anyone been to DisneyWorld?

Discussion in 'Grand Rapids, MI' started by ps2_jedi, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ps2_jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    soo I am going to Disney World from March 25th through april 2nd (actually I will be at the actually I will be at the actual mouse-world from the 27th to the 29th, but that dosnt matter :p) anyways I can't wait (27 days w00t) has anyone else been there? I am definatley gonna ride the star wars ride at MGM, and if no one has been there yet, I will most definatley be posting pics!
  2. rvqavalon Jedi Knight

star 2
    The Star Tours ride at MGM is awesome, and if you get a chance to see the Indiana Jones stunt show, do it! It's great. My favorite park is Animal Kingdom--I could easily have spent a couple days there, and I *loved* the Kilamanjaro Safari--that's the only ride I remember where you really get to go see animals for real. The Kali River Rapids is a great one, too, but be prepared to get wet! The bird show is also awesome. Take lots of pictures of everything--you won't be sorry! :)
  3. pretender Jedi Master

star 2
    Basically I second what rvqavalon said. I last went in 2000.

The whole parks are awsome, I happen to also enjoy the old school rides: Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribean. The safari ride was great, and we got drenched on the river rapids. It was hot then, so that was okay.

Indy stunt show is really sweet, and the star Tours ride is so cool. Just waiting in line theirs stuff to look at. Animtronic C3PO and R2D2 and other ones too.

Splash Mountian is cool, but scares the stuffing out of me, ame can be said for Tower of Terror. I'm not sure what all your into, but theres cool stuff at each park.
  4. GeneralCrespin Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was there when we went to Florida at the end of January, but I went to meet a friend while everyone else went to wherever they went in Disney World. :p

Downtown Disney seemed nice though, went there the previous evening..
  5. ps2_jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    well Mouse world took out their Cash for tickets($980 *GASP* :p) so now we are gonna get a good digi cam aswell.
    so I'll be posting lotsa pics!
  6. GIMER Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Been there many times now.
    If you have any questions, send them along.

If you have a room that includes a freezer, bring your own water bottles (20oz or larger gatorade bottles work well) and fill them 2/3rds of the way full and freeze them.
    You will have cold water all day that way. We kept ours in the bottom of our stroller we brought with us.
    The Gatorade bottles are good too because if you get ice cubes, they will fit in the bottles.
    It was VERY expensive to buy water there.

Star Tours used to be a great ride. It is in need of an upgrade though.
  7. JediCath Jedi Padawan

I've also been down to WDW many, many times.

StarTours is definitely cool and the souvenir shop at its exit has (usually) some neat items. Some things I've only seen down at the park too!

Keep a watch out for characters roaming around the attraction as well - I have an OLD pic of me with Chewbacca and since, I think Darth Vader and Ewoks roam around too!

Have a great time,
  8. rvqavalon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh, I forgot to mention--a backpack is your friend. Seriously, my family thought I was insane for carrying a whole backpack with me, but they all wound up putting stuff in it at some point. I was able to take it on all the rides with me, I believe (It was a long time ago!), and it was great to have a place to stash my water bottle, souvenirs, etc. I took a backpack to Six Flags in MO, too, and everyone in my group had me carrying stuff for them. It's worth the little extra weight in order to have somewhere to stash stuff.
  9. GIMER Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, just be prepared to open them up at the entrance and you will get through the line quickly.
    Some people didn't realize they would be searched and took a long time opening all the pockets.

It really was a lifesaver to keep everything together like that on the rides.
  10. ps2_jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, I forgot to mention--a backpack is your friend
    Oh yeah I already know that we got some big backpacks with like 10 pockets to put stuff in.

And GIMER: we are staying at a resort about 7 miles away or so (in winter garden) that had a fridge, so we were gonna already plan on doing that :)
  11. shdwknt Jedi Padawan

Shame your going so early.. Star Wars weekends starts at the end of april and then all the way through may (each weekend fri, sat, sun)

I have been to the first one in 2000 and have had friends pick me up exclusives every year since.

Have fun and Enjoy.. I love disney world, me and the wife go as much as possibe (once at least every 2 years)

Laterz
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.