Anybody in daytona Collect star wars toys !!!

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by DarthDion, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDion Jedi Master

star 1
    Dose anyone here collect the hasbro stuff. Cuz i know me and mortwindu do every time i get my paycheck its off to walmart to get star wars stuff anyone else the same way !!!
  2. Forja-Bingbey Jedi Knight

star 3
    I bought Plo Koon and Kit Fisto the other day DarthDion, that brings the grand total up to 19 thus far. How many do you have now?
  3. DarthDion Jedi Master

star 1
    23 and counting Forja-Bingbey ;)
  4. Commander_Clone Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have a lot of the Hasbro figures from the original trilogy, plus a lot of other random stuff, but I didn't like the look of the Episode 2 figures, maybe its just me, but they seemed smaller and more cheap than the old figures. So I just bought a Jengo Fett, (he was still cool) and I thought I'd wait and see if the next collection would be better.
  5. MortWindu Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i have 17 figures, dont think im doin to bad for the short time and money that ive had! also if anyone sees any Dooku, Yoda, or Palpatine, post about it so I know there is some hope of getting those 3.
  6. Commander_Clone Jedi Knight

star 1
    I saw a Palpatine in Kay-Bee toys way up north here in Pennsylvania. That would be the first place that I would check for your missing figures. They only had 1 when I was there.
  7. Karma Jedi Knight

star 3
    So it's you people who have been sniping the local Wal-Mart!!!!!!!

Is it just me or do the stores in the DAB area have nothing new? It's been the same old stuff since April.

One exception, the Wal-Mart on Beville has the new Darth Vader/Luke Bespin figures.

star 3
    No... not true.

Port Orange Wal-Mart has a ton of new figures, and at the new groovy low price of $4.77 plus tax.

THANKS PRICE SLASHER! [face_plain]
  9. Karma Jedi Knight

star 3
    Went to the Pt. Orange Wal-Mart but didn't find new figures...only a few Darth Vader's and a Jango Fett Battle. :-( Guess I was too late.

star 1
    hey, i saw a Han Solo Endor Raid at the Port Orange Wal-Mart and so I got him, it was the only one there that I saw so I dont know if you'll find anymore there or not, good chance there will be more of him and hopefully a Chewbacca when they get a new shipment in.
  11. LianaMara Force Ghost

star 4
    I have a ton of the old Eppy 1 figures. When I'm really, really bored I try to find my commlink and laugh at the hideously bad voice recordings.

And what is up with some of the Ep 2 figures? The only Padme one is of the arena fight, and I hated that outfit. Its really ugly.
  12. MortWindu Jedi Youngling

star 1
    there coming out with another Padme figure, its going to be the one from the beginning of the movie where she is dressed up as a pilot.
  13. Commander_Clone Jedi Knight

star 1
    I too was disapointed with Padme. I thought for sure Hasbro would have at least put some effort into her. At least the Jengo fett figure is cool.
  14. RangerPrincess Jedi Master

star 4

I bought a couple of figures from Wal-Mart. Obi-Wan, Padme, Anakin Hanger Duel, Anakin in peasant disguise, and that Jango Fett dude.

I wanted to get a Yoda and Count Dooku, but they were nowhere to be find. :( I got Obi-Wan on price for 4.70, without the tax though. :p
  15. Forja-Bingbey Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm sorry i woke up late. I think you guys ditched me :(
  16. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh I wish I was down in Daytona right now! Is that $4.77 Walmart deal an everday low price or is that a special? For some reason action figures seem to be significantly more expensive in Michigan.
    I have a fairly good sized collection going- it's around 80 figures in all. I don't have too many of the Episode II figures, though. Like Commander Clone, I was rather disappointed with the way they did many of the main characters. Jango is by far the best EII figure out there. How does the hanger duel Anakin look? As much as I loved Anakin in the movie, I just couldn't bring myself to buy that other Anakin they had. It looked so bad! Maybe if he had his lightsaber it would have been a bit better.
  17. MortWindu Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The Anakin Hanger Duel figure looks pretty good. I like it alot, its way better than the Outland Peasant figure of his, I still can't bring my self to buy that one.
  18. Karma Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can't stand the Padme figure either! Out of everything she wore in the movie they had to pick the most ho-hum costume. I'm not too sure about the extra plastic that appeared at a certain area of her physique, as well, but I'm sure there are some males that will disagree with me. :)
    Anyway.
    Has anybody seen the Unleashed series yet? I have and the Darth Maul rocks!

star 4
    What's the unleashed series? Is that the statue-type figures in really cool poses? I saw an awesome Darth Maul like that in a Hasbro pamphlet.
  20. LianaMara Force Ghost

star 4
    I saw the Zam Wessel one, and its pretty cool. I'll probably get Zam and Jango Fett.

Jayna: I don't know. I saw the Darth Maul thing, though, whatever its from. Very cool.
  21. Forja-Bingbey Jedi Knight

star 3
    I saw one of the last two Ackleys at the Ormond Beach Wal-Mart last night. Couldn't bring myself to fork over $15 for it though. I might have if it made that nasty little noise it makes in the film. A sweaty battle worn Obi-Wan Kenobi would be cool too. Speaking of which has anyone on out there seen the Kenobi Starfighter Pilot figure. If so I'll give you a nickle for that MoonPie old timer.
  22. Commander_Clone Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't know what it is, but there are no figures here. Everywhere I go now, I see the same three. Jengo Fett, crappy Padme, and Dooku. game over. I lose.
  23. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Dang! You guys must be seeing different figures than me! How long have they had a Dooku?!?!? I don't think I've seen the Padme one that you speak of either. I feel so left out! How sad. :(
  24. Forja-Bingbey Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dooku is part of Colletion 1 i believe. he was put on the shelves since day one... April 23rd, 2002
  25. Karma Jedi Knight

star 3
    Where are you guys at that you've seen Dooku since Day 1???????

Wal-Marts here just got the Unleashed figures and I saw some Acklays there as well.

If you ever see a blonde-haired girl with lots of earrings perusing the Star Wars and the Spiderman sections, it's most likely me, so say hi!

Not open for further replies.