba might be up for it. All I did was say we're not doing it for SOTS and we don't really need it. And that Boba is doing alot of character work for himself and us. And that IF it's needed or wanted there are alot of people here that can do it IF Boba doesn't want to. But it's not part of the SOTS project... that's the original question.

SOTS is complicated. I really hate explaining it b/c it's complex. I think I did a nice write-up on this for our Fan Films page. So read the director's message on the FF page for our project. It's a mesh of alot of famous shots, plus some original stuff. It's not a story with dialogue, etc. We don't have enough character animators for that. So it's more of a animation short with a theme and plot.

9. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    That's cool, by the way, this page shocked me extremely,(The valentines day thing).

10. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    dude, the only thing that took me off guard was that you were staking claim to Bert, okay, so it's not being made for SOTS; I thought it was from the perspective of what I read on the old site...

11. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    People did this at SCIFI-MESHES too when I talked about what should be modelled for the ISD. But the ISD was originally being made for an idea for a SOTS shot. Bobabert isn't officially doing anything for us but he does do things and we use them. But that's besides the point. All I was doing was informing you guys about what he was working on. I have no idea what he's doing, can do, or wants to do. But other people want to get things for themselves and get defensive if somebody says something that can be interpreted as blocking their efforts. So you're really over-reading this whole thing.

12. bobabert

bobabert Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 24, 2002
    Hum...
    I'm not a 3d machine
    I love to help somebody who make project with 3d but now it's time to do my own

If I should make a new wip every time somebody asks something...

13. Lots

Lots Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    i was making a at-pt....

14. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    Hum... I was just joking when saying bert could do it. I just said this for fun because he is quiet fast, and he starts new projects when he has several already started.

15. darthviper107

Jun 26, 2003
    I know what you mean Bert, I have this film that I have to have done by June for the FanFilm Awards and I want to do all this other stuff and people ask me to help them and stuff but I really need to work on my film.

16. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

Sep 10, 1999
    Ah... Lots. He's really good too. That's who I was thinking about.

BUT anyway... if this is NOT a question but a request Crunchy then put it in the Requests thread. Otherwise this has turned into a silly and pointless debate about nothing and this thread should be deleted.

17. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    no it's not really a request, I was just wondering if anyone had made it prior, I have someone working on it now... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.