main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anybody interested on playing a PbP game right here?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by CharlieHickok-, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diverjkc

Diverjkc Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2002
    Well if we are having two groups, do you want me to GM for both? Or is there someone else who wants to take one group?

Group 1
    CharlieHickok-
    jhc36
    Darth_Digital
    Gorin_Zachian

Group 2
    Quiwan
    MoronDude
    Fingorfin
    dp4m (If you want)

If you all agree to this, start thinking up character backgrounds.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Sure, I'll play with Group 2.

You need to give us direction: level, die rolling methods, era of play, etc...

I custom-tailor stuff to era play mostly... ;)

3. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    I guess I can do both groups

Group 1
    You will be playing a rebelion era game. Starting just after the evacuation of Hoth. You can start as level 3 characters. Please either be a member of the rebellion or someone with rebellion sympathys (smuggler delivering weapons to fleet, etc.). If you need help with anything, I am just a PM away.

Group 2
    How about an old republic era game? Just a few years before the clone wars. One Jedi will be allowed, no Sith please. The other three can be anyone not involved with the Trade Federation. I think level three for you as well. As before, any problems, PM away.

When you have a character sheet ready, just send it to me. Or if you don't have the book (RCRB), just PM me your race and background and I will make one to the best of my abillity. Also, for stat rolling, role 4d6 and take away the lowest. Do that seven (7) times and drop the lowest total, then place as you want.

4. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Actually, i'd really be interested in doing the Old Repbulci camapign, anyone want to go for the Rebellion one insted?

5. CharlieHickok-

CharlieHickok- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    I'd like to start from lvl one.Only if it's fine with you(the others can start from 3), if not I'l make a 3rd lvl char.

6. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    One comment made on this board was "there is a fine line between introducing the villins and killing the players", that is very true. And there is a very interesting thing about lvl 1 chars, they have an odd habit of dieing. If you want to start out with the typical lvl-1-suck, that is fine with me, but don't say I didn't warn you.

7. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Great! Old republic is cool with me. I can't wait.

8. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    :cool:

Now... what to play....

9. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    Well I've got a Character set up for both campaigns, but i'd like to play in the old republic campaign, so if anyone wants to switch with me, please tell me. Now, might I make a suggestion?

One of the great things, I think, about role-playing camapigns is that they can very easily be made into really good stories. I suggest we use a color scheme in out posts, with the following ideas in mind.

Blue text will be used to to say what is occureing in a story-like format.

Ex. Jikar Nial swiftly drew his Blaster and squeesed up against the wall, getting as much cover from the oncoming Stormtroopers as he could. He lowered his Blaster into fireing postion, calculateing the speed and direction they were moving in,l just waiting for one to get Close.

Red text will be sued to describe to the Gm or other players what is happening in game terms. Using the Same example...

Jikar quickly moves against the wall, gaining quarter cover from the shape of the wall. He then takes a ready action to shoot any stormtrooper who moves within 10M of him.

Green text can be used for die rolls, top differentiate them from red text.

Ex. Jikar takes his ready action to shoot the oncoming stormtrooper. I Rolled a 17 to hit. Does that hit?

Normal text can be used for OOC (Out of Character) questions, comments and such that always come up in a game.

Anyway, take it for what its worth, but i think it works really well, and really isn't any work at all.

Here are my Characters.....

For the Old Republic Campaign
    Tharan Danlon: Male Human Soldier 2/Jedi Guardian 1: Init +4 (+4 Dex); Defense 18 (+4 Dex, +4 Class); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 36/17; Atk +6 Melee (2d8+4/19-20, Lightsaber), +5/+5 Ranged (3d8/3d6, Heavy Blaster Pistol/Blaster Pistol); SQ Force Training, Deflect (Defence +1); SV Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +2; SZ M; FP 4; DSP 0; Rep +2; Str 17, Dex 18, Con 17, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 15. (Yes, I rolled Insane, knock me down if you want to and i'll adjust.)

Equipment: Lightsaber, Jedi Robes, Heavy Blaster Pistol, Blaster Pistol. (How many staring Credits do we have? I'll just go with some really simple stuff for now, but it may be importiant.)

