main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Any Zahn books post Alligence?????

Discussion in 'Literature' started by fett 4, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    As I said, Zahn has only written 10 or so works in the Star Wars Universe:

Heir to the Empire; Dark Force Rising; the Last Command; Spectre of the Past; Vision of the Future; stories in Tales from the Empire & Tales from the New Republic; Mara Jade: By the Emperor's Hand; Survivor's Quest; Outbound Flight.

Anakin being dazzled by C'baoth is hyperbole; he was impressed that his Jedi master seemed so in control, which neatly foreshadowed his fall.

Mara's "lecture" of Luke is the same as Luke's force 'recton' at the beginning - it's Zahn restoring these characters to how they're meant to be. Does Mara honestly do more than give Luke permission to trust his accomplishments? To stop self-doubt and be confident in who he is?

The "Empire" book? You mean Survivor's Quest? You haven't actually read it, have you? All of it?

o_O

E_S

2. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    As long as alligence sells, zahn is interested, and the money is right, there will be more star wars books by him.

3. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    What I'd like to see from Zahn is a Bel Iblis book or two. Set one in the Fleet Junkie period of lore, the campaigns that pushed the Empire back to 8 sectors. Zahn writing Bel Iblis and Ackbar vs Pellaeon?

Maybe do another Bel Iblis book set in the NJO.

4. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    I hope there will be a Zahn book after Allegiance featuring Luke,Mara and Ben set after LOTF. I have a thread about that called Timothy Zahn would write a novel about Ben Skywalker.

I hope it will be out in 2009 or 2010. He could write some great action scenes featuring Luke and his family in a space battle or lightsaber fight.

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    You might be disappointed, Wes - Zahn writes Pellaeon as an uninspiring, overly-cautious officer rather than the reborn Imperial god of such pithy quotes as "the empire always strikes back."

E_S

6. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    The Pellaeon we see spouting such statements is the secure leader of a now rather stable government, not the commander who is constantly thrust into situations where he is handed the reins to the Empire in catastrophic situations. I like the cautious Pellaeon, and it fits his character up through VotF. I'd like to see how he copes with a steadily diminishing Empire. With Thrawn, we see the Empire as essentially rising. A book set in the Fleet Junkie Period would have great potential, seeing the Empire finally falling to it's last bastion (pardon the pun) and the New Republic achieving near total dominance.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, I can summarize that for you.

bel Iblis: Admiral, our ships are in position.
    Ackbar: Proceed with the countdown. All groups assume attack coordinates.
    Pelly: RUN AWAY11!11!1!! [/Monty Python]
    Ackbar: It's a trap!
    bel Iblis: No, I think he just ran away.
    Ackbar: Well, that's no fun. Hey, are you getting a sense of deja vu? This feels just like Endor.
    bel Iblis: Or Bilbringi!
    Ackbar: Yeah, that too!

8. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    Wasnt some one going to catolog all of the timea a trap has been mention by ackbar.

9. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    I was, but it's a bit down on my priorities at the moment.

I did find the origin of Ackbar's obsession though:
    [image=http://www.uncwil.edu/aquarius/2003/07_2003/images/lobster_trap_large.jpg]
    It's a trap!

10. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    That . . . was awesome. :-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.