main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Anybody up for a midnight Toys-r-Us run on 4/23?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by sithspawn35, Feb 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Cool.

2. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    I thought so. That's why I'd hate to pay for a hotel room to come up there to a Walmart and then one of your targets in the Morn. And I'd never make it to my Taget in the morning if I went up there that night.

3. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Right, that's completely understandable.

4. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Now that it's the day before, who's still going through with the midnight run?

5. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I'll try to go if there is a store nearby that will be opening at midnight, but most of the one's I spoke with either don't know or won't be doing it at all.

:::[face_sigh]::: :(

6. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm very surprised at the lack of advertising for AOTC. TPM was over the top and AOTC is nothing at all. For Episode III, I hope there is something in the middle.

7. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    My Walmart in Martinsburg is 24 hrs. and they are still advertising the "Clones" party with dressed up staff and free food and shopping all night. Books and toys out at midnight.

8. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Here is a checklist for you guys heading out tonight. I guess I am gonna miss out on it cause there are no stores in my area doing the midnight thing, but by golly, I will be there tomorrow morning!!! I just have to make an excuse to get off work.

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Don't feel so bad, DRK_HLMT, there's not any in my area either. Broadcastah and I are still gonna try to get Walmart to put the figures out later tonight, before they close at midnight. If they don't it, I'll be there tomorrow morning getting all the figures.

10. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Well I made the trek down to Sterling, Virginia last night for the midnight madness sale. I actually got down there at around 4 p.m., expecting a long line since there were no Maryland store doing the sale. (Someone else finally showed up around 9:30). First off, it wasn't really madness. NOTHING at all like when TPM figures went on sale. It was all fairly civilized and orderly. Sure there were lots of people there, but there was a commradery(?) amongst everyone. People helped out each other with the figures they were looking for. I ended up spending about $120 last night. Then I woke up early this morning and went to the Toys R Us right by me and got a few of the figures that weren't in Sterling last night (another $35). THEN I drove to the closest Wal-Mart and lo and behold I got my hands on the LAST YODA FIGURE THERE!!! JOY AND ELATION!!! So the grand total came to about $180. How much did you all spend?

John

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I spent around $120 this morning when Walmart opened up at 6am. I also got the Yoda cover soundtrack.

12. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Personally I'd say I spent close to $300 total. I got all 4 deluxe figures, all 27-30 figures (whatever the final total is). I got the 2 Coruscant speeders and the Reek beast. I then got the movie poster cover of the soundtrack.

13. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Did anybody get the book?

14. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I got the book at Target. They have it for $18.20. That's the cheapest I've seen. Waldenbooks is around $22.

15. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    Wal-Mart has it $17.46

16. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    D'oh. I'll have to go there to get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.