Skills: Astrogate +7, Knowlage (Jedi Lore) +7, Pilot +9, Repair +7, Sense Motive +3.5, Treat Injury +6.

Force Skills: Battle Mind +9, Enahance Ability +9.

Feats: Ambidexterity, Armor Profciency (Light), Point-Blank Shot, Exotic Weapon Proficency (Lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Group Proficency (Blaster Pistols), Weapon Group Proficency (Blaster Rifles), Weapon Group Proficency (Heavy Weapons), Weapon Group Proficency (Simple Weapons), Weapon Group Proficency (Vibro Weapons).

Force Feats: Control.

Bio:
    Tharan joined the Jedi in a very unusal way. he was a small boy when he first came to the academy, but was very rebellios and none-too diciplened, however, he was very talented. Eventually he left of his own free will, before becoming a padawan, and quickly joined up with a security force on Courscant.

He trained hard, and withstood the Jokes about his young age, only 14 at the time, and worked very hard. His natural combat prowess soon asserted itself during a security operation in which Tharan brought down almost twice the offenders of any other officer. They left him alone after that.

During a security operation later on, he and the security men were pinned down inside building which had been the center of a criminal organization. Things looked like they were gonna get messy real quick when a Jedi by the Name of Jikar Nial, who owed the head of the security team some favors, showed up to help them.
    The battle to stay alive wasen't pleasent, and if it haden't been for Jikar they all would have perished.

Jikar was amazing, disarming their foes from across the room, disableing their weapons, and quickly subdueing their enemies. But this wasen't what Impressed Tharan,

10. CharlieHickok-

Sep 18, 2003
    I'l take my chances with a lvl 1 fellow.
    I'l start work on him right now.

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Am I too late? :(

E_S

12. CharlieHickok-

Sep 18, 2003
    That's for our GM to decide.
    Or you could wait and see if another group forms.

13. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Not at all Ender, you will join Group 1.
    Now that there is an extra person, Gorin can move to Group 2.

I already have a story line thought out for both games, so as soon as all the characters are finished, we will start.

14. CharlieHickok-

Sep 18, 2003
    Ladies and Gentleman, meet Karin Cla... uh... Feron Antilles:
    Male Human Soldier 1; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Defense 16 (+3 Class, +3 Dex, +0 Size); Spd 10m; VP/WP 9/16; SV Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +2; FP 1; DSP 0; Rep +0; Str 13, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 10.

Equipment: blaster rifle, comlink, datapad(+2 computer use), glowrod, medpack, security kit, vibroblade

Skills: read/write Shyriiwook, read/write Rodese, disable device +4(+2 ranks +2 security kit), hide +2, sense motive +2, treat injury +4, spot +2, listen +2, search +2

Feats: rapid shot, point blank shot, weapon group proficiency (blaster pistols), weapon group proficiency (blaster rifles), weapon group proficiency (heavy weapons), weapon group proficiency (simple weapons), weapon group proficiency (vibro veapons)

History:

Karin comes from a famous, Corellian, Jedi family.The Claws.The Claw bloodline gave some of the Corellia's most famous Jedi.The family saw it's share of black sheep too.Some of the Claws turned into scoundrels, but the family relations were always good.There was a certain feel of union among the Claws.They protected and helped eachother no matter what.Nothing could tear them apart.They all knew that if something happened to them they could always return to Coronet, to the house where they all were born, and where they would always be welcome.Jedi or scoundrel, they were all the same.
    Strange thing about them, all children were boys, and they all had green eyes.It was like a Claw trademark.

Karin's mother died giving birth to him, but at the time there were many "branches" in the Claw family tree.
    Than the New Order risen.Picking of the Claws one by one.They were forced into hiding and lost contact with eachother.
    Karin and his father retreated to Tatooine,changed their names, and never heard from another Claw again.
    Enraged at the Empire, they joined the Rebellion, in hope that one day, if the Empire fell, they might reclaim their true names, and continue the Claw bloodsline.

15. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    i will have mine up soon. [face_devil]

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Excellent, I will have my character up soon. Thanks guys!

