Lg.Is, NY Anybody know where to find digital theaters?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by theemperorsnewgroove, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah it'll be cool to meet you. I suspect we'll get there an hour or two early to get a decent seat and it should be a good time on lione meeting all our fellow Star Wars maniacs.
    Zenwave, you'll know were there because you'll see the Moorglade Mover in the parking lot. Look for it. --Billy
  2. Mr_Keebler Jedi Knight

star 1
    most of teh US'a in suffolk have at least one didgi theatre
  3. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    So far as were told, that even if the theatre is digital, they may not recieve the digital print of ROTS.
    I hear ROTS has two additional scenes than the regular print. --Billy
  4. zenwave Force Ghost

star 1
    Billy, et al, see you all in the lot tomorrow night - I'll be wearing my RoTS black t-shirt . . . it's gonna be great!
  5. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Zenwave
    I think were gonna get to the line at 10 PM. Does that sound like a reasonable time for everybody?
    That;ll give me a chance to take a nap after work.
    I'll look for your black ROTS shirt but Im guessing you might not have the only one.
    I'll be wearing an ESSO Gasoline jacket.
    We'll probably get there at 10 and check out how long the line is, and then maybe get some Burger King and the toys of course.
    Cant wait! --Billy
  6. RXTbone Jedi Padawan

Does anybody know what server is being used for the digital projection? QuVIS? MPEG2? God, I hope it's QuVIS - it's the only digital system I've seen yet that doesn't produce artifacts...
  7. zenwave Force Ghost

star 1
    It ain't gonna be digital at the Farmingdale UA Stadium 10 . . . . but it's gonna rock nonetheless!
  8. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Jon, Great to meet you. We'll hope to see you again soon. We might try to do another gathering at the Farmingdale theatre next week. --Billy
  9. zenwave Force Ghost

star 1
    Same here Billy . . .

BTW, I saw RoTS in digital at the Ziegfeld on Saturday: no added scenes on the digital print - but you have to see it at the "Zig" - the fact that the walls are covered in royal red velvet matching Paplpatine's bodyguards in worth the price of admission alone!

I'd definitely be up for another viewing there if anyone else is going . . .
  10. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
    I love the Ziegfeld! I'm up for seeing it there.
  11. MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm surprised that there isnt additional scenes? I expect Shaak Ti to be in an extra scene. Nothing at all huh? --Billy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.