main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anybody know George Lucas's mailing address?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by TurboExtremist, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TurboExtremist

TurboExtremist Jedi Master star 2

Sep 24, 2004
    Does anybody happen to know, or know where I can find, George Lucas's home mailing address? (Postal, not e-mail) I want to send him a letter and I find a hand-written letter is more personal than e-mail. (Plus i'm less likely to be ignored.)

P.S. I apologize if my user name is a little violent. I just typed in any old thing.

Strilo edit: This is going no where.

2. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Why on earth do you think anyone would post his HOME address? Send a letter to LFL or ILM.

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Lucas' mail, business or personal, is handled by his office. He is a busy man and, like any famous person, probably gets a boatload of mail each day.

To quote the Lucasfilm FAQ:

What is Lucasfilm's address?
    Lucasfilm is located in Marin County, California. The mailing address for Lucasfilm is P.O. Box 10228, San Rafael, CA 94912.

Correspondence to George Lucas can be mailed to Lucasfilm at the address above.

He probably won't get to read it -- at least, not for a good long time.

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    I sent GL a letter around Oct-Nov. and got a response in Dec. Wasn't personal, his secatery answered it, but it was a response.

I'll look up the address. I have it here somewhere, I think.

5. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    I take it you didn't send it to the address posted?

6. Anakenobi

Anakenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2004
    I really don't think George would read any fan mails.

I guess he thinks most of it is about fans trying to convince him that he SHOULD make the prequels THEIR WAY.

And we already know what he thinks about that..."I'm making the movies, so I should have it my way"

If I was him..I wouldn't read them too. It would be too tiresome to do it. Even if most were about fans liking what he's doing. Cos by what he has said...he's making the films to please HIMSELF not others.

But hey, good luck!

7. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    I would send a letter but it would be about the size of the worm that tried to swallow the Falcon.

8. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    George Lucas
    A house far far away
    1138 Street
    t4k 21

Give it a try. :p

9. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Man i feel sorry for Lucas. Just imagine the constant fan mail...

10. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    I take it you didn't send it to the address posted?

I don't remember, it's been a year. :p

I don't think it was, through. Soon as I have enough time, I'll look it up.

11. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Yeah, I'd follow Adam's advice.

12. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    He made them for himself? I've made plenty of music for myself and the only person who's heard it is me. If these movies were for him and not US then they wouldn't see the light of day.

The FACT is that these are director's cuts and not the original version we all saw in the theaters and THAT is what needs to be released. Lucas says he's not going to "spend the money" to release the original films well how hard is it to take out the crap you added and put the DVD's out. $150,000,000 in the first day more then covers the cost.

13. Anakenobi

Anakenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2004
    ^^^ If you ever created something artistic, you would know that who you MUST try to PLEASE FIRST is you. Nobody else.

Comedians give this advice to young comedians: "do what is funny to YOU, not what you think is funny to others"...same principle.

Lucas made the films the way he wanted, the way he pleased to make them. He said that IT IS YOUR PREVILIEGE to dislike what he makes.

But that it is HIS right to do what he wants with his creation....and NOTHING will ever change that.

So g'wan and sue him! ;)

14. dudalb

dudalb Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2001
    "Man i feel sorry for Lucas. Just imagine the constant fan mail... "
    That is he probably has two or three Secrataries to filter the fan mail, both Snail Mail and E mail.
    I am pretty sure that Lucas has a "secret" E Mail address that only people who have legitimate business with him know about.

15. TurboExtremist

Sep 24, 2004
    If I send a letter to Lucas c/o Lucasfilm or ILM, because of the large bulk of mail they get I would probably get a form letter or no reply at all in return. That's why I need an address that will get it DIRECTLY to his mailbox. Also, I am not sending another letter just telling him HOW to make the prequels, I want to give him a GOOD REASON to make them the way his fans want them made. Not threaten him, but convince him how much his fans love and are obsessed with his movies, and that he should treat them with respect or else he will lose them. (And don't tell me that deep down he doesn't have respect for his fans!)

16. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    That's why I need an address that will get it directly to his mailbox.

You and eighty thousand other people.

The office is your best bet. Movie directors and/or corporate chairmen generally do not sit down and open their own mail. If they did, they wouldn't have time to do anything else.

Rick McCallum loves you!

17. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I am pretty sure that Lucas has a "secret" E Mail address

ohgreatflanneledone@skywalkerranch.net

or

Salt_N_Pepper_Beard1138@threepiounderground.com

18. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    <<<<,The way his fans want them made>>>>

Well I am a fan.
    And I like them how they are.
    Do I get a vote?

I know you probably mean well, but dont speak for everybody so easily and quickly. I can voice my opinion myself and dont need to nominate anyone else to do it for me.

19. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I think i've got his msn hotmail though

hannevershotfirst@hotmail.com

20. TurboExtremist

Sep 24, 2004
    Ok, maybe not all of them, but it's a known fact that a very large number of Star Wars fans find the prequels inferior to the original trilogy (including me). Some reasons being:

1: Cold, lifeless, fake CGI effects.
    2: Bad acting
    3: Jar Jar Binks

And I would like to write a letter to George Lucas to try and convice him to re-film the prequels like the original films were made.

He absolutely must have a home postal address that he uses secretly for things like personal and important business letters, and there must be at least one person on this forum who knows it! So please let me know it if anyone does.

P.S. I'm sorry it took so long to reply. I use the internet at the library, and I don't go there very often.

21. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    He absolutely must have a home postal address that he uses secretly for things like personal and important business letters

Probably right.

and there must be at least one person on this forum who knows it!

Probably wrong.

If one person on this forum knew it, then everybody would know it, because everyone who'd ever asked for it before would have already received it.

This is how it is with dealing with entertainment industry figureheads or corporate chairmen, and Lucas is both. I mean, you wouldn't expect to be able to write a letter that will easily get directly onto Steven Spielberg's desk, or onto Bill Gates', would you?

Rick McCallum loves you!

22. The_Nameless_One

The_Nameless_One Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    I think Lucas might read one or two mails from time to time, just to have a good laugh at the basement boys who think they know his story better than him ;)

23. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    God... temper rising AGAIN...

**Takes deep breath**

1 and 3 contradict each other.

And 2 just shows how appalingly hypocritical "fans" can be. YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE HOLY TRILOGY ALSO HAD HORRIBLE ACTING AND WAS PANNED BY CRITICS FOR IT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.