main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anybody get tickets yet?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by darthcaedus1138, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    We ordered our tickets in the middle of January. It says we should get them some time in the middle of July, and it's already past that.

Anybody get tix? Should I be worried that I haven't gotten mine yet?

Thanks.

2. Jedifan256

Jedifan256 Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2010
    Haven't gotten mine yet either.

3. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Not gotten mine yet

4. clonetrooper10

clonetrooper10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2010
    It makes you wonder why we paid for shipping cost. Not very professional of them , first celebration this has happened. I never got the tickets this late, and I've been to every celebration. Nothing like the last minute.[face_frustrated]

5. Thistledown

Thistledown Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
    There's plenty of time. We still have over 3 weeks.

6. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    I was starting to get concerned and thinking about making a post about this also. [face_thinking]

7. clonetrooper10

Jul 6, 2010
    Some of us are leaving early to Florida, so its pretty much three weeks or less. Plus I have to send one to another state so that person can have theirs in time.

8. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Haven't gotten mine yet. I ordered like a week before the deadline, but I ordered on the afternoon of the LAST DAY to do so before CIV and still got my badge around the same time as everyone else, so I figure they're just sent in bulk over a few days. I can imagine that this could cause problems. Also, the last day for online pre-orders for CIV was about seven weeks prior to the con, while this one was only a month prior to it. This is going to add a sense of urgency to everything, I figure, as once they're shipped it's not easy to control. Not to mention that I don't recall if they ever released what kind of shipping package they use, so I have no idea how long it would take. Still, I figure there's not much to worry about and most of the badges (if not all of them) will be received by Saturday mail drop-offs. That's really just speculation on my part though.

9. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    This just came to mind. For CIII , I remember getting tickets on Thanksgiving Day for the April Conn.

10. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    The website did say the tickets would begin mailing in Mid-July, and that time has come and gone so I'm kind of wondering where our badges could be.

I kind of get the feeling the they will mail this week or early next week. Hopefully this week.

11. clonetrooper10

Jul 6, 2010
    Like I said before I've always gotten my badges at least 2 months before the show. This is the first time they've been sent out this late. I hope they come this week, because this is getting scary.

12. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    Well, this is a downer. I got an email from Amanda from Reed this morning:

VIP passes will not be shipped but you will be receiving a letter within the next week with detailed information about your VIP package. You will pick up your badge, along with other items at VIP check in on site. Let me know if you have any questions.

13. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Just to look at this from the Reed/LFL side...they had a very quick turnaround time from when the show was announced to when it actually happens. Sure, a lot was in the works before they announced it back in December, but there was only so much that could be done before the contracts were signed and it was official. They basically have had less than 8 months to get this going. Considering that, they're doing really well, actually.
    Lastly, since the deadline to buy tickets and have them mailed was just back on the 11th, I wasn't expecting anything to mail before then. It's now been just over a week since that date. Most of them probably hit the mail late last week or will go this week.

14. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    If that information is correct, I still don't have a problem with it. The maximum amount of people in the VIP line would be 300. At Dragon*Con, there was an "Eternal Member" line and it went very well. The shortest of all lines.
    Patience people . . . patience.

15. ksomm814

Mar 17, 2005
    Reply from Amanda:

Check in is on Tuesday from 4 to 8 and Wednesday from 11 to 6. But you can also check in the rest of the week also.

The specific times for VIP check in can be found on the master schedule here: http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Events/Schedule/

Regular passes are actually beginning to go out today ?everyone should be out in the mail by Sunday at midnight.

16. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Thanks ksomm!

17. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    This is why I wish they had offered a will-call option. Really do not like waiting for my badge to arrive.

18. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    That's a relief, knowing that they're being mailed now. I too wish there had been a will call option, but I'll try to keep my anxiety about my badge being lost in the mail to a minimum for at least another week. :p

19. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    The actual badges "sneak peak" was just released yesterday.

But here is the news on force.net

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/CV_Badges_Shipping_Soon_132679.asp

20. ksomm814

Mar 17, 2005
    He he! That was me that emailed them. :D

21. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Haven't seen mine yet either, though I actually forgot it was going to be mailed. :p

22. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Sounds like we'll be getting them soon. 'Bout bloody time.

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Glad to hear they're being sent out.

Now here's hoping they don't get lost in the mail or something and they arrive safely...

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  24. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Since I'm going down the Sunday before the con, I have this fear I'll be leaving before the badge gets to me. :(

25. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Picking up my VIP badge on Tuesday will work for me.
    I'm arriving on Monday morning anyway.
    I love it when a plan FINALLY comes together!=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.