Anybody home?

Discussion in 'Richmond, KY' started by Krash, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    There hasn't been ANY activity on this board, since Thanksgiving...is anyone still here?

If I don't hear back from at least 3 people, within the next 2 weeks, or notice any activity on the board...I'll have to "give the evacuation code signal" with Fanforce, and have this board made inactive.
  2. Kai-Rhann Force Ghost

star 2
    I'm still alive. But I don't think this board is. It's a shame, too. The goal, I thought, from the start had been to have a Fan Force Chapter based at the college in Richmond, but I have heard nothing of it. Most of the (few) members were students. I myself am not.

Alas, I sense the axe about to fall...

~Kai Rhann
  3. Joey__P Jedi Knight

star 2
    No no, lets not dump this! I know of many people who are interested in this group. I think we should try to set up some sort of function or meeting event to discuss some ideas of getting this chapter more active and involved. Im currently working on a fan film in Lexington, unfortunatly I have had to push it due to moving and such...but it is almost ready to pick back up.

HOw many people in the area would like to try and set up a meeting place to discuss some activities? Movie outings, games, ect...?

4. Kai-Rhann Force Ghost

star 2
    I'm certainly interested in meeting with fellow fans. IF we can keep it alive, I'd like to see some actual activity in this group. As it is, the fate of the forum is in shadow...

~Kai Rhann
  5. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Glad to hear there is some fight left in Richmond! I didn't want to give up hope that someone would answer.

Flyers on campus might be a good way to go...check out the "usual hang-outs" talk with the people there, tell them what FF is all about. One of the things I've learned in my years here is that SW fans are always looking to connect with other fans.

Check out the local branches of 501st and Rebel Legion...many of us are associated with numberous groups (I've recently started on my path to the "Gordie Howe Hat Trick" of SW fans (a "GHHT" being 1 goal...1 assist...1 fight! Covers everything ;) )
  6. Kai-Rhann Force Ghost

star 2
    I could possibly take care of posting some flyers on EKU's campus, and in local areas (Libraries, etc)... I need to contact one or two others who used to post here as well, and see if I can re-interest them...

~Kai Rhann
  7. rogue11lovesjag Jedi Master

star 4
    I can take care of the campus flyers, I think, even if I can't make it to meetings. They give us like 500 sheets of paper, I think to make copies from at school, so I might be able to do that, and I'll have to be the one to get it approved by the office of student development (and possibly housing as well).

There are people interested, who just don't surf around theforce.net much.

~Rogue
  8. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Try asking around local comic shops...book stores...any of the usual places YOU might hang out for SW-related stuff. They say "great minds think alike"...it works in our case as well! ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.