main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anybody interested on playing a PbP game right here?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by CharlieHickok-, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diverjkc

Diverjkc Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2002
    Before the Clone Wars, but after Epp 1.

2. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Are there any specific roles that you need the party to fill? I've got too many character ideas in my head; a little more detail might help me narrow it down.

3. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Gahh, I really need to change my CHaracter, I Just don't like the idea is et forth anymore, so i'll make a new character.

For the Old Republic Campaign
    Tharan Danlon: Male Human Soldier 3: Init +4 (+4 Dex); Defense 18 (+4 Dex, +4 Class); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 36/17 DR 3; Atk +6 Melee (2d10+5; Vibro-Ax), +7 Ranged (3d8; Heavy Blaster Pistol) or +5/+5 Ranged (3d8/3d6; Heavy Blaster Pistol/Blaster Pistol) or +5/+5 Ranged (3d8, 19-20; Light Repeating Blaster) or +3/+3/+3 Ranged (3d8, 19-20; Light Repeating Blaster) or +3/+3/+3 Ranged (3d8/3d6; Heavy Blaster Pistol/Blaster Pistol) or +1/+1/+1/+1 Ranged (3d8, 19-20; Light Repeating Blaster); SV Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +2; SZ M; FP 3; DSP 0; Rep +1; Str 17, Dex 18, Con 17, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 15.

Equipment: Heavy Blaster Pistol, Blaster Pistol, Light Repeating Blaster, Vibro-Ax, Combat Jumpsuit. (How Many Credits do we start With? I just started with my Weapons, but I want to know what else I can buy or have money to Craft with. Also, are we allowed to start with a starship?)

Skills: Astrogate +7, Craft (Blaster Rifles & Pistols) +7, Craft (Armor) +7, Pilot +9, Repair +7, Treat Injury +6.

Feats: Ambidexterity, Armor Profciency (Light), Multishot, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Group Proficency (Blaster Pistols), Weapon Group Proficency (Blaster Rifles), Weapon Group Proficency (Heavy Weapons), Weapon Group Proficency (Simple Weapons), Weapon Group Proficency (Vibro Weapons).

4. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Since we are starting at lvl 3, whatever your starting credits roll is, add two to the die and 200 to the credit.

Ex. 1d6 x 500 credits ==> 1d8 x 700 credits

Ok, now the old republic group will be involved in less combat than the rebellion group. The rebellion group would be greatly aided by a scout or two. The republicians will need to do some fancy talking, and may need big guns(or lightsabres) if the talking fails. Also, someone with a shipjacker background would make one task of the rebels easier.

5. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    BAH! Guess I'm stuck in the Old Republic game. Sorry if my characters backgroud comes out of left field... I know little about that era. I'll be posting my character shortly.

6. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    Ok, I purchased all my equipment with my starting credits. This is the completed profile. (I assumed that, before level 3, I had enough time to craft anything I wanted to craft. I rolled all the nessicary checks. I crafted all of my Weapons except for the Vibro-Ax and I crafted my armor as well.)

Tharan Danlon: Male Human Soldier 3: Init +4 (+4 Dex); Defense 18 (+4 Dex, +4 Class); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 36/17 DR 3; Atk +6 Melee (2d10+5; Vibro-Ax), +7 Ranged (3d8; Heavy Blaster Pistol) or +5/+5 Ranged (3d8/3d6; Heavy Blaster Pistol/Blaster Pistol) or +5/+5 Ranged (3d8, 19-20; Light Repeating Blaster) or +3/+3/+3 Ranged (3d8, 19-20; Light Repeating Blaster) or +3/+3/+3 Ranged (3d8/3d6; Heavy Blaster Pistol/Blaster Pistol) or +1/+1/+1/+1 Ranged (3d8, 19-20; Light Repeating Blaster); SV Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +2; SZ M; FP 3; DSP 0; Rep +1; Str 17, Dex 18, Con 17, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 15; Height 2M; Weight 105 Kg; Age 25.

Equipment: Blaster Pistol, Combat Jumpsuit, Comlink, Credit Chip, Datapad, Heavy Blaster Pistol, Light Repeating Blaster, Mastercraft Medpack +1, Medical Kit, 10 Power Packs, High Complexity Crafting Tools, Vibro-Ax, 242 Credits. Total Weight Carried: 24.7 KG; Light Load

Skills: Astrogate +7, Computer Use +7, Craft (Blaster Rifles & Pistols) +7, Craft (Armor) +7, Pilot +9, Repair +7, Treat Injury +6.

Feats: Ambidexterity, Armor Profciency (Light), Multishot, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Group Proficency (Blaster Pistols), Weapon Group Proficency (Blaster Rifles), Weapon Group Proficency (Heavy Weapons), Weapon Group Proficency (Simple Weapons), Weapon Group Proficency (Vibro Weapons).

BIO: Tharan Danlon grew up among Middle class politicians in a middle-class family on Courscant. His life seemed boring in the extreme, at least to him, and he seemed merely to drudge though his schooling and life.

When he turned 18 Tharan immediately left to find his own life, away from the political intrigue that was rife in the political scene among his family. He was tired of the dishonor that they brought to him in their attempt to climb up the dirty ladder.

He immediately joined the local defense force, where his large size and abilities were quickly welcomed. He grew out of his bitterness at his parents for their style of life and became a very jovial, good-natured man. With his charming manor and general demenor, he gained many friends among the security force. He has also picked up piloting skills, as well as some crafting skills, in his off time, finding that creating things helps him get some creativity out, as well as make a few credit here and there. Tharan loves the sensation of flying, and is saving up his wages to buy his own starfighter, Perhaps on of the sleek new Z-95 Headhunters.

Also, when do we plan to start the game and what kind of backstory would we need to know (Other than the Basics from the Moives)? I'd like to bring my Bio up froma very generic one to something that is more relevent to ouir current time period.

Also, are we gonna use the color Scheme thingy I presented? I think it would really make this alot of fun.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Character's done, thanks to Diverjkc.

:D

Garrick Ralter

Male Human Soldier 3; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Defense 15 (+3 Class, +2 Dex); Spd. 10m; VP/WP: 32/16; SZ M; Rep. 1
    BAB +3, Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +1, Def +4

Str 13 (+1)
    Dex 14 (+2)
    Con 16 (+3)
    Int 12 (+1)
    Wis 15 (+2)
    Cha 16 (+3)

Skills:
    Astrogate +5,Computer use +3, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (Rebel Alliance) +3, Pilot (DEX) +7, Repair (INT) +5, Treat Injury (WIS) +6

Feats:

Armour Group Proficiency (Light), Weapon Group Proficiencies (Blaster pistol, Blaster rifle, Heavy weapons, Simple Weapons, Vibro Weapons), Quick Draw, Dodge, Heroic Surge

Credits: 2,450

Equipment: BlasTech DL-44 pistol with belt holster, casual clothes, comlink, medpack.

I'm still sans SB, so if any corrections need to be made please let me know. :)

E_S

8. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    This will by copy-pasted to the opening threads when we start.

Group 1:
    It is a desperate time for the rebellion. Tightned Imperial controle and ruthless tactics by the Empire have sent the Rebel fleet into deep space. After the evacuation of Hoth, several of the alliances heros dissapered, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia Organa, and Chewbacca. With this loss, the rebel troops are begening to loose faith. Where are the rebellions heros?

Group 2:
    Random acts of terror have been spreading through the core. Some blame the Trade Federation, but the Viceroy denies all acusations. Others blame rouge Jedi, but the councle clames that there are no rouge Jedi. And more recently, people are beggening to accuse the Republic Intelligance Agency of these random attacks. The Senate will convine this afternoon to appoint a commity to investigate these attacks and determen who, or what is behind them.

That is all you get for now, and don't bother trying to guess my plot, it woln't help.

9. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Oh, yes, I beleave we will use the color scheme, just don't tell the people from the RPF 8-}

This is an official role call, if you are still interested and your name is on the list below, post or send me am IM or PM. Please try to do this by Monday, Tuesday at the latest. After that, if you didn't respond (and don't have a very good excuse) you will be droped and room will be made for others that may want to play.

Group 1, Rebellion:
    CharlieHickok-
    jhc36
    Darth_Digital
    Ender_Sai
    Deak_Alder

Group 2, Republic:
    Quiwan
    MoronDude
    Fingorfin
    dp4m
    Gorin_Zachian

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Red 4, standing by.

I mean, uh, I'm in! :D

ES

11. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    All set and ready to cause havoc.

12. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    I wouldnt mind GM'ing a game if you have more players. Also anybody think we should get a free board and move the game's there? cause this is getting kinda big and we dont want to flood the rpg boards with this.

13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Aren't we playing here, as opposed to the RP forum? ?[face_plain]

E_S

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yep, we're playing here (there will be a couple of new threads created).

And I'm still in (though I need a character).

15. CharlieHickok-

CharlieHickok- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    Ready to blaze some Imps.
    If you'r interested I already have free boards made just for this kind of stuff.

16. Deak_Alder

Deak_Alder Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2003
    Im here sorry I havent posted a character sheet yet I need to get my core from my friend today. Also I too have a board we could use and I think it would be good to move it.

17. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I'm still in, I just need to create a character worthy of your illustrious game.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Guys, we are playing here on the JCC, not elsewhere. :)

E_S

19. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Alright, here is what I've got so far. I still need a name, bio, and equipment.

Male Toong Scoundrel 3
    Init: +9; Defense 18 (+5 DEX, +3 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 17/15; Atk +2 Melee, or +7 Ranged; SQ Social Anxiety, Illict Barter, Lucky (1/day), Percise attack +1; SV Fort +2, Ref +8, Wil +3; SZ M; FP 3; DSP 0; Rep +1;STR 11, DEX 21, CON 13, INT 13, WIS 14, CHA 10

Skills: Balance +9, Computer Use +5, Craft(Blaster Rifles) +7, Disable Device +5, Escape Artist +9, Hide +11, Listen +8, Move Silently +11, Pilot +11, Search +7, Slight of Hand +9, Spot +11

Feats: Weapon Proficiency (Blaster pistols, Blaster Rifles, Simple), Point Blank Shot

Starting credits: 4900 (Now, I need to spend them)

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I think there's no one in our group that plays a Jedi yet. I'll take it.

3rd Level Gotal Jedi Wanderer archetype (Hero's Guide). Info to come... ;)

21. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    I was thinking about this guy last night, and if the GM is OK with the idea, I would like to slightly revise my character.

22. Diverjkc

Dec 9, 2002
    Well, I'm back... I hate working weekends.

Oh well, sure Fing, revise away. I would like to get this off the ground by the middle of the week, so get those sheets rolling. 8-} Well, it time to go to class now, so I will return at a later time.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    bear in mind, tomorrow is a US holiday so some people might not be around (like me!)... ;)

24. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    On the Subject of my Color Scheme i just realized i left one sub-Set out.

Purple Text is used by the GM exclusively, to do the same thing as Red Text does for players. In this way it is easily distinguishable, when quickly scrolling thouhg the thread, which are posts by the GM, and which are posts by Players.

You Could Even use other Text Color for the Different Games, like use Purple for the Old Republic Game and Orange for the Rebellion era game, perhaps.

Anyway, just trying to help, feel free to ignore the whole color Scheme idea, but i think it really helps.

25. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, I was all set to post my character today, but I just re-read the posts, and I saw that the GM said that the Old Republic game would need diplomats, and I made a soldier... not much unlike Gorin's, except mine's a Rodian. So, I'm going to rework my character a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.