main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

anybody else toy hunt?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by chunk_the_jawa, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    See? If they ran quality bids on those sweet lightsabers(not the toys), I'd be broke every paycheck!!!!

2. cozmickind

cozmickind Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    oh yea toy hunting, it can be most frustrating up here in ft collins. i know i have competeion as well, because i see the same 2 guys at all the stores that i frequent. i hit both walmarts here, target, toys r us, shop co, and kmart...the kmart here says they will not order any sw until the ep2 line comes out. target here has rebel troopers, imperial troops, fx-7, and queen in royal decoy, they are selling for 6.99 they also have delux amannaman, and leia w/ sail barge cannon for 14.99, shop co has the same 3 jar jars for over a month, and toys r us looks like they are getting ready for the new line. both walmarts here as of march 1st claim they will not purchase any more of the potj line, they have already put up the racks for ep 2 the price tag stickers say "6.49 episode 2 basic figure" so in other words ft collins really doesnt have much....are there any sw stores down there in denver??? and i saw a post here saying someone is looking for obi wans, well i have 2 obi wan jedi young super short saber variations from potj..jawa site has them in their price guide valued at $80...i also have 4- r2-q5 w/ "imperal" sp error...we should start a trading board...well maybe there is one already..i havnt looked yet....

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I just sent off for my last two Jedi and a Yoda in Council Chair. $20 for the lot, + shipping. I probably paid too much, but I hated not having the whole set of Jedi.

-Jennifer

4. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    hmmm the target ehh has rebel troopers ehhh? hmmm now to get mrs jawa to go to ft colins ehh?????

5. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Toys R Us down here had a Darth Vader with transparent blue parts. something about being electrocuted by Palps

6. cozmickind

cozmickind Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    yea, that is the emporers wrath, yknow from jedi, his right hand also comes off!

7. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    wow, i should've got it, it was on the clearance rack for 2.99...probably gone, that was months ago :(

8. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    MY AT-ST WITH SPEEDERBIKE AND EWOK CAME TODAY FROM TOYSRUS.COM DAMAGED A LITTLE but hay at least I got one.

9. haggie

haggie Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2001
    After TPM came out I went hunting several times a week. I usually keep an eye on eBay to see when new figures come out. California and Florida always get the new stuff first for some reason so there is always some scalper selling them on eBay. Once I see the new stuff on eBay I start going toy hunting every other day until I find the new toys. I haven't done much hunting over the last year because it is impossible to find the new figs. There aren't too many stores that sell them ans when they do they don't have many so they never have any left when I get there. Now that AOTC is coming out I'll be hunting more frequently.

10. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I found the jedi starfighter at walmart last night.

11. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    What was the price? I may have to make an exception for that one.

-Jennifer

12. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    dont get to excited it was 20 big ones but it is cool looking. they even put a little work into the fig the hair on it is actualy a redish brown just like obiwans is in the movies. not a bright red or brown he looks like a hippie .and the box does have some spoilers as well as the book too.

13. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    At southwest plaza at Suncoast, they had 5 Aurra Sing's, 5 Qui Gon Jinn (wearing some weird black suit) and 5 Darth Maul's wearing that ugly brown jacket. The EB Games had some Bacta Tank Luke, Mechanic Chewie, Boss Nass, and that's about it. Didn't go to KB Toys, I guess I should've. And About going for a case with you, Chunk... I'll have to think about it, but it sounds enticing >:)

14. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I just hooked up with 2 of the sneak preview figures zam wesell and r3-t7. they look cool as he'll. I got the low down from another thread that they had them at walmart in aurora so out the door I ran. only snaged the two.
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

15. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I'd be willing to buy the Zam off of you. I'm kinda out of the shopping game for a while (broke my arm last weekend).

-Jennifer

16. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    ewwww. I have posted this on two other boards so the first peps to email me get to fight over 2 zam's and 2 r3-t7's but I can definatly hold tight of one of the zam's for you.

17. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    it looks at the moment as though the zamis yours zoo. I paid roughly 7 a piece for them so I would say your price is about hhhmmmm hows 50 bucks sound? naw justkiding let me know.

18. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    I want the Jango one, I must find it somewhere, where did you get em? My goal is to get every Boba and Jango toy they release

19. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    That's great Chunk, I'll get it from at the next meeting.

Thanks,

-Jennifer

20. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    down at the wally on wads and hapden . I been all over today and thats it. cool zoo have my fifty bucks ready cash only no checks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.