main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anybody else think this autograph pull service is a bad idea

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by DonC, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    For a dollar C2 will, as I understand it, get an autograph for you, then give it to you later. Now with autographs limited it is possible, however unlikely, that all of the more popular guests pictures will be taken by people using the pull service. This sucks for people like me, for whom getting the autograph is secondary to actually meeting the celeberity. I hope the number of pull service autographs are limited.

Please continue this discussion in one of the following threads. Thanks. :)

**Official Autograph Discussion Thread**
    **Official Autograph Cost Complaint Thread**

2. MaximusVader

MaximusVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    What they will most likely be doing is what Gary from Autograph Central was doing during AlphaCon in Omaha last year. And that is have the celebs auto stuff in between times when no one is in their line (not that that will be a large amount of time at this thing) and have volunteers running around gathering them up. Either that, or they will have the celebs signing stuff while they are eating or in their rooms.

But in any event, I highly doubt that it will interfere with any of us that actually want some personal attatchment with our signed items from getting those experiences. And I also just saw that if you are a Fan Club member, that there will be specially announced (heheh...another thing that it sounds like is not very well planned yet) times for photo ops, since no photos with the stars will be allowed in the autograph area.

3. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    My thing is, I don't want to stand in a huge line only to discover all the good photos have been taken already. Hell, I'll even admit what I'm afraid of. I'm afraid some guy will come along and buy like a thousand pictures to sell on eBay, leaving those of us in the line out of luck. I can't help it man, I was eleven and just starting puberty (more info then you wanted, I know) when Jedi came out. I have to get a Slave Leia picture, if they have them.

4. MaximusVader

MaximusVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    You SICK person!!!! I can't believe that you would want a picture of Miss Fisher in that totally offensive outfit!

Seriously...I don't think you have anything to worry about. And if they do do what you are afraid of? Screw it...we'll kidnap Carrie and make her pose for us.

She can sign THOSE pics.

5. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I love the idea - hopefully it'll keep the lazy people outta line. Though if you're looking for specific pictures for her to sign, I can see your concern. Perhaps it will only be the special C2 pictures that will be limited and there will be plenty of other more common pictures (like Slave Leia) that will be available to have signed. For a buck, I would assume they'd give you a choice of several different pictures to choose from. As someone bringing something personally for her to sign, I'm all for shortening the line with a pull service.

6. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I think that according to the website, people are limited to $10 on pulled photos (probably per person, I would assume, or per day, certainly not per the whole event) so that might cut down on Ebay people trying to suck up everything as they do. However if you specifically want a Leia in Jabba outfit, you might want to bring that picture with you just to make sure. It might not be one that's available. I would bet it would be, but you can never be too safe.

7. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    According to C2Ventures press release regarding the pull service; "if you want 10, 20, or 100 photos, the service will only cost you $10.00". It costs $1 per pulled photo up to a maximum of $10 but you can have any number of photos pulled.

With so much else to see and no photos allowed I'd think the service would be very popular.

Carolyn

8. scifiexpo

scifiexpo Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2001
    We will have the "slave" Leia picture (amoung others)! And we have printed plenty of all the pictures (so we dont expect to run out)... Check out all the photos that will be available at C2 here...

http://www.seetwo.com

Cya in Indy,
    Ben

9. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Thanks Ben, you cannot imagine how helpful seeing these pictures beforehand is to me. It's made seeing whose autographs I want to get so much easier.

10. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Oh yes - definitely thank you for posting the pics beforehand. You have just made my packing quite a bit easier! :cool:

11. AlderaanOnline

AlderaanOnline Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2002
    OK, I understand we won't be able to get a photo with us standing next to the celebraty at the autograph signing, but will we be able to snap photos of the stars as we are waiting in line as we get close to the table?

12. JMChladek

JMChladek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Okay, I just saw the new press release myself. I can understand why the photos with the celebrities might be a problem as it can really slow the time down if everyone wants a photo taken with a celebrity. I would say that if you really want such a photo, then you might luck out during a slow time or see when they might be willing to do a photo op later.

13. Carl-StarWarsFanOrg

Carl-StarWarsFanOrg Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Ben,

Quick question:

If you are using the "pull" service, can you have your autograph(s) personalized??

14. Yoda_Fan_4years

Yoda_Fan_4years Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2002
    O.K., let me see if I have this correct. For $1 I can get an autographed picture all nice and tidy waiting for me to pick it up when I'm ready to? Is this on top of the $15? I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot, I'm a newbie on this picture pulling business. I'm used to the lines so I don't quite get this yet.
    Also what does it mean 10,20,100 pics for a max. charge of $10? Are they saying I could theoreticly get an autographed picture from everyone that is signing done for me for $1 each?! I don't want to do that but I'm just trying to get this straight. Thanks,Jerry

15. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The $1 charge for getting the autograph is in addition to the $12 or $15 cost of the autograph.

My question is who gets priority- the people in line, or the people using the pull service? Say somebody is down to only 15 or 20 photos, yet there are still people in line and pull autograph orders for another 30. Unlikely, I know, but still, who is out of luck?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.