main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Anybody ever tried to run a youtube channel

Discussion in 'Community' started by jamminjedi23, Apr 8, 2017.

1. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Has anybody on here ever tried to start up their own youtube channel before? I enjoy looking at youtube and have a couple channels that I enjoy following. However I don't believe personally that starting up my own would ever be for me. I'd probably enjoy interacting with potential subscribers and stuff like that but the constant editing of videos would get tiresome very quickly in my opinion. Plus I have heard that you have to be real consistent in creating videos in order to get your channel to grow that much and maintain the audience you do have and I would likely get tired of doing that as well and the fun would likely get taken out of it pretty quickly for me.

I understand the thrill that some people get from running their own channel though. It is a past time not really much different than say talking regularly on a forum (though is a little more work than chatting on a forum is).

Anyways have any of you ever tried to start up a youtube channel before?

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    We used to have a blog thread here. Rogue Number Ten ate carrots and Ess Ell Gee read an essay once.

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I have a youtube channel where I make dank memes.

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Many years ago, but YouTube has become more professional now. Random breakout stars are very rare now.

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Yeah, I have two YouTube channels. I had my original channel from 2012 to 2014 and then changed to a more professional channel to connect with my website from 2014 to now...

In three years the second YouTube channel has reached over one million video views! The majority of my time (and revenue) is with my website though. I view YouTube really as just a means to an end (getting the videos to my website) Same as with the Social Media stuff... I have to do Facebook and Twitter for the website but if it wasn't for that I doubt I'd be on Twitter and Facebook at all as it isn't something that really interests me personally.

6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    No YouTube here, but completely relate to Twitter. Not a social media butterfly, and if I could quit Twitter I would in a heartbeat.

Violent Violet Menace and G-FETT like this.
  7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001

Out of the two (Facebook and Twitter) I actually prefer Twitter because I find my followers there are more "engaged" with what I'm doing (i.e, clicking through to my website when I post and update) where-as Facebook is very much set up to keep everyone on Facebook rather than leaving Facebook to go to other websites.

But I'm not keen on either personally....

To give an idea of everything that's involved to do all this professionally

Here's my YouTube channel;

https://www.youtube.com/user/GavsWeatherVids

These are my Twitter and Facebook pages

https://twitter.com/GavinPartridge

https://www.facebook.com/Gavsweathervids-495299097209524/

And here's the "brain" of it all my website (which get's about 75% of my attention because that's where I mainly earn my money)

http://www.gavsweathervids.com/

And keep in mind all this stuff has to be updated daily and sometimes (when there's some interesting weather happening or at peak times, which for me is September to January) I have to keep all these pages updated several times a day lol. [face_tired]

8. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

The upkeep alone is to be commended, it is a part of your livelihood so well done.

Violent Violet Menace and G-FETT like this.
  9. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Thanks. :cool:

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm actually part of a failed Youtube channel from 2009 that I won't post here because they're all predictably terrible.

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I can't run as fast as PewDiePie. He's got that Aryan master race blood.

12. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    What...? Has PewDiePie been outed as a eugenicist or something? I don't keep up with entertainment news.

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    No, not really. Just kinda stupid.

14. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  16. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    You're the one who introduced me to them!

I watched this the other day.