main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

anybody working on the naboo arrival gown?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by HRH-Dior-Daala, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HRH-Dior-Daala

HRH-Dior-Daala Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    hi

i was wandering if any one is working on that gown?
    i checked f.a.q and did not see the dress mentioned

i liked to compared notes
    later
    dior

2. FERDALUMP

FERDALUMP Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Hi there-I went few pages of posts and couldn't find one for this dress (?) maybe it was discussed in the Padme Dresses thread. I think it is usually referred to as the purple and gold dress-or travelling dress. Anyways- I personally have not heard of anyone working on it around here. I am on a quest to re-create all of Padme's Episode II dresses EXCEPT this one. I personally don't like it at all :( I've read that it is completely hand embroidered all over, and the lace piece is one-of-a-kind. The headpiece was constucted out of something like piano wire and then bronzed on top of the structure. I feel for the hours and hours I would need to put into it, I would have to like it a whole lot. You can see some great pictures here
    the padawans guide
    Good Luck in your quest-if you have any specific questions about sewing or anything else you might come across while constructing this dress I can try to offer you some help.
    Ferd :)

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    If it's the AOTC Gold-Mustard, 2 headress Padme Travelling Gown you refers to, then Nostradamus had made one for her girl.

That was the first gown I fall in love with and wanted to do (the White Battlesuit was second ;) ) but money and supply got better of me. And I have to start and complete my "accurate but customized" Sabe Black Travel Gown first before I attempt on this baby. Unless I found the exact/similar broice(sp?) fabric and lace as used for the gown. :p

EDIT: I forget Geocities don't allow remote linking. :(

4. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    I think I discussed everything that I did for that costume, the gold & burgundy costume, in the 2002 costume projects thread
    and there are a few pictures of it on my site.
    I need to take some pictures of Quincy in the other headpiece soon.
    She will be wearing it again next week end and again at DragonCon.

5. ObI-WaN-JeDi-GuRl

ObI-WaN-JeDi-GuRl Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2002
    Try using Simplicity Pattern: 8735.

The fabrics are the same colour and will look great.

6. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Simplicity 8735? Really? I don't think the two are all that similar.

The traveling gown, according to the Padawans Guide (edit: her page on it here), is based on a Russian ball gown; the pattern (aka the "Ever After" pattern) is for Italian Ren. Big difference in styles. The only thing similiar about the two, in my eyes, are the sleeves, and only because they are as full as they are.

7. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    I just bought the new SW Insider, and there's a very good close up of Natalie in the dress from about the shoulders up on page 43. Very detailed embroidery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.