E_S

17. Deak_Alder

Deak_Alder Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2003
    Am i too late to join too. If soo I'll wait for this to end and join the next one.

18. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    I need to change Tharan's Character Sheet, Change his +3.5 Sense Motive Skill to Craft (Lightsaber) +9.

19. CharlieHickok-

Sep 18, 2003
    Nutts!!!
    I forgot to add the +3 con modifier to vitality.

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Speaking of nuts, my GM has my Star Wars book! :( I rolled some stats up; can someone help me work all the little details out?

I'm thinking of playing a Soldier 3, who's been drafted to the Alliance intelligence service. What I've done here is off the top of my head, so if someone could fill in the blanks until I get my book back this weekend I'll make sure I save your @$$ in the game! ;) :)

Garrick Ralter

Male Human Soldier 3; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Defense 15 (+3 Class, +2 Dex); Spd. 10m; VP/WP: 26/16; Atk SZ M; FP 2; Rep. 1

Str 13, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 16.

Equipment: BlastTech DL44 Heavy Blaster pistol, comlink, Medpack

Skills: Piloting +7, ???

Feats: Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster rifles), Weapon Group Proficiency (heavy weapons), Weapon Group Proficiency (vibro weapons), Armor Proficiency (light), Starship Operation (Space Transports), Dodge, Quick Draw.

Background:
    Garrick is a young Alderaanian, who not surprisingly has a bone to pick with the Empire. The youngest of four, his family ran the TransGalactus shipping company, where young Garrett learned his piloting skills. Offworld with his older sister, Cala (Soldier 2/Scoundrel 2), when Alderaan was destroyed, the Ralter siblings worked for a time as pilots for a Hutt gang before earning enough credits to buy their own starship. For the idealistic and determined Garrick, joining the Rebellion was a no-brainer. He and his sister took their battered YT-2000, the Daunting Courage to Tatooine, where their former employer had fingered one Momaw Nador as a Rebel agent. After proving their credentials by participating in an attack against the small Imperial garrison left after Han Solo blasted out of Mos Eisley, Nador cautiously welcomed the two and sent them to a smaller Rebel cell, where they worked since. Split up at Hoth, where Cala was sent to the Rebel fleet at Sullust, Garrick was recruited into Rebel intelligence; his charisma, his contacts in the rim (and knowledge how to make more contacts), and his language choices - Basic and Huttese - meant he could be a valuable asset against Imperial operations rimward. His case officer, Natal Muir, recognised the combat potential honed by young Ralter, and recommended general assignment, rather that rimward work.

Garrick is easy going and projects a calm, albeit alert, air. He trusts very few people but is adept at hiding these feelings from people. He has an annoying tendency to remember a great deal, which suits his line of work but annoys his friends ("Hey, remember when you did this..."). He's a competent pilot and combatant, and is extremely motivated to succeed in intelligence. Muir's private file noted that "There's a fire that burns inside that boy, and it's a dangerous one. It drives him to perform, and I expect it drives him to fight. It's exactly what I needed in an agent..."

(Garrick is losely based on Tom Bishop from the film Spy Game)

As I said earlier, any help would be immensely appreciated, and if possible, reciprocated. :)

E_S

21. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Sure Deak, you can join group 1. Now both groups have 5 players. I would like to cut off the new players now. If another GM steps up, we can have more groups. But for any else that wants to play, I apolligise.

22. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Anyone that would like to switch to the Old Republic group, please send me a PM. I'd much rather be in the Rebellion group.

I love the idea of starting at level 3. The group I play with has done this ever since we started with D20.

Any house rules?

23. DARTH_MARK-22

DARTH_MARK-22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2003
    Is it too late for me to join? This sounds like a lot of fun? And is the Old Republic campaign during the Clone Wars, or is it something earlier?

24. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Sorry DARTH_MARK-22, I would like to keep the groups the size they are now. But do not loose hope. If another GM shows up and agrees to take a group or two there will be plenty of spaces.

25. DARTH_MARK-22

DARTH_MARK-22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2003
    Okay, s'cool. No prob.

No howzabout answering my second question?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.