main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Anybody Into Getting Together To See The IMAX 3D Spacestation Movie?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Isbeth, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Hey, anybody wanna see the new IMAX at the science center? It is called Space Station 3D and my planetarium friends say it really rocks. Tom Cruise narrates. We can get a group rate depending on how many folks go and then we can go eat somewhere in the Inner Harbour. Whatya think? They have a brand new exhibit to go with it.

By request of Kasjedi, I started a separate thread. This doesn't have to be an official meeting if you don't want it to be. Link is www.mdsci.org.imax/spacestation/

It doesn't start until the 24th. of May, and I think it will run all summer. It is also playing at the Air&Space Museum's IMAX.

2. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    I'd be up for it.

3. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'd be up for it too. Could you post what the prices would be.

4. Vermano

Vermano Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 1999
    I saw an IMAX 3D Movie about sea life a few years ago, and the effect was incredible! People kept ducking from fish and reaching out to touch stuff. A Space Station movie sounds like a really good idea.

5. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Mogook, it is in the link. I think it says we need minimum 2 weeks notice and 15 folks for the group rate which is $6.00. Otherwise it is $8.00.

6. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I think it should be easy to get atleast 15 people.

7. C_3PO

C_3PO Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm going this Thursday 5/23 when I get back from Florida and the Magical Star Wars crap they had there. Hopefully It will be better next year. The pins are cool though! Anyone want some? I've never seen IMAX before but I hope it's as good as digital AOTC...yeah right! Imax Clones would be awesome tho!

8. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    I'd go. Course, it would depend on the date.

kasjedi

9. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    That's what this thread is here for. Propose some possible dates.

I thought it opened May 24th. :confused: Although it is playing right now at the Air & Space's Lockeed Theater.

10. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Why don't we go to the Air & Sapce Museum to see the IMAX film? Its a lot closer for me. It takes me about 45 minutes to get to the MEtro station at Branch and then about 20-25 to the LEnfant Plaza station where I'd get off at. Baltimore is at least an hour and a half drive for me.

11. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    They got a great astronomy exhibit at Air & Space, but MSC has one with a walk-in shuttle and space station. Either is just as far for me.

12. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Saw this at Air & Space yesterday and it is way cool. Here is hoping people would like to go see it at the Maryland Science Center.
    The 3-D effect is incredible!

13. gh0stdevil

gh0stdevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm in if it's at the MSC.

- gh0stdevil

14. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    At the last meeting we discussed the possibility of meeting at the MSC to see the movie in August. Or would people want to go to see it at the Air and Space in DC? Ideas for dates and times and places, maybe lunch in the Inner Harbour. We went to the food court in the mall before and that was cool. There is a Victoria's Secret there, just so you know, as well. And a Barnes and Noble. Chissdude said something before about wanting to eat at ESPN Zone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.