main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Anybody up for a bit of fun?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sionnach_Dearg, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    I had forgotten until last night that my mom is away this weekend, and I therefore have the house to myself. I know it's kinda last-minute, but if anyone wants to, I was thinking of having a "celebration of spring" dinner (or just munchies, depending on how many we are). It's a week late for Groundhog day, but ah well. PM me or leave a note here if you're interested!

2. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Well, obviously too late for Saturday night. :( I was enjoying a very rare game of Everquest over at a friend's house tonight. Sorry we couldn't do it, Sionnach. :(

Is anyone up for a movie sometime next week? I wouldn't mind driving folks out to the Caprice in Langford, and it's pretty inexpensive at that theatre...

Alternatively, we could always just show up on Alakin's doorstep with a few videos or DVDs, since I know he's been looking forward to hosting a meet. How about it, Al?

- Rani

3. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Just let me know what night for hosting something and how many people will be showing up. Would have to decide whether or not to fold up and hide the futon or not.

4. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Hmmm..we appear have gone into a lull. Anyone still alive and well around here?

5. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
  6. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    YJN wrote:

"(no message)"

Looks like someone's making progress with inproving their constructive input skills around here...

Alakin, I think we're still waiting to hear details (i.e. pricing, times, group rates, address, etc.) from Dawn re. the lazertag she offered to organize. Depending on the wheres and whens we decide on, perhaps we can meet either before or after the lazertag.

While we're waiting, does anyone in Victoria have any other ideas for an activity?

- Rani

7. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    1) There is absolutely no need to be confrontational or to be "starting something", and thus only serving to breed a negative and distinctly unwelcoming atmosphere. From my vantage point, YJN did absolutely nothing wrong. And, thus - I truly do not see the need for further confrontational or hostile, defensive attitudes. They will serve absolutely *no* good at all; I would presume that's obvious by now.

2) I have not, in fact, deigned to gather that information regarding laser tag; I have very good reason for choosing not to do so, and indeed, to "leave it be" for the time being at least. Of course, given as how I suspect that I have made my frustrations and deep concerns regarding this entire matter *very* evident and prevalent on more than one occasion in the past....well, what more can I say, really? It would only lead me to feel even more that I am essentially beating my head against a brick wall over and over again, futilely and ad infinitum, for all the good it does....and all the headway that I'm making in so doing. Which is, I cannot help but feel, absolutely none at all. That, succinctly put, is the reason why.

Dawn.

8. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Okay, Dawn. Thanks for stating your opinion so succintly. It is not shared by everyone in this forum, however, and those others have the right to state their opinions as well. I don't know what YJN intended by his post, but with his history here, it could be interpreted as confrontational: recall the old saying, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". His <no message> could easily be seen as a pointed way of "nothing nice". Am I mistaken in that interpretation, YJN?

As to the club: Activity is on the wane, it is temporary, I'm sure. There was a lot of interest in the laser tag idea, but if you have not deigned to do as you had offered, then I will do what I can to pick up that slack, although with having to go attend my father in hospital and recovering myself from both the flu and a mild concussion, it may be a while. I'm getting better, thanks for asking.

People have lives, even our people. Rani has a job. I have a job. Sionnach's prolly working two, and Kurt does enough hours for two. Weren't you starting a course? People have lives and can't always be online. Indeed, until I get a working pooter of the required OS level, I'm offline except sporadically. My participation in the forum is curtailed, but not in the club.

I'm starting a new thread for event planning, similar to the way Tipoca (yer eyes out) City has done, so we can discuss what's up in the near and far future, as this thread won't really work for that what with all the acrimony in the air.

*Derisa*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.