main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Anybody Play Galaxies?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Ayn, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Just wondering if anybody here plays galaxies. I got Galaxies: The Total Experience around Christmas time but havnt tried it out yet, because of also playing Battlefront II and KOTOR I and II. Im starting to do a little reading up on galaxies since Ive never played a massively multiplayer before. If anybody has a any favorite reference sites or advice/info, Id be interested in hearing about it.

2. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    I have been playing Galaxies almost since Day 1. I'm on Intrepid server and play a Smuggler. Stick to the tutorial 'til you are ready to venture off the station. The more experience of game play you get there will benifit you the most. As for an MMO, it is very emerisive with tons of stuff to do. As for the SW experience, it is very cool to travel to most of the locations from the movies. The latest expansion puts you on Mustafar which is very cool, but the planet is filled with tough creatures and difficult quests. I play just about every day for a few hours, usually after 5pm PST.

3. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Just checked my email and the 30 day trial info was there. So maybe tonight Ill get it out and give it a try. Looks like I have An Empire Divided, Jump to Lightspeed, and Rage of the Wookiees. Looks like fun! (already preparing to be spending MUCH more time at the computer! LOL)

4. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    My ign is Ceric. Intrepid server. Smuggler, scoundrel, and sometimes good guy. I'm more of the adventure seeker, not much of a pvp'r. I hunt loot for display purposes. I'm not in this for anyone's revolution, but maybe when the time comes I'll pick a side.

5. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Cool, Im on Intrepid too Ill look for you next time Im on. So far Ive been playing around in the tutorial. Been kind of splitting my time with Galaxies, KOTORII, Battlefront. Maybe someday Ill get up from my computer, LOL!

6. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    What's happened?? I signed on to Galaxies to complete a few missions, next thing I knew, its 4 AM and the server is going down! This is not going to be a productive day. :) (yawn)

7. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    I've done that a few times. Makes for a very tough work day. What's your in game name? Maybe we can hook up.

8. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Sure, My character is Grapirr, a wookiee trader.

What's up with the Trials of Obi-Wan? An ad pops up everytime I log on. Awhile back I read (on Gamespot, if Im remembering correctly) that there were issues with it, to the point that they were giving refunds. Just wondering if I should buy it or not.

9. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    If you think you can handle the toughest quests and creatures in the game, then ToOW is it. The refunds were for people who felt they were disenfranchised by pre ordering ToOW, playing the expansion, then finding out that 2wks later they released a patch known as NGE which completely change the whole game's mechanics. But I like ToOW, and all the cool quests and loot. Plus it's a friggin' Volcano planet with Lava.

10. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Im not at all ready for the tougher quests, since leaving the tutorial area, much of my game time has been spent just exploring. But thats good info to know, Im sure Ill want to check it out after awhile.

11. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Check the main galaxies site, for a feature on the Hunter's Map. It will be archived by now but they're Great maps that show you all of the planet's layout of creture Combat LvLs.

12. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    I created my force-sensitive wookiee character yesterday. Arribacca, also on Intrepid. He got up to level 13, then it was time for dreaded server shut down.

13. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006

Actually, Gaarbacca is the name I ended up with, Arribacca was the first one I tried and was already taken.

14. medfordforcemaster

medfordforcemaster Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    yeeeah.....I started it when it came out, played for 6 months, than had to stop cuz of unemployment. that was what, 4 years ago? yeeeeeah......I haven't played it since. been too busy with world of warcraft. lol

15. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Galaxies has quickly become my all-time favorite game. I havnt had much work coming in lately, so Ive gotten a lot of game time in recently. I highly recomend it if anybody is thinking of trying it out.

16. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Jawafett, any problems logging on to Intrepid? Ive made several attempts this AM and no luck. [face_worried] I created a "test" character on Shadowfire and was able to log on to that one just fine.

17. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    I'm going to Seattle for the 2006 SWG Summit this Sat Apr 14th. I'm taking my brother and a few other players to see what the devs have in store for SW Galaxies future. Hopefully they'll talk about good things to come and better understanding of the community. They announced that there will not be an expansion to release for this year so the devs attention will now have better focus on community needs and fixing outstanding issues. They released a "road map" for future pubs and what's in store for those. Things are looking better for SWG IMHO as I have been playing since day 1, as I have seen an increase in vets returning and new players emerging in starting characters. Will pass on info here as I gather it.
    Ceric- smuggler, Intrepid server.

18. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    I will be attending as well. Although I only started playing recently, I enjoy the game immensely and play for several hours almost everyday. So, Im glad to see the developers are interested in talking to players and really focusing on improving the game. Since it is being held in Seattle, Im hoping to get into town early enough to check out the Sci Fi museum also.

Gaarbacca, Jedi, Intrepid Server

19. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    I have to say Bravo to SOE/LUCASARTS for putting on a great SWG Summit 2006 series. For a online gaming developement team to come out to the community to see and hear what the player base has to say about the game they make for us to play was AWESOME! The games' Producer and Developers put out the info for the game's future and it's going to be great. Lots of new Game Content, Profession upgrades, continued storyline quests, Galactic Civil War Battlefields and Events, and of course bug fixes. Still that is alot of stuff to put forth to the community for testing before approval to the Live game. They made their appologies and made their reasons for stuff that went bad in the past, but we're beyond all that. The idea is what is in store for SWG to continue to become a great MMO, which it is IMO. It was cool to ask personal questions to the developers, and to hear their answers. The had a raffel for Tshirts, game cards, hats, and a few rare Event posters, plus a poster of the ingame reward painting which was very cool. Plus the Event was very packed of players who care very much for a simple video game. But the chance to play in the SW Universe and make a name for yourself is FUN!

If you ever get the chance to see any kind of Event for a SW property, Do it. They know how to put on a good show.
    If you left the game, now would be a good time to come back and see the changes, and enjoy a growing SW environment.

-Ceric, Smuggler
    Intrepid Server

20. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    New pub28. Lots of BH and Jedi ability additions. Player bounties are back. Ability to go "Special Forces" anywhere is a cool feature, now we dont have to go to the faction recruiter to enact PVP status. New loots and more of them. Armor restrictions lifted. Just lots of cool stuf to do. Things are looking better for SWG with each new pub. Goodtimes.

21. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    If anyone is interested in playing, there is always the 14 day trial download.

22. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Thanks for the reminder, Eric!

[Kyle goes off in search of Demo]

23. Ayn

Mar 4, 2006
    Just remember to choose the Intrepid galaxy so you can have some adventures with Ceric and Gaarbacca if you decide you like it enough to go beyond the demo/tutorial stuff. Hope you enjoy the game as much as I do!

24. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Begun the Galaxies trial has.

I just activated my account and am downloading the update files in order to play the demo...

-Kyle

25. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    First impressions: Pretty fun. I can't tell if it's "pay per month" fun -especially when I'm trying to justify the expense of Clone Armor- but it was fun. Am I right in assuming that when I join the Intrepid, there are probably other people going through the trials with me? I saw a few folks running around.

Next time I am in, I will see if I can figure out how to chat.

My screen/login name is grumpydevil but my character name is "Khayahl Kruhhklak" (Trandoshan/Bounty Hunter)...

-Kyle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.