main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anybody from Hasbro ever posted here?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Toymaster, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Just wondering, because we've got a guy posting on the Nashville forum that goes by the screen name of AACKBAR that claims that he worked as a sculptor for Hasbro. That name ring a bell with anyone?

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    It doesn't ring a bell with me, sorry.

What I did do last year though was print up the responses in a thread regarding what we collector's would like to know from hasbro, and critique's of the line, and questions, and I presented this to Hasbro at last years Comic Con - 9 pages worth. They read it in front of me and said they would take it back to the company with them.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Did you ever get any feedback?

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Here was the original thread:

Hasbro Are You Listening?

I can do the same thing again this year at Comic Con. If anyone has any comments you would like me to pass along. Comic Con is from July 21st - 25th. Last year I was staying in the same hotel as the Hasbro people and I could give them the evil eye in the elevator... LOL! No, really, they did take me seriously and did take the 9 pages I had written back to Hasbro with them. They were honestly trying to get that sort of feedback from the collectors and had their own survey that they were passing out for people to fill out. So... after handing them 9 pages of feedback, they hand me another survey which was like a book asking me even more questions about what I liked, didn't like, what should be improved etc. LOL! I had to haul that thing around with me for a few days and fill more of it out every chance I got, thats how many pages it was.

5. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    So does anybody think this AACKBAR guy is legit?

6. Odowan

Odowan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2004
    You're taking suggestiong to give to Hasbro? Ok, here goes:

1. Distribution
    I've still yet to see anything past the Jabba's Palace Wave here. Either my stores are terrible and aren't restocking, or Hasbro is not sending out newer stuff to them. There should definatly be asome sort of buy back program, since my local stores are actually restocking with 2002 figures. This is unacceptable. Plus, put equal amounts of figures in cases so that each figure is just as easy to find as the next. I never once saw an Emphant Mon, McQuarrie Stormtrooper, or Emporer.

2. Enough with the repacks
    Enough. Stop it. Really. Please. We're tired of seeing the same Han, Vader, Chewie, and Leia sitting on the pegs. Plus, the upcoming Original Trilogy collection has all of 8 new figures. The rest are repacks. Enough is enough.

3.Wedge
    Make a new Wedge. Nuff said.

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    So does anybody think this AACKBAR guy is legit?

The email address he has on file is just a regular hotmail account so it is hard to say.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I agree with Odowan on #1. There were figures my local Entertainer store here in the UK never even had on their website, let alone in the store. As far as the repacks go - I wouldn't know. I never saw the original Carkoon Boba in a store, let alone the repacks. I had to get him online. Even now I haven't seen the
    re-release in stock here, let alone the OTC or VOTC release. If Hasbro want people to buy their merchandise they at least have to make it available!

9. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    ditto on better distribution and wedge.

i was flipping through a toy catalog and had an idea. you know those "homies" and "mijos" figures that you get in the quarter machine on the way out of stores? they need some little, inexpensive figures like that. i didn't realize until i saw them in a catalog that there are so many and they are pretty cheap. wouldn't it be great to be able to get a new star wars toy on the way out of the store for 50 cents?

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not familiar with those little figures, but I like the concept. If the Entertainer had a machine at least I wouldn't leave disappointed all the time.

11. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    OK, everyone needs to understand that Hasbro has very little to do with what lines end up on the shelves of your local stores! Having worked in the ordering department of a store, I know that a company only sends what a store orders. If a store doesn't order any of the cases with figures of a certain line, they won't show up there. I talked with an employee at a local store who was also a SW figure collector and he had to tell the manager to order different cases as he would just pick a case at the top of the list when the they were running low on figures. I have a feeling that other ordering managers do the same.

As far as re-packs, I would agree that they do them way too much, even though I don't collect every figure, but if they offered new molds, there is a greater chance I would buy them.

12. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Distribution is a big problem. I haven't seen new figures in a long, long time. In fact, I haven't seen any of the figures released this year on shelves.

And yes, same number of all figures. They were great at one point: 3 of each per case. That was wonderful. Even 2 per case was fine.

And stop with
    Case1: 2xA, 2xB, 2xC, 2xD, 2xE, 2xF
    Case2: 2xA, 2xD, 2xG, 2xH, 2xI, 1xJ, 1xC

OR Case 1, 1a, 1b, 1c.

Hasbro does not have to go out and market "collectors items". Just stick to marketing toys. By virtue of the fact that they have "Star Wars" stamped on them, they will be collectors items.

Stop with Store Exclusives. Annoying as hell. I didn't even know some things existed until I saw them on eBay while looking for something else.

Stop with the special discount rates to big chains. TRU, KB, Walmart, & Target buy figures for ~$2, and sell for just under the $5 that all the other stores have to buy them for. I'd rather go to Longs Drugs, Vons, TG&Y, or even Safeway and be able to pay the same price that TRU has. Also, this causes the comic stores to send their employees to the big stores to buy out the new figs as soon as they hit the pegs, because it's faster and more efficient than ordering from hasbro. (Yeah, I know, this will never happen)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.