main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anybody collect SW props?

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Poseidon11, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poseidon11

Poseidon11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    Hi everyone. I just recently found this board and am very happy to see there are others in the Lafayette area who share in the thrill of all that is SW.

I have been collecting SW replica props for about 3 years now and I'm dying to meet someone else who shares my hobby. Here is a quick pic of my collection.

members.truepath.com/Poseidon11/Display.jpg

I am also working on a Luke ROTJ V2 saber halfway completed, a Vader ROTJ saber 95% completed, and working on a lifesize artoo.

If anyone else has any props, I would love to see pics.

2. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    I have been reading alot on making lightsaber construction, and I will be trying my hand at that pretty soon. You have an awesome collection there.

3. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Yes indeed your collection is astounding! Poseidon11, are you interested in joining our group? I imagine you are, but would not like to assume anything.

Please post in the Roll Call - Official FanForce Acadiana Sign Up thread.

Thanks
    ;)

4. Poseidon11

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm sitting here bored to tears and I found this pic on my puter and thought I would share.

PROPS

5. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Those are very nice. If you get too boared, giving is always a pleasure. So you can give me one of those nice sabers :D

6. jmayeux

jmayeux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    I don't collect props. But the ones in the pictures here are great. Just like to one's people are charging hundreds for. You should make more to sell online. You could make a fortune. Keep up the great work.

7. Poseidon11

Jul 15, 2002
    Sell lightsabers! :eek:
    Wouldn't that be breaking copyright laws? [face_mischief] LOL

Thanks for the complements guys.

8. Jedi_Jacen

Jedi_Jacen Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2000
    As shown by a few lawsuits recently, it's only copyright violation if you're selling replica lightsabers...

But great collection! I collect as well, though most of my sabres are scratch built. I do have one Parksaber, which I love, and will soon have a machined aluminum sabre of a custom design. I am part of a huge costuming community here in Seattle, and some of these guys have walls and walls of props... but I'm not jealous. Here's a pic of my costume, I'm the rebel pilot:

[image=http://www.seattlestarwars.com/titan/gallery/gallery-fao-sansweet/images/FAO_06.jpg]

9. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Nice costumes! Wish I had one.

10. Hudel

Hudel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    Great looking props! If you are interested in making to sell, drop me a line.

I am interested in making my own lightsabers as well, just haven't had time to actually do it. I do own one prop/original lightsaber (no pics yet) given to me by a friend and am trying to convince the wife to let me do a costume. We shall see how that plays out...

Again, great looking props.

11. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    That is some great stuff there indeed!

While I don't collect props like that I do have a "Star Wars Shrine" that I have been making!

It is my bookself, everything that has something to do with SW that I own basically is set up on display. I have bookmarks TPM watches still in package, toy X-wing on display, action figures still in box, Jedi Outcast game display, A globe ball of the asteroid fight between Jango and Obi-Wan, and my favorite that framed puzzle-poster of ROTJ, then of course all my SW books!

12. Poseidon11

Jul 15, 2002
    Thanks again for the compliments. I've been so busy with work lately that I havn't had much time to visit the forums.
    In my spare time, I still try to get some work done on my props. Here are a few pics to keep ya'll updated. Some are of recently finished props and some are work in progress.

Yoda EP1 saber

Luke ROTJ sabers

Greedo Killer blaster

Stormtrooper Helmet

13. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Your work looks real good. Very nice Stormtrooper helment.

JEDI-SOLO, does your shrine include a Pewter Luke Skywalker? ;)

14. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Well Swamp let's think here............. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.