main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anybody have any of the SW 1/4 scale figures from Sideshow?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by thatsMRvadertoyou, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatsMRvadertoyou

thatsMRvadertoyou Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2005
    Just wondering... I did a quick scan of the topics and didn't seen anything in the headers (I'm a newbie, so forgive me if they have been discussed at lenght previously). They just started releasing them at ComicCon San Diego last summer, and they are amazing. So far they have released a Tatooine Luke and Millenium Han. Only for the serious collectors though - they are a bit pricy. Just thought I'd ask because Sideshow just sent out an email about their new Vader statue, and I was wondering if any of you had any comments about it. Supposedly the allocation made to Starwarsshop.com has already sold out, so I'm seriously considering splurging - has anyone else heard about this item? Any comments to help me decide whether it's worth the money?? (again, sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but I wanted answers fast - it will be sold out soon, I'm sure! - don't have time to scan all the posts!)

Here's the link for those interested: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=71171

2. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Hi thatsMRvadertoyou , Well I think it is RAD I would get 1 if I could!!!

compared to the Darth Vader Attakus
    Price: $ 999.95

http://www.toyglobe.com/details.php?type=2282

I WOULD GET THE SIDESHOW!!!

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, I don't have any of the Sideshow figures but I did splurge on an Attakus Jango and I was happy I did - it is a great figure.
    If you have the money to spend I would go ahead and get the Vader.

4. thatsMRvadertoyou

Feb 18, 2005
    $999.95??? I thought that was a typo, but it wasn't. That's nuts. I think I will definitely go with the one from Sideshow, even though some of the folks over at rebelscum seem to think it looks weird - I'm sure they will fix it before its release. It's scaled to match the Tatooine Luke that they have, so it will look perfect. Also I heard that there will be an Obi-Wan from ANH released so that you can pose it with this Vader to re-create the fight scene. That sounds really cool...

5. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I've already ordered Luke, Han & Vader. The first in the series, Luke, doesn't ship until April. With Sideshow's reputation I know they will not dissappoint. Their 10" Universal Studios Monsters from a few years back are some of the best looking figures EVER, and the 1/4 scale Frankenstein's Monster looks absolutely perfect.

6. thatsMRvadertoyou

Feb 18, 2005
    Thanks for your tip Toymaster! I pre-ordered mine on Wed. and I called in today for an update and found out that THERE ARE ONLY 100 LEFT!! This is gonna be great. Now if only I could buy a time machine to get me into the 3rd quarter of 2005, when it's scheduled to ship... =P~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.