Mary Anybody up for a midnight Toys-r-Us run on 4/23?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by sithspawn35, Feb 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    True, but none of those trips were at midnight or later.
  2. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    True, but I have gone to Baltimore after midnight.
  3. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright folks, it looks like we can now call TRU for to see what stores are participating. The # is 1-800-TOYSRUS (1-800-869-7787). I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow morning.
  5. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I gave them a call, but their recording had no mention of the midnight run. By sometime this week they should say something about it. TF.N posted an ad poster from TRU about the midnight run and it said to call the # for participating stores. The poster probably isn't officially released by TRU yet, that explains the reason for no mention I suppose.
  6. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Let us know what you find out!
  7. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
  8. MrSkinnee Force Ghost

star 3
    I went to the TRU in Towson and asked about the Midnight Madness. They didn't know at the time, but the woman I talked to said they might have it since they had it when TPM toys cae out last time. I'm going to go back and check it out in a few days to see if they've gotten word in about it.

John
  9. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks. Keep us posted.
  10. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Have we found an open TRU yet? No luck down my way. We gotta face facts.....It's less than a week away, If they dont know by now, chances are they are not opening.
  11. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, as much I'd hate to admit it, I think the list of stores is accurate for the most part. I called TRU in Glen Burnie and they said they weren't gonna be open at midnight. Our only chance for a Maryland run might be to go to Walmart. There's a Walmart in Glen Burnie that is open 24 hours. But that doesn't mean they'll put the toys out. I'll give them a call and see what's going on.
  12. MrSkinnee Force Ghost

star 3
    I think that I'm going to make the trip out to Sterling, VA for this. I live on the east side of the Baltimore beltway and from there it's only about an hour or so drive out there. Not too bad. I've already taken off work to go somewhere for this so why not? Anyone else want to come along?

John
  13. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    How far is the Christiana TRU from you all?
    (In Newark, DE) It's two hours for me,........But I am willing.
  14. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    Hell, if you are going to Sterling, you might as well come to Wallmart in Martinsburg, WV it is only one and one-half hours away and the so-called "Clones" party. The Martinsburg Walmart is open 24 hours. Don't think much will be happening there except the usual shiftworkers grocery shopping wondering why people are walking around in weird clothes.
  15. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm gonna see what the 24 hour Walmart in Glen Burnie is doing.

sithspawn, you should just travel here to Walmart. Atleast you'll be able to hang out with other people, it should be closer, and Walmart's gonna be cheaper according to the computers.
  16. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    Well I just went on a TRU/Walmart toy hunt and got all of the preview figures I could find and the Jedi Starfighter. If your looking for any, go to the TRU in Laurel. They have the most of the preview toys and the Jedi Starfighter. As for the midnight toy thing, they didn't have a clue as to if they are opening or not. Is the one in Glenn Burnie going to be open?
  17. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    The TRU isn't doing the midnight thing, but there is a 24 hour Walmart in Glen Burnie. I'll call them and find out if they'll be putting the figures out.
  18. JediDovgani Jedi Master

star 1
    Oh wow! I wish I was older so I could come on one of these "midnight Toy runs"! Unfortunately, I can't even drive a car yet! (Ha ha! Now you all feel really old, right?? J/k! :) ) Anyway, I guess it's something to look forward to when I'm older..Have fun guys!!
  19. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    OK gang, the clock is ticking away. Where is everybody heading tomorrow night at this time? Inquireing minds want to know.
  20. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I think I'm gonna head to Walmart. I found out that the Walmart in GB isn't 24 hours, just open till midnight. I gave them a call to find out what they're doing. They didn't even know what I was talking about. But they said to talk to management about it. I told them there'd be a big crowd outside waiting. [face_laugh] The woman was surprised.
  21. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I guess I am lucky, all of my local Walmarts are 24hrs. So I am going to hike (I think) to Seaford DE (14 miles away)where it is tax free. save some daubers for Indianapolis.
  22. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Whatever's easiest for you. I hope I can get a store around here to give up the goods.
  23. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would come up there....but I'd like to be at target at 8:00 when they open. They have some exclusives! I wouldn't want to miss out on that!
  24. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you know what the exclusives will be?
  25. sithspawn35 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Alot Of ROTJ stuff, some Empire stuff, an AOTC ship, and an AOTC playset. That's all I know of.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.