main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive anybody know their planets?

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by IcePirate, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcePirate

IcePirate Jedi Master star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    for a game i'm putting together, i need a planet that was part of both the c.i.s. and the c.s.a. anybody have any ideas?

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I am sorry to have to do this and I know I'll feel dumb for not remembering afterwords but what are the C.I.S and the C.S.A. I think the CSA is the Corparate Sector Authority, but the CIS excapes me.[face_thinking]

3. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    CIS = Confederacy of Independent Systems, also known as the Separatists.

And to your question IcePirate, I don't think there is such a planet. I'm not a Master GFFA Cartographer, but there are only a few planets in the CSA that I known of and none of them were a part of the CIS. You could just make one up... or perhaps there is some other mechanism you could use, I don't know. Why do you want this planet to be former-CIS AND within the CSA? :confused:

~ DS5

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Make up your own.

This list on Star Wars wiki ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Separatist-aligned_planets ) shows CIS planets, and none match any of the Corporate Sector ones that I know about, eg. anything from Brian Daley's Han Solo Trilogy, so unless someone else comes up with better information, I reckon you have to make up something.

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    You wont find any CSA planets aligned to the CIS during the Clone Wars. The Corporate bureaucrats were in favor of Palpatine's Republic because it meant big business for them.

6. IcePirate

IcePirate Jedi Master star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    how about a cis planet that neighbored csa territory?

7. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Not according to Wookieepedia's history of the Corporate Sector Authority.

Strictly speaking the Corporate Sector Authority did not exist until Palpatine came to power. The Authority was basically Palpatine's Empire established in financial terms over the Corporate Sector. The Authority assumed control over the Corporate Sector, and many of those corporations which had supported Palpatine (Kuat Drive Yards, Sienar Fleet Systems, etc) had a hand in establishing it.

But the Corporate Sector existed before the rise of the Empire. Most of the Sector was sympathetic to the CIS cause, and (on the Wookieepedia version) given its capital was Etti IV it's likely Etti IV satisfies both criteria: part of the Corporate Sector, and sympathetic to the CIS. Indeed pretty much any planet in the Corporate Sector should satisfy that requirement. The only thing to keep in mind is that Etti IV's at the far end of the Tingel Arm, and thus would have been out of the conflict for much of the Clone Wars. Obviously there's no recorded conflicts between the CIS and the Republic on Etti IV; even the Outer Rim sieges don't seem to have extended that far.

8. Sirius_Scott

Sirius_Scott Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2007
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Corporate Sector mostly sided with the Confederacy, and took in the remnants of the Droid army. So, it's pretty fair to pick any Corporate Sector planet.

Its a CIS Remnant in many ways.

10. LordDarthUmbrus

LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I like Bonadan.

Although Wookiepedia doesn't say it was a part of the Corporate Alliance, which was expanded into the Corporate Sector Authority, it was the important system in the CSA. Sort of the Capitol System.

As the 'seed system' for the CSA it would stand to reason that it may have been part of the Separatist Corporate Alliance at some time during the Clone Wars.

11. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    This is all kind of amusing, given the initial question was back in January sometime and we haven't seen IcePirate since ... :p

12. LordDarthUmbrus

LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    :p ~shrugs~

Its a good question, though. Maybe it will help someone else.

13. Beta-Commando

Beta-Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2007
    Actually, IcePirate was last seen here in June... or at least in this thread. However, Etti IV would be the best choice, as it's just the kick-butt of all the CSA planets, and was definately a CIS sympathsizer.

And yes, I do know my planets. How many other people know there's an Entooine, Eclipse, or even Xagobah? Or someone who know's Tatooine isn't in Hutt Space? So how did Jabba manage to slither there? I wish I knew... But I bet few people know of Druckenwell. So, do I know my planets? o_O

Of course I do! :D

EDIT: Well, anyone who studies E.S.P.'s (Not sure of his real name...[face_thinking]) galaxy map knows their planets. ;)

14. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    THe Dejuric Crime family controlled it, that was Jabba's family. Another family controlled Nar Shadaa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.