main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Anybody watching Dr. Who? Pop in and discuss here...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    I'm talking about the new ones... but if you're a fan of the old ones... here is a place for you as well...

Series 3 DVD comes out next week (I think)...

Might have a watch party soon...

2. solo71

solo71 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2007
    I've been a huge Dr Who fan since I was a kid, watching the Tom Baker episodes on my local PBS. I'm a fan of the old and new. We canceled our satelite service at the begining of the summer and missed seeing it on Sci Fi, but a friend of mine "procured" all the episode 3 episodes for me already. Don't ask, dont tell.

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Mainly a fan of the old (specially Tom Baker and lil K-9) I'm beginning to like the new ones :D kind'a addicting.

For giggles... "Are you my mummy?"

4. solo71

May 22, 2007
    The great thing is that, like with Star Wars and comic book super heros, Dr Who is yet another of my childhood passions that I have gotten my kids into. We've been pikcing up the dvd's of the original series (mostly Tom Baker; the best, and so far one of John Pertwee, the 3rd doctor). Have about 10 or 12 dvd's so far, which each have 4 to 6 episodes each...basicaly, one complete story arc per disc. We have gotten into the new series as well since it started a couple of years ago. My 10 year old said that the "Blink" episode really scared him. Funny thing...a high school friend, someone my own age, said the same thing. What a nancy!

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I didn't like "Blink".... Now I can't look at a statue in the same way... (You never know)

But, I haven't seen a lot of the old ones...

The Tom one you mention....Is the the one with the "fantastic" scarf...

"I have a banana"

6. solo71

May 22, 2007
    That's correct. Tom Baker. Always wore the really cool, really long scarf. He used to always say of the scarf; "it was given to me by Madame Nostrodomus. She was such a witty nitter." Also known for his very curly hair, and love of Jelly Bellies.

To me, he has always been the best Doctor, followed closely by the third Doctor, John Pertwee. I never cared for any of the Doctors after Baker, until the new series started, with Chris Eccelson (sp) in the role.

7. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Is that the weeping angels one? That was FREEEEEAKY! It really spooked me, but I thought it was one of the best of the season. Is it always a Summer thing? When will the next season start? Is there always a new girl every season? I was disappointed about Martha.

8. solo71

May 22, 2007
    It's not supposed to be a new girl every season, but that is the way it has seemed lately. The new seasons air first on BBC, then get picked up later on Sci Fi. Last 3 seasons have started early summer here in the states.

9. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Figured I'd bump this one up as we're into Series 4 now.

Donna Doctor Friend!!!

I'm enjoying this new season/series (depending on what side of the pond you're on...)

I particularly love that the brought back the Ood... Gotta love the Ood...

But thats just me...

10. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Don't like Donna much. I MISS MARTHA!!!!

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    But Martha is back... At least for the episode with the Sonarins (sp?)
    And if you watch Partners in Crime closely.... Well... Theres a LOT
    of foreshadowing going on.

This Friday is part 2 of the Sonarin one and its got Martha in it...
    Martha even had a cameo in Torchwood...

Personally I liked the Dr Who confidential with the Pompei (sp?)
    tour guide!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.