main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anybody out there in the Salt Lake area?

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by DarthJago, Dec 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    There has to be a few. Anybody there?

2. greatjedi

greatjedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2000
    Hi DarthJago, I'm new to the jedi council, and I live in SLC.

3. DarthJago

Nov 15, 2000
    Hi GreatJedi!

4. JediKermit

JediKermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    I'm new here too--I'm in SLC, I usually post in the TPM area, but I'm just now branching out and seeing the rest of Jedi Council and what's goin on.

JediKermit

http://www.quinnarama.com

5. thx3811jc

thx3811jc Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2000
    I live in Salt Lake too. Iusually just check out TFN for news about SW.

6. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    kinda far from Salt Lake myself, but still able to check things out

7. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Guess I killed this thread.

8. DarthJago

Nov 15, 2000
    Was it ever alive?

9. Matara_Healbo

Matara_Healbo Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2000
    Hey I guess you guys got a new member into the Salt Lake chapter. Lets try and liven this place up what do you think?

10. Darion_Blade

Darion_Blade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2001
    I am up to get this going I dont have a lot of time with the show and all but willing to do what I can. hello????
    anyone out there
    Darion

11. DarthJago

Nov 15, 2000
    Yeah I'm still here. I'm not dead.

12. Darion_Blade

Jan 25, 2001
    cool,
    how are you into sw
    you read, movies, toys, ccg, rpg?
    or are you like me all.
    Darion

13. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I'm not much into the card games or the role playing things only because I don't know how to play them. I mostly read the books and watch the movies. Nothing to big. Oh yeah my friends think I'm crazy because I own four copies of the trilogy on casset. I had to have widescreen.

14. Darion_Blade

Jan 25, 2001
    Tell your friends you are nowhere near crazy,
    I have run a talk show about star wars for two years. 90 two hours shows.
    I own action figures, posters, and well your just not that bad. hehehe
    Darion

15. DarthJago

Nov 15, 2000
    I like the movies although I don't watch them that much, same with the books on the movies. I also play Star Wars CCG and Young Jedi CCG a little. I also make Star Wars movies with my friends, although they aren't that great, except for laughs, nothing hi-tech like sounds or glowing sabers.

16. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Do you remember some where on-line about a movie called Duel of the Fakes? Well one of my friends went up to school with the guy that was Obi-Wan I think. He was going to make me a copy of the movie but then she came home and I never got to meet him.
    What station is your Jedi talk thing on? I have a few action figures and the little cake toper things from Bakers Cash and Carry. I had to bribe my little brother into buying them for me, also when Artice Circle (yuck) was giving those same things out in the kids meals my friends and family were giving me theirs so now I have two of some of them.
    I don't think I'm real big on collecting the actual SW things. I prefure to make my stuff, in one of my ars and crafts class I took in High School I sand blasted mirros of SW characters. One has the good guys from TPM; Anakin, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Padme in the cornors with Queen Amidalaa in the middle in her final dress of the show. Another one has the bad guys of the movies; Sebulba, Watto, Darth Sidious and Vader in the cornors and a cool drawing my friend did of Darth Maul in the center. The final one is the good guys from the originals. Luke, Han, Obi-Wan and Leia in the corners and in the middle Leia and Han kissing. I got extra points for that one because the you can actually see the out line of the lips. I also made some TIE fighter book ends but my teacher tought they were bombs so she kept of breaking them and then finally she asked a class and they told her they were TIE fighters so I only had one survive out of the original 5. Now that one is in some dump because it fell of my cedar chest and broke the solar panel off and that was not fixable. I also do my own dot art of SW I threw away my latest and only one because my dog stepped on it and ripped it in half.

17. Darion_Blade

Jan 25, 2001
    cool,
    an artist. Jedi Talk is on jeditalk.com
    and the station is radioevolution.com
    later
    Darion

18. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I am no where near an artist okay. These are copies from coloring books that I glued onto lamanating stuff and placed on a mirror. There was no art involved. I just needed the art credit and I can't act my way out of a paper bag. The TIE fighters were easier then anything else, but they were very delicate becasue of how thin the wings had to be. It doesn't help when people keep putting their #$%@ coil pots on top of them a crushing the solar panels beyond recognition.

19. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Do you have an Imperial Costume? Are you thinking about building one? Then join the Fighting 501st Stormtrooper Legion. Email me for details.

ti622@yahoo.com

2001...the year the Empire conquers Earth!

TI-622
    Combat Air Support Sqdn Cmdr
    725th Alpine Stormtrooper Company
    http://www.redaxe.org/725/
    501st Stormtrooper Legion / Vader's Fist
    http://www.501st.com
    MESS WITH US AT YOUR OWN PERIL!

20. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Hey all you SLCrs, my friends and I started a book club. We want to go to different places to disscuss the books, do any of you guys know any good places where people can talk. You know big places put you can also be in your own groups.

21. Darion_Blade

Jan 25, 2001
    I would sudjest coffee bars, they are great for that kind of disscussion. Let me know when you doing it I would love to come
    Darion Blade

22. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    We were thinking more on the lines of a park or something like that. There are some around my house but they hold Rugby matches there on Saturdays. I'll tell you where and when, one condition though, you have to have read the book. It's A Hero Born by Micheal A Stackpole. I will also have to talk to my friends about having someone join us, we did discuss it at our last meeting so I have to bring it up with them. I'm glad you want to join though. If they don't join maybe we could have our own book club sort of thing here at the SLC board. Chose a book, and on a certain date we start to discuss it.

23. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I'm sure none of you really care but since no one else is posting anything I might. I finished Shadow Hunter a few weeks ago. It's very interesting, not what I expected but good.

24. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    I know we are not supposed to put up links to other boards but his is my frist time and I want the people in Utah to read my fanfiction. http://www.fanfiction.net/index.fic?action=directory-authorprofile&UserId=39917

I would like to know what others think of them and not just my friends. Sorry again for putting up the link.

25. Matara_Healbo

Nov 17, 2000
    Have any of you ever gone dancing at 'The Bay'? Is it fun or lame?